Pioneer Discount Increase

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Pioneer Discount Increase

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Those great people who have stayed with Exetel through thick and thin from the 'very beginning' will be receiving an email advising you that your pioneer discount will increase by $2.50 a month from the February 1st billing run.

Thank you for your support for almost 6 years - it is a great privilege to have customers like you.

tones

Re: Pioneer Discount Increase

Post by tones » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Thanks,

Exetel value just keeps getting better.... it has been a great 6 years.

Pamela

Post by Pamela » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Goodness, I submitted a post but it got lost somehow lol so will post another one. Thank you John Annette and Steve for the discount, it wasnt expected, if anything, I have been expecting an increase in my monthly bill the way the economy is at the moment. My discount each month will go to your Flora and Fauna projects. All the best for 2010 to your company and your family from my family.

Kind Regards Pamela.
Pamela

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks that is very generous of exetel.

Just a question and i am by no means complaining but i noticed that the discount seems to be applied based on what type of plan. I have been with exetel from the begining and on adsl2+ since available and it seems i have been receiving the discount based on 256 and 512 plans. I dont think i ever was on this speed plan as when i first joined i joined up on 1500 and then moved over to adsl2+. As i say im happy with what i am receiving and im not complaining just thought i would ask if i was entitled to received the adsl2+ discount.

in any case thanks very much.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:21 pm

nihonjin wrote:Thanks that is very generous of exetel.

Just a question and i am by no means complaining but i noticed that the discount seems to be applied based on what type of plan. I have been with exetel from the begining and on adsl2+ since available and it seems i have been receiving the discount based on 256 and 512 plans. I dont think i ever was on this speed plan as when i first joined i joined up on 1500 and then moved over to adsl2+. As i say im happy with what i am receiving and im not complaining just thought i would ask if i was entitled to received the adsl2+ discount.

in any case thanks very much.
The pioneer discount was rated on your old ADSL1 price. I have changed the rates for you. You will receive $15.00 credit from February.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:18 pm

As i say im happy with whatever but as mentioned i joined up on adsl1 as would have everyone on pioneer as this is all that was available and my plan was a 1500 speed plan. Once adsl2 was available i changed over and have been on ever since. I dont want to be a pain just thought i would ask and if i am eligible for the adsl2+ discount then that's great.

I hope i am but if not thanks anyway.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Wow!

Thank you very much.

lkml2000

Post by lkml2000 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks for the increase. Very nice :-)

But if I remember correctly, Exetel only offer ADSL1 at the beginning. that means no one would be qualify for the ADSL2 discount...

I am not complainning, Just want to clarify if I am wrong.

Cheers

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:50 am

Hehe look at all the 2004/2005 join dates on the right in this thread :)

Thanks again Exetel. Glad I "stuck by you" in the "thick and thin". Weren't those "Lorraine" days horrid? I think I had more dramas with the Optus Backhaul issues though that didn't seem quite so as troublesome to Exetel.... :)

p.s. The Elephants are now getting part on my Pioneer discount along with all the other project donations too...
p.p.s. Can't believe only about 70 odd people donate to endangered species via Exetel... Very sad!
p.p.p.s. Couldn't we support Elephants with bigger ears? These Sri Lankan ones ears are tiny!!

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:08 am

lkml2000 wrote:Thanks for the increase. Very nice :-)

But if I remember correctly, Exetel only offer ADSL1 at the beginning. that means no one would be qualify for the ADSL2 discount...

Cheers
As the email stated, the pioneer discount increase will be based on the current plan type. It will be fixed automatically if the rate is wrong.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:52 am

thomashouseman wrote:Hehe look at all the 2004/2005 join dates on the right in this thread :)

Thanks again Exetel. Glad I "stuck by you" in the "thick and thin". Weren't those "Lorraine" days horrid? I think I had more dramas with the Optus Backhaul issues though that didn't seem quite so as troublesome to Exetel.... :)

p.s. The Elephants are now getting part on my Pioneer discount along with all the other project donations too...
p.p.s. Can't believe only about 70 odd people donate to endangered species via Exetel... Very sad!
p.p.p.s. Couldn't we support Elephants with bigger ears? These Sri Lankan ones ears are tiny!!
The African elephants are the ones with big ears.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:04 pm

raymond wrote:
lkml2000 wrote:Thanks for the increase. Very nice :-)

Cheers
As the email stated, the pioneer discount increase will be based on the current plan type. It will be fixed automatically if the rate is wrong.

Thanks for clarifying this. It is very generous and greatly appreciated. I continue to enjoy exetel services and recommend people to use exetel all the time.

Keep up the great work.

apat

Post by apat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Makes me sad that I missed the Pioneer discount cutoff by 18 days. Date of activation: 18th July 2004. Ah well, still unbeatable value and service (which is why I'm still here nearly 6 years later).

trev

Post by trev » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Just noticed the increased discount on my monthly bill... thanks Exetel, for the reliable and extremely cost-effective broadband since June 2004!

(I tried sending a note of appreciation to management@ but that email address is no longer in use and none of the alternatives seemed apposite.)

kenobiajay

Post by kenobiajay » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 pm

I've donated the increase to Sri Lankan Elephants...and will continue to do so every month.

Feels good. :D