New ADSL1 Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
David R

Re: New ADSL1 Plans

Post by David R » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:32 am

Considering one could buy ten (10) Optus wireless connections with matching performance (minus the data) for the same monthly cost Telstra would impost 1 man who enters broadband - it just goes to show the tremendous loss and hole we'll be digging for ourselves by giving in to this wasteful,artificial product '8192/384'

Try this for contrast

Remember, Good things come to those who wait; and vk3xem, you are right ,unjustifiable and never at that cost.
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 pm

These are very volatile times in terms of pricing and the constant changes to various aspects of providing services in both wire line and wireless services.

We will be making some more changes over the next few days which should be of benefit to some of our current users.

We are thinking of making unlimited plans available to current users rather than to new users.

Legend

Post by Legend » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We have also begun the belated ‘Spring cleaning’ of some of the older non-current plans and we have moved some 10,000 current users to more recent plans.
It looks like I wasn't part of the spring clean. I'm still on the TELG 512/128 plan with 54GB (not 60GB) in the 2AM-midday period (I saw no reason to change to the 2AM-2PM off-peak when briefly given the chance because I was tech-savvy enough to use a scheduler to manage my downloads, which I had set to start at 2AM).

novakreo

Post by novakreo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:53 am

raymond wrote:
novakreo wrote:
raymond wrote: We not only changed your plan to TL-B, but also moved your VOIP calls and SMSes for you. All previous customers like you, who have a VOIP and use SMS, will still be same as before.
Noting the disclaimer at the top of the forum pages, can I get this in writing?
Please send an email to raymondl [at] exetel.com.au. I will reply you.
I emailed you on the 12th, and I’m still waiting for my reply.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:40 pm

novakreo wrote:I emailed you on the 12th, and I’m still waiting for my reply.
Sorry, I didn't receive your email. Can you please send again. My email is raymondL[at]exetel.com.au

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:13 pm

We will finish tidying up the new ADSL1 plans today which was delayed because we were trying to be a bit too 'clever' and some of the information we needed was delayed.

So, hopefully by the end of the day we will reduce the number of 1500/256 plans and improve the attractiveness of the high end of that speed type.

In the mean time we have to finish changing the ADSL2 plans but that will have to wait until after Christmas when we will have had a chance to assess a couple of new issues including the performance of the new caching engines we are deploying replacing the older versions of the P2P PeerApp caching which we discontinued some three months ago when it ran out of ability to cope with our continually growing data volumes.

We will also complete the latest phase of the network de-centralisation program which has continually been held up by supplier delays in provisioning new links and capacities in the smaller PoPs.

LordS

Post by LordS » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:57 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We will finish tidying up the new ADSL1 plans today which was delayed because we were trying to be a bit too 'clever' and some of the information we needed was delayed.

So, hopefully by the end of the day we will reduce the number of 1500/256 plans and improve the attractiveness of the high end of that speed type.

In the mean time we have to finish changing the ADSL2 plans but that will have to wait until after Christmas when we will have had a chance to assess a couple of new issues including the performance of the new caching engines we are deploying replacing the older versions of the P2P PeerApp caching which we discontinued some three months ago when it ran out of ability to cope with our continually growing data volumes.

We will also complete the latest phase of the network de-centralisation program which has continually been held up by supplier delays in provisioning new links and capacities in the smaller PoPs.
Nothing about 8mbit?

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:02 pm

LordS wrote:Nothing about 8mbit?
It won't happen because of Tel$tra's greed.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:17 am

I applied for a change of plan last weekend to the TL-C4 plan, it was listed at that time as having a peak limit of 90gig, I now find that it has been changed to "mbytes" which means what?

Rex Nebular

Post by Rex Nebular » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:00 am

TL-C4 No Limit = Unlimited. I guess the member page just needs fixing.

Llian

Post by Llian » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:04 am

The new plans look pretty good I have to admit. Not changing here as I much prefer my 'free' voip. Going to monitor my usageof this tho to make sure the 'extra' $5 I pay is worth this plus the few other things we get on older plans.

Are the No Frill plans going to be altered? At present it looks very odd when comparing them valuewise to the other plans. The 'No limit' in offpeak I think being the tipping point. Perhaps upping the off peak cap somewhat could change this. Or maybe lower costs (if possible).

Also wondering if any of the value adds are going to be making a return to the plans at any stage? Or did they not have the take up desired to be able to provide them for free?

dbr

Post by dbr » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:55 am

LordS wrote:Nothing about 8mbit?
There is the light user 8mbps plan 6+12. Not for the heavy user though.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:46 am

Llian wrote:The new plans look pretty good I have to admit. Not changing here as I much prefer my 'free' voip. Going to monitor my usageof this tho to make sure the 'extra' $5 I pay is worth this plus the few other things we get on older plans.

Are the No Frill plans going to be altered? At present it looks very odd when comparing them valuewise to the other plans. The 'No limit' in offpeak I think being the tipping point. Perhaps upping the off peak cap somewhat could change this. Or maybe lower costs (if possible).

Also wondering if any of the value adds are going to be making a return to the plans at any stage? Or did they not have the take up desired to be able to provide them for free?
No decisions have been made on the further re-structuring of the ADSL1 plans.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:09 am

Rex Nebular wrote:TL-C4 No Limit = Unlimited. I guess the member page just needs fixing.
Mmmmmm I don't believe that there is any such thing as truly Unlimited, I prefer to have a number that is a limit so I know where I stand.
Safer to not change to TL-C4 then....

ryanb

Post by ryanb » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:34 am

Oh great, a new unlimited plan that is not unlimited. LAME.