Withdrawal Of Free Included Services On Older Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Withdrawal Of Free Included Services On Older Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:39 am

The following letter is being sent to all Exetel users:

Change Of Included Services Offered With Older Exetel Plans

Dear [ ],

This notice is being given to you under the terms and conditions of the supply of ADSL services to you. Exetel will no longer provide three services at no charge that are included in older ADSL1 and ADSL2 plans.

From March 1st 2010 no Exetel ADSL1 or ADSL2 broadband service will include no charge SMS or FAX services or VOIP calls.

Should you wish to continue to use these services from Exetel you are more than welcome to do so but you will need to pay for them from Midnight on March 1st 2010 at the following rates:

SMS – 5 cents per SMS of 160 characters

FAX – 10 cents per fax sent

VoIP – 10 cents per call to an Australian landline; 15 cents per minute for calls to mobile numbers within Australia (no ‘flag falls’ apply to these rates).

Should you consider these changes to be of a ‘material nature’ in your use of your Exetel supplied ADSL1 or ADSL2 broadband service then you can move to another ADSL service provider with no early termination of your current contract with Exetel. Any use of these three ancillary services will be charged at the stated rates from midnight March 1st 2010.

We regret that we have to withdraw these services on a ‘free’ basis but it is no longer economical for us to carry the cost of providing these services.

Exetel Provisioning

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Withdrawal Of Free Included Services On Older Plans

Post by jokiin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:00 pm

it might also be worth mentioning that customers should check the new plans on offer (they may not have looked) that don't include these options by default as they offer the same for less anyway so likely they could switch to an alternate plan that is cheaper and still have similar or better included downloads, lower excess usage charges etc

sable

Post by sable » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:04 pm

All good things must come to an end!

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:07 pm

The Older Plans are now completely irrelevant (in my unqualified opinion). Any consideration made to remove them completely and migrate the customers to the current plans?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:28 pm

I didn't move - the old bundle suits me better than the new plans. Now I have to find $10 extra, or else shift plan and pay extra.....sigh.

tones

Post by tones » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Does that mean that those of us who use the voip service (currently using "POST VOIP 0" on ADSL) will start being charged the current minimum $5 "POST VOIP 5" per DID?

I also have a VOIP service over HSPA ("HSPA VOIP") ... will it also start being charged the $5 minimum?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Ravenous wrote:The Older Plans are now completely irrelevant (in my unqualified opinion). Any consideration made to remove them completely and migrate the customers to the current plans?
Once this has all settled down that will be considered.

We have been reluctant to do that for some time now.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:31 pm

tones wrote:Does that mean that those of us who use the voip service (currently using "POST VOIP 0" on ADSL) will start being charged the current minimum $5 "POST VOIP 5" per DID?

I also have a VOIP service over HSPA ("HSPA VOIP") ... will it also start being charged the $5 minimum?
There is no minimum on your 'included' VoIP service.

kenobiajay

Post by kenobiajay » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:09 pm

To confirm, old HSPA plans with free voip/sms will continue to have so?

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:46 pm

jokiin wrote:it might also be worth mentioning that customers should check the new plans on offer (they may not have looked) that don't include these options by default as they offer the same for less anyway so likely they could switch to an alternate plan that is cheaper and still have similar or better included downloads, lower excess usage charges etc
but what john has not mentioned in this email is that all the prices of the new plans have also gone up today, so my old Plan INC2DSLA at $55 with 8G/60G downloads does not have a comparable new plan. It is either NF/21IncTel at $60 and 5G/NoCharge or NF/22IncTel at $70 and 30G/60G

refer to http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35130

So there is currently no incentive to move to a new plan

Munka

Post by Munka » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:24 pm

kenobiajay wrote:To confirm, old HSPA plans with free voip/sms will continue to have so?
I saw no mention of the old HSPA plans, so clarification would be good.
Munka

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Lawrie wrote:
jokiin wrote:it might also be worth mentioning that customers should check the new plans on offer (they may not have looked) that don't include these options by default as they offer the same for less anyway so likely they could switch to an alternate plan that is cheaper and still have similar or better included downloads, lower excess usage charges etc
but what john has not mentioned in this email is that all the prices of the new plans have also gone up today, so my old Plan INC2DSLA at $55 with 8G/60G downloads does not have a comparable new plan. It is either NF/21IncTel at $60 and 5G/NoCharge or NF/22IncTel at $70 and 30G/60G

refer to http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35130

So there is currently no incentive to move to a new plan
I guess that depends what plan you're on now, for me I can go a plan that's $5 a month cheaper and get more download and lower excess usage charge, the $5 saved would cover the VoIP calls I make so I'm no worse off, slightly ahead

sable

Post by sable » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:44 pm

Just spoke to customer about changing to NF1500 from TL-BA, cost to change plan with no line speed change is listed as $90.

I don't think/hope this is not correct, cost of $90 to save $5 per month!!

An 18 month pay back period.

crikey

Post by crikey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:48 pm

I'm more than happy to change to a current plan, which doesn't offer the various freebies but has more generous download allowances. However, when I start this process from the user facilites I see that changing plans now incurs a $90 fee:
I agree to pay $90.00 for plan change fee.
I understand that this $90.00 fee will be debited on the first working day of next month together with my monthly plan access fee
This penalty is new, AFAIK, probably introduced on 1 Feb, the day before the "Withdrawal Of Free Included Services" notice. That's a bit bloody rude. Add to that the $5 a month increase in most current plans from 1 Feb, and I'm seriously annoyed.

IanS

Post by IanS » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:54 pm

sable wrote:
Just spoke to customer about changing to NF1500 from TL-BA, cost to change plan with no line speed change is listed as $90.

I don't think/hope this is not correct, cost of $90 to save $5 per month!!

An 18 month pay back period.
Yeah, I just switched one of my accounts from PTLA to a NF/20BYOLINE & the same message... :evil: