New ADSL1 Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Locked
DarkLotus
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by DarkLotus » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:55 am

Is there a reason new users can sign up for unlimited, but churn users cannot? I thought the signup fee and the churn fee were both at/near cost.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:20 pm

There is no reason.

Col
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm
Location: NSW

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by Col » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:24 pm

DarkLotus wrote:Is there a reason new users can sign up for unlimited, but churn users cannot? I thought the signup fee and the churn fee were both at/near cost.
It's not on the plan page but it is on the order form, just click order on another plan on that page then select the plan you really want.

raymond
Exetel Staff
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:46 pm

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by raymond » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 pm

DarkLotus wrote:Is there a reason new users can sign up for unlimited, but churn users cannot? I thought the signup fee and the churn fee were both at/near cost.
The unlimited plan has been added on member's facilities.

ennzed
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by ennzed » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 am

ForumAdmin, can you give us any information on the 8Mb plans, do they exist anymore, and what about users that are currently on them?

popper
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Port Macquarie NSW
Contact:

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by popper » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 am

I originally signed up for plan TL-BA with the 100 free VOIP calls per month as one of the benefits.

My members area still shows me as on TL-BA, but can anyone from Exetel confirm if I am still on this plan, or have I been moved to TL-C1 plan which appears the equivalent of TL-BA, and if I still have the free VOIP calls?

Thanks.

Ian

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:50 am

popper wrote:I originally signed up for plan TL-BA with the 100 free VOIP calls per month as one of the benefits.

My members area still shows me as on TL-BA, but can anyone from Exetel confirm if I am still on this plan, or have I been moved to TL-C1 plan which appears the equivalent of TL-BA, and if I still have the free VOIP calls?

Thanks.

Ian
Nothing has changed for you.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:25 pm

We will be adding unlimited 256 and 512 plans later today.

terezin
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:12 am
Location: Gold Coast

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by terezin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Numerous people have asked about the lack of 8mb plans and there is still no response.

Can Exetel please inform us why these have been dropped?

vk3xem
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: HEALESVILLE
Contact:

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by vk3xem » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:02 pm

terezin wrote:Numerous people have asked about the lack of 8mb plans and there is still no response.

Can Exetel please inform us why these have been dropped?

This has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums, Exetel have ceased 8mb plans because of the wholesale cost of these connections. Te$tra is charging too much for 8mb connections to make it competitive.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:06 pm

terezin wrote:Numerous people have asked about the lack of 8mb plans and there is still no response.

Can Exetel please inform us why these have been dropped?
Telsta's 8192/384 connections, at least for Exetel, seem to have consistently dropped in speed performance across a wide range of exchanges over the past twelve months.

This has resulted in too many 'Exetel' customers complaining about speeds and an increasing number of these complainants going to the TIO and involving Exetel in a ridiculous amount of time and costs on an issue over which we have no control.

We are not prepared to offer a service that so many stupid people think we can control and then cause us so much expense.

Every company has unreasonable customers - 8192/384 customers are more unreasonable than all others.

Perhaps this is a Telstra stategy to stop other ISPs selling 8192/384 circuits - any conspiracy theory is possible.

Exetel have no interest in offering a service that seems to cause so much unhappiness to the users of this speed and who are presumably much more competent than Exetel..

There are many other ISPs who do offer this speed service.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Over the next few days we will simplify our ADSL1 and ADSL2 offerings to a 'low end' offering per speed type plus an unlimited offering with a zero month contract.

The objective of the unlimited plans is to provide a simple monthly cost to any reasonable person who selects them.

The zero month contract is to allow Exetel to cease providing services to 14 year olds who think that unlimited means a license to download 24 x 7 as much of the internet as they can cram down their connection.

If you are a teenager(either physically or mentally) that thinks that "unlimited" means downloading as much as possible 24 x 7 then you should move elsewhere.

adamg
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:28 am

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by adamg » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:34 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Telsta's 8192/384 connections, at least for Exetel, seem to have consistently dropped in speed performance across a wide range of exchanges over the past twelve months.

This has resulted in too many 'Exetel' customers complaining about speeds and an increasing number of these complainants going to the TIO and involving Exetel in a ridiculous amount of time and costs on an issue over which we have no control.

We are not prepared to offer a service that so many stupid people think we can control and then cause us so much expense.

Every company has unreasonable customers - 8192/384 customers are more unreasonable than all others.

Perhaps this is a Telstra stategy to stop other ISPs selling 8192/384 circuits - any conspiracy theory is possible.

Exetel have no interest in offering a service that seems to cause so much unhappiness to the users of this speed and who are presumably much more competent than Exetel..

There are many other ISPs who do offer this speed service.
Does this mean those people currently on a 8M/384k will be automatically moved to a 1.5M/256k or will we be left on our legacy plans until the time we choose to change plans?

Obviously, the main problem is that ADSL2+ is simply not available, and anything more than 1.5M/256k is preferable (without resorting to bigpong/optus cable Internet).

ie, I've been quite happy with my service for the past number of years, apart from the fact that I can't get ADSL2+ and the related faster speeds... anyone feel like installing some decent services into my local exchange? (TPG + IInet are already here... is optus going to show up one day?) http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/viewex ... hange=MATR

vk3xem
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: HEALESVILLE
Contact:

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by vk3xem » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm

I personally couldn't justify the cost of an 8mb connection anyway. Unless Exetel can bring ADSL2+ to my exchange (and I can't see that happening in my life time) I will be happy on my 1.5mb plan.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

blytz
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:06 am
Location: Canberra

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by blytz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:28 pm

I hope this is taken in the spirit it's intended in.

I'm on 8mbit, and I think it's excellent. My speed was halved from 700k/s to 330k/s by Team Telstra Tightass brigade.

First, call Exetel, can you guys do anything about it ? no because Telstra snakes have put a clause in wholesaling that only requires them to supply 110k/s to Telstra (lower than 1.5 even)

Can I call Telstra ? no because I'm not a customer directly, they wont talk to me.

Can I complain to the TIO ? No because it's not within their scope and all it does it cause Exetel grief (NOT the result I want)

So I've started badgering Stephen Conroy's department instead.

To the Exetel team, guys I'm glad I got to keep my 8mbit, and I'm sorry it's not profitable for you guys because of the TTT (see above) brigade because they're good plans for those of us hamstrung to adsl1 plans.

Locked