Reductions In Wireless Broadband Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Re: Reductions In Wireless Broadband Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:36 pm

David R wrote:I wonder could the prepaid plans on this page http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hs ... ricing.php be integrated/made available for selection within the regular/ADSL member's facilities instead of based separately.
As far as I know they are.

David R

Post by David R » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:53 pm

Specifically, the "Recharge Data" HSPA tabled 13/07/09, plans
e.g. R2000 $30.00 2 gbytes 90 Days plan
doesn't show in the order section https://www.exetel.com.au/members/hspa_order.php which Merely shows the postdated plans all of which contain some form of 'excess charges' that I'd rather avoid. :? no big deal.

Edit: I suppose those plans can be ordered from the public section here http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hs ... ricing.php
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

mutant01

Post by mutant01 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:18 pm

oldman wrote:
raymond wrote:
dagg3r wrote:Hi ForumAdmin

I'm on the M1 plan and was wondering if I want to get this new WM A plan, I have to pay an additional $25 due to the imposed refund fee? and I have to fill out some porting form?

Cheers
You can change to WM A plan via HSPA member's facilities.
That's good to know but the information on the Change Plan page conflicts with what's on the pricing page.

On http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-hspa-pricing.php it says 'For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only' for the 'WM A' plan.
On the 'Change plan' page under the HSPA menu it says 'HSPA PLAN PRICE (Via USB 'Stick' Used In Desktop or Laptop - Data/VoIP Only)' for the 'WM A' plan.
In the 'Mobile Service Available' column it says 'No'.

Thanks oldman for referring me to this thread, I have the exact same confusion as above. Anyone got a clarification regarding if I were to select WM A in the "Change Plan" page under HSPA menu, I will get WM A with mobile service?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:33 pm

mutant01 wrote:
Thanks oldman for referring me to this thread, I have the exact same confusion as above. Anyone got a clarification regarding if I were to select WM A in the "Change Plan" page under HSPA menu, I will get WM A with mobile service?
WM A is a mobile plan that provides mobile telephony services at the rates stated and data services at the rates stated.

oblong

Post by oblong » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:11 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: WM A is a mobile plan that provides mobile telephony services at the rates stated and data services at the rates stated.
But on the 'Change plan' page under the HSPA menu in User Facilities it says 'HSPA PLAN PRICE (Via USB 'Stick' Used In Desktop or Laptop - Data/VoIP Only)' for the 'WM A' plan. In the 'Mobile Service Available' column it says 'No'.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:29 pm

oblong wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote: WM A is a mobile plan that provides mobile telephony services at the rates stated and data services at the rates stated.
But on the 'Change plan' page under the HSPA menu in User Facilities it says 'HSPA PLAN PRICE (Via USB 'Stick' Used In Desktop or Laptop - Data/VoIP Only)' for the 'WM A' plan. In the 'Mobile Service Available' column it says 'No'.
yes what's in the account portal is incorrect which is obviously causing some confusion, I'm sure it will get sorted out soon though

oldman

Post by oldman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:04 pm

jokiin wrote:
oblong wrote:
yes what's in the account portal is incorrect which is obviously causing some confusion, I'm sure it will get sorted out soon though
It seems the Change Plan page has been partly corrected. 'Via USB 'Stick' Used In Desktop or Laptop - Data/VoIP Only' now correctly says 'For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only', however, in the 'Mobile Service Available' column it still says 'No'.

oblong

Post by oblong » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:13 pm

oldman wrote:It seems the Change Plan page has been partly corrected. 'Via USB 'Stick' Used In Desktop or Laptop - Data/VoIP Only' now correctly says 'For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only', however, in the 'Mobile Service Available' column it still says 'No'.
Is this going to be fixed soonish? It's not reassuring to see "For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only" followed by "Mobile Service Available - No"!

oblong

Post by oblong » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:03 pm

oblong wrote:
oldman wrote:It seems the Change Plan page has been partly corrected. 'Via USB 'Stick' Used In Desktop or Laptop - Data/VoIP Only' now correctly says 'For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only', however, in the 'Mobile Service Available' column it still says 'No'.
Is this going to be fixed soonish? It's not reassuring to see "For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only" followed by "Mobile Service Available - No"!
Well, now I'm really confused! My current "HSPA M1 - HA" plan has what I'd consider a mobile phone service "attached" to it. That is, the SIM card is in a mobile hand set and I can make and receive mobile calls. But in the user portal, in the left menu "Mobile" it says "You don't have Mobile Service with Exetel." What's that referring to? An additional mobile service?

Is that why HSPA|Change Plan, in the "Mobile Service Available" column says "No"? Or is that, as I've been assuming, an error on the page?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:46 pm

oblong wrote:Well, now I'm really confused! My current "HSPA M1 - HA" plan has what I'd consider a mobile phone service "attached" to it. That is, the SIM card is in a mobile hand set and I can make and receive mobile calls. But in the user portal, in the left menu "Mobile" it says "You don't have Mobile Service with Exetel." What's that referring to? An additional mobile service?

Yes, I am on the same plan and can also make and receive mobile calls (except I use VOIP to make calls :) ). You are correct that a mobile service under the "Mobile" menu option is a different kettle of fish altogether, unrelated to an HSPA service.
Is that why HSPA|Change Plan, in the "Mobile Service Available" column says "No"? Or is that, as I've been assuming, an error on the page?
I believe it is an error on that page for the plan we are on. I'll see if I can get it sorted out.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

bingggo

Post by bingggo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:01 am

Could someone confirm I can use the HSPA change plan to change from 'HSPA M1 - HA' to 'WM A' without losing my number or ability to make/receive normal calls :)

The change plan on my page says "HSPA PLAN PRICE (For Use With Desktop/Laptop Computer Only)"

oblong

Post by oblong » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 am

bingggo wrote:Could someone confirm I can use the HSPA change plan to change from 'HSPA M1 - HA' to 'WM A' without losing my number or ability to make/receive normal calls :)

The change plan on my page says "HSPA PLAN PRICE (For Use With Desktop/Laptop Computer Only)"
Well, strange things are happening with that change of plan page!

It used to say:
'Via USB 'Stick' Used In Desktop or Laptop - Data/VoIP Only'

Then it changed to:
'For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only'

Now it says:
'For Use With Desktop/Laptop Computer Only' and still "Mobile Service Available" is "No".

Is it possible for this to be sorted out properly?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:45 pm

oblong wrote:Is it possible for this to be sorted out properly?
I've had another go at getting Exetel to look at it.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Post by melanieb » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:32 am

oblong wrote:
bingggo wrote:Could someone confirm I can use the HSPA change plan to change from 'HSPA M1 - HA' to 'WM A' without losing my number or ability to make/receive normal calls :)

Well, strange things are happening with that change of plan page!

It used to say:
'Via USB 'Stick' Used In Desktop or Laptop - Data/VoIP Only'

Then it changed to:
'For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only'

Now it says:
'For Use With Desktop/Laptop Computer Only' and still "Mobile Service Available" is "No".

Is it possible for this to be sorted out properly?
HI,

I think there has been a lot of confusion here.

We have 2 different types of Wireless Broadband plans:

Desktop plans and Mobile Phone plans

If you are on a desktop plan, WI A, B, C, D you are able to swap between these plans.
But you cannot change the service to be a Mobile Plan which is a WM plan.

That is why when you log into your user facilities it says 'For Use With Desktop/Laptop Computer Only' and still "Mobile Service Available" is "No". And only the WI plans are listed.

If you want a WM plan which is to be used in your mobile phone, you will have to order this off the website.

I hope that makes things a little clearer.

Melanie

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:53 am

melanieb wrote:
If you want a WM plan which is to be used in your mobile phone, you will have to order this off the website.

I hope that makes things a little clearer.

Melanie

not really, if you are on the old plan that includes a mobile service (HSPA M1 - HA) and you want to change to the new equivalent plan (WM A) it gives the option to do this via the user facilities however it states (For Use With Desktop/Laptop Computer Only) which does not match the description elsewhere (For Use In Mobile Hand Set Only)

Can you see why this is confusing? (you need to look at this through the HSPA member facilities login to see the error, shown here https://www.exetel.com.au/hspa/service_ ... ink=link10 )

Several users have brought this up already and I think you will find that they want to change but are reluctant to do so as the information provided in the user facilities suggests that they will lose the mobile calling ability that they currently have