Increase in Prices Of Some NF Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Increase in Prices Of Some NF Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:29 pm

NF/20, NF21 and NF22 Plan Price Increases

Dear [ ],

Due to a change in circumstances Exetel is sorry to advise you that the monthly cost of your ADSL2 plan will increase by $5.00 per month from March 1st 2010.

Should you wish to transfer your service to another provider you should arrange to do that before midnight on February 28th 2010.

(Provisioning At Exetel Pty Ltd)

neb

Re: Increase in Prices Of Some NF Plans

Post by neb » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:53 pm

thats fine by me, so long as the pathetic speed issues on powertel are fixed to go along with the price increase

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:23 pm

So that I can explain to my daughter, who is only 9 days into her first ever Exetel ADSL service, how her monthly fee for her NF/22NOTEL service can increase by $5 so soon after signing up, can you please explain how this change fits into the Terms and Agreement Section 3. Variation to Agreement.
ie Which clause(s) covers this change?

I spent so much effort convincing her into signing up to this deal - I don't want it to go sour this soon.
Under no circumstances do we want to go to another ISP. Exetel's services are still far superior and cheaper than any other alternative.

sable

Post by sable » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Lawrie wrote:So that I can explain to my daughter, who is only 9 days into her first ever Exetel ADSL service, how her monthly fee for her NF/22NOTEL service can increase by $5 so soon after signing up, can you please explain how this change fits into the Terms and Agreement Section 3. Variation to Agreement.

I spent so much effort convincing her into signing up to this deal - I don't want it to go sour this soon.
Under no circumstances do we want to go to another ISP. Exetel's services are still far superior and cheaper than any other alternative.

If she is within her intial 12 month contract there should not be an increase in price.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Lawrie wrote:So that I can explain to my daughter, who is only 9 days into her first ever Exetel ADSL service, how her monthly fee for her NF/22NOTEL service can increase by $5 so soon after signing up, can you please explain how this change fits into the Terms and Agreement Section 3. Variation to Agreement.

Lawrie,

Blame my stupidity in rushing in December to put in place plans based on an assumption that failed to materialise.

This resulted in an untenable scenario that had to be corrected.

I can only apologise for my stupidity and my 'punishment' will be to play no further part in ADSL activities from now on......I have clearly passed my use by date.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:50 pm

neb wrote:thats fine by me, so long as the pathetic speed issues on powertel are fixed to go along with the price increase
Please log a fault ticket or post in the relevant forum.

mallow

Post by mallow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:01 pm

sable wrote:[quote="Lawrie"

If she is within her intial 12 month contract there should not be an increase in price.
I am 5 months into my 12 mths contract and my NF/21BYO has gone from $25.00 to $30.00 from next month

adrian75

Post by adrian75 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:04 pm

Wat?? I just updated my plan a day ago and now i have to pay $5 extra?? Gees If id known i would've stuck with my old plan. Very dissapointing

sailing

Post by sailing » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Me too, just changed my plan to NF/22IncTel yesterday and now the plan price increased.

Do we still have 12 month contract on the previous $65 price after switching to the new plan?

Also, the excess download is $0.5 per Gb in NF/22IncTel, but my new plan shows $6:
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $6.00
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): 60000
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $6.00

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:43 pm

I have queried the application of this price increase to NF plans with longer than 30-day contracts. I expect to get a reply tomorrow.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

jromz03

Post by jromz03 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:50 pm

what exactly is this 'circumstances' that caused the increase? seeing as I'm given a 'take it or leave it' option, at the very least please give me a real explanation.

and can i expect more regular price increase in the future?

Munka

Post by Munka » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:05 pm

jromz03 wrote: and can i expect more regular price increase in the future?
From past experience no, more likely a reduction followed by another one, just my experience.
Munka

thalamic

Post by thalamic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:18 pm

adrian75 wrote:Wat?? I just updated my plan a day ago and now i have to pay $5 extra?? Gees If id known i would've stuck with my old plan. Very dissapointing
I did the very same thing! The timing is stunning. Can we change back? :D

Alcor1

Post by Alcor1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 pm

I switched over to one of those plans because it was better value for the same money.

A more reasonable alternative would be to allow users on the new plans to get what they signed up for, even if it is only for six months, and increase the price of those plans for new applicants. Exetel changes its plan offerings ridiculously often anyway.

jromz03

Post by jromz03 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Munka wrote:
jromz03 wrote: and can i expect more regular price increase in the future?
From past experience no, more likely a reduction followed by another one, just my experience.
in the past yes. this is the first time i was increased, so maybe this is a new thing for 2010.

also exetel, please correct your excess cost. :D