Reductions In Wireless Broadband Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Reductions In Wireless Broadband Plans

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:07 pm

vk3xem wrote:I think the confusion here is that the M1 Plan is not actually HSPA, it is one of Exetel's Vodafone Plans!

The HSPA Plans are provided via the Optus network.
HSPA M1 was the name of the earlier Optus based HSPA service with phone calls, it was $5 per month access and 1.5c per mb for the first gb, 2.5c per mb thereafter, I think they might be referring to this plan

oldman

Post by oldman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:10 pm

jokiin wrote:
vk3xem wrote:I think the confusion here is that the M1 Plan is not actually HSPA, it is one of Exetel's Vodafone Plans!

HSPA M1 was the name of the earlier Optus based HSPA service with phone calls, it was $5 per month access and 1.5c per mb for the first gb, 2.5c per mb thereafter, I think they might be referring to this plan
I was.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:13 pm

oldman wrote: HSPA M1 was the name of the earlier Optus based HSPA service with phone calls, it was $5 per month access and 1.5c per mb for the first gb, 2.5c per mb thereafter, I think they might be referring to this plan
I was.[/quote]

Thanks for confirming, I know it can get confusing with the plan names at times, particularly once older plans get retired and the details are no longer in view

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:12 am

jokiin wrote:

Indeed

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:21 am

There is another reference to the Monthly Data Access Charge that probably needs to be changed on the website ......

on http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-call.php page called Exetel HSPA Voice Call Prices (1/12/09), there is a reference to the
Monthly Data Access Charge $5.00 listed for both the WM A and WM B plans.

"I love my Exetel!"

dagg3r

Post by dagg3r » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi ForumAdmin

I'm on the M1 plan and was wondering if I want to get this new WM A plan, I have to pay an additional $25 due to the imposed refund fee? and I have to fill out some porting form?

Cheers

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Lawrie wrote:There is another reference to the Monthly Data Access Charge that probably needs to be changed on the website ......

on http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-call.php page called Exetel HSPA Voice Call Prices (1/12/09), there is a reference to the
Monthly Data Access Charge $5.00 listed for both the WM A and WM B plans.

"I love my Exetel!"
I have noticed that this has now been updated. It now reads.....

Monthly Data Access Charge $0.00 ($25.00 security deposit required - refundable on termination of service)

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:10 am

The new reductions apply to wireless plans used on mobile telephones and the reduction is made possible by the small profits made on mobile call charges for a realistic level of use.

The new plans cannot be used as standalone data plans for computers or lap tops.

LordS

Post by LordS » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:21 am

any chance of reducing the prepaid hspa costs a bit?

oblong

Post by oblong » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 am

ForumAdmin wrote:The new plans cannot be used as standalone data plans for computers or lap tops.
Is that a technical limitation (i.e., a SIM card for a WM A plan just won't work in a USB modem), or a contractual/T&C agreement?

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:31 pm

dagg3r wrote:Hi ForumAdmin

I'm on the M1 plan and was wondering if I want to get this new WM A plan, I have to pay an additional $25 due to the imposed refund fee? and I have to fill out some porting form?

Cheers
You can change to WM A plan via HSPA member's facilities.

oldman

Post by oldman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:48 pm

raymond wrote:
dagg3r wrote:Hi ForumAdmin

Cheers
You can change to WM A plan via HSPA member's facilities.
That's good to know but the information on the Change Plan page conflicts with what's on the pricing page.

On http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-pricing.php it says 'For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only' for the 'WM A' plan.
On the 'Change plan' page under the HSPA menu it says 'HSPA PLAN PRICE (Via USB 'Stick' Used In Desktop or Laptop - Data/VoIP Only)' for the 'WM A' plan.
In the 'Mobile Service Available' column it says 'No'.

oblong

Post by oblong » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:50 pm

raymond wrote:You can change to WM A plan via HSPA member's facilities.
Hmmm... something's odd there. I have older HSPA M1 - HA (for mobile phone+data use) and I've noticed that change of plan option appear this morning. But the change to WM-A says "HSPA PLAN PRICE (Via USB 'Stick' Used In Desktop or Laptop - Data/VoIP Only)" and the table says "Mobile Service Available" is "No". Doesn't seem right, because I thought WM A was "For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only" (http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-pricing.php), thus implying a mobile service??

David R

Post by David R » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:29 pm

I wonder could the prepaid plans on this page http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hs ... ricing.php be integrated/made available for selection within the regular/ADSL member's facilities instead of based separately.
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:45 pm

oblong wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:The new plans cannot be used as standalone data plans for computers or lap tops.
Is that a technical limitation (i.e., a SIM card for a WM A plan just won't work in a USB modem), or a contractual/T&C agreement?
If you had of read all of ForumAdmin's post it explains why it isn't for standalone data plans for computers or laptops.
ForumAdmin wrote:The new reductions apply to wireless plans used on mobile telephones and the reduction is made possible by the small profits made on mobile call charges for a realistic level of use.
You are NOT making any mobile telephone calls, where the profits are being used to make the savings. So why should you get the savings?
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM