Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am

The temporary increase to the change plan fee (ADSL1/$115.00 and ADSL2/$90.00) will be changed back to their previous cost of no charge if there is no line speed change and $25.00 if there is a line speed change (on ADSL1 plans only) within a few days.

For those customers who used the previous 'ancillary service inclusions' (100 x free voip national/local calls; 30 free SMS and 20 free faxes) there will be replacement offers for those free services that provide discounts over the list price services:

1) 100 national/local VoIP calls for $5.00 per month
2) 30 160 character SMS for $1.00 per month
3) 20 up to ten page faxes for $1.00 per month.
4) 100 minutes of VoIP calls to mobiles for $5.00 per month

The change plan order forms will be modified to allow a customer to order these services at the time of changing plans.

There will also be a new page in the User Facilities to add or delete these ancillary services at any time.

ozblogger

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by ozblogger » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 am

Finally some Good News Exetel !
I can only guess your tech team was probably having a nightmare, with those emails to all and then the apology emails for those on contracts
And the members page still isn't corrected with Plan information for those on contract.

Good to know common sense prevailed in the end. Overnight increase in Change of Plan fee is hardly justified
(especially if its $90 - $115), on top of the $5 increase & removal of those free extra services ...
The timing of it all, has led to utter confusion & panic amongst new customers.

-kevin

Post by -kevin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:56 am

Dear ForumAdmin,
Many thanks! Just for your info, I was on an older ADSL2 plan that had 100 free (local) VoIP calls included and in either Oct or Nov I started getting charged for them. So I have been paying for free local calls for 3 months now. It was only $4-$5 a month (I'm not interested in refunds, and quite happy to pay for them) but thought I'd let you know more from a programming / systems point of view, in case something changed in the billing program back then that shoudn't have changed till this month.

Thanks again - appreciate your time

Regards,
Kevin

crikey

Post by crikey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:56 am

Thank you. I'm very happy you have listened to the users in this forum and reconsidered the high plan change fee.

I was on an old plan that included the free calls/sms/fax, but with a change to a current plan the offer of ancillary services, my new total monthly cost will now be within a few dollars of the old cost. Still very good value.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:19 pm

-kevin wrote:Dear ForumAdmin,
Many thanks! Just for your info, I was on an older ADSL2 plan that had 100 free (local) VoIP calls included and in either Oct or Nov I started getting charged for them. So I have been paying for free local calls for 3 months now. It was only $4-$5 a month (I'm not interested in refunds, and quite happy to pay for them) but thought I'd let you know more from a programming / systems point of view, in case something changed in the billing program back then that shoudn't have changed till this month.

Thanks again - appreciate your time

Regards,
Kevin
Kevin,

Please send details to:

raymond@exetel.com.au

hsvboy11

Post by hsvboy11 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:37 pm

thanks very much guys, sounds good to me, plan change here i come :D

MikeTurner

Post by MikeTurner » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks Exetel. Thanks for listening.

datax1969

Post by datax1969 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:56 pm

This is good news and shows that Exetel still is top of the pops when it comes to listening to and dealing with its customers.

There's just one or two missing details:

Are these ancillary packages to be available across the board to all plans, not just those that have had the freebies removed?

If I don't opt for $5 VOIP to mobile package, will the cost to mobiles remain at the current rate or does it go to the 15c/min as mentioned in the original email.

Wok

Post by Wok » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Will these ancillary packages be available to us still on an old 1.5/8MB adsl ??

With me, and probably a lot of others stuck on an old 8MB plan because there is nothing else to change to, it seems unfair if this was not offered to us as well !!

vbap

Post by vbap » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:01 pm

datax1969 wrote: If I don't opt for $5 VOIP to mobile package, will the cost to mobiles remain at the current rate or does it go to the 15c/min as mentioned in the original email.
If you go to your user facilities, and to the Change My Service option in the ADSL menu, the new packs and pricing for services are listed (my emphasis):
Useful ‘Add On’ Bonus Packs

You may wish to use your ADSL service for VoIP calls, to send SMS messages or to send faxes.
Exetel offers very low prices for these additional services on a pay for what you use basis of:
VoIP calls: 10 cents untimed to any Australian local/national wire number; 15 cents per minute to mobile numbers in Australia
SMS: 5 cents per 160 character SMS sent from your computer
Fax: 10 cents per fax sent (maximum 10 pages per fax – subsequent pages 2 cents per page)
On the order form you can also elect to add the following ‘discount packs’ of services to your ADSL service:
VP1 – 100 VoIP local national VoIp calls for $5.00 per month
VP2 – 30 x 160 character Australian SMS for $1.00 per month
VP3 – 30 x 10 page faxes to Australian destinations for $1.00 per month

You can select any or all of these add ons on the order form when you change to a different ADSL service.
I actually thought the local call cost for VoIP would be 5c per call according to yesterday's blog, but that pricing is only available in the 100 call pack.
The 15c / min mobile is very good.

Hmmm....I'm sure when I looked at it earlier today, there was another pack for 100 minutes VoiP-to-Mobile @ $5.00...

Guess all the above are subject to change!

scottb721

Post by scottb721 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:35 pm

How do I select VP1 whilst staying on my current plan ?

I'm one of those that needs to stay on their current 8Mb plan.

australiana

Post by australiana » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:03 pm

The imposition of the $90 change of plan fee change shook my faith in the Exetel somewhat. It seemed to have no justification and seemed to result from some fairly confused thinking going on inside Exetel.

I'm obviously pleased that it has now been removed but I hope there is no repetition ever of the whole recent pricing debacle.

scottb721

Post by scottb721 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:15 pm

australiana wrote:The imposition of the $90 change of plan fee change shook my faith in the Exetel somewhat.
I'm obviously pleased that it has now been removed but I hope there is no repetition ever of the whole recent pricing debacle.
Huh ?

Mine is still showing $115/$90. Doesn't look like it has been removed.

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:21 pm

scottb721 wrote:
australiana wrote:The imposition of the $90 change of plan fee change shook my faith in the Exetel somewhat.
Huh ?

It seems that when ForumAdmin posts that it will be back to normal "within a few days" (see first post in this thread), people think it means straight away.

Same goes for the ancillary services.

scottb721

Post by scottb721 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Klaas wrote:
scottb721 wrote:
Huh ?

It seems that when ForumAdmin posts that it will be back to normal "within a few days"
To me, "it has now been removed" tends to imply that it has already happened and not something that is happening 'within a few days'.
This is moot anyway as there aren't any attractive 8mb plans to move to :-)