Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
lkml2000
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:31 pm

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by lkml2000 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:34 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: For those customers who used the previous 'ancillary service inclusions' (100 x free voip national/local calls; 30 free SMS and 20 free faxes) there will be replacement offers for those free services that provide discounts over the list price services:

1) 100 national/local VoIP calls for $5.00 per month
2) 30 160 character SMS for $1.00 per month
3) 20 up to ten page faxes for $1.00 per month.
4) 100 minutes of VoIP calls to mobiles for $5.00 per month
I used all types but not the much per type.

Would you consider a package type ie $5.00 which includes
40 local calls, 40 mobile minutes, 15 SMS and 10 faxes.
or something similar?
:-)

sable
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:28 am
Location: NSW

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by sable » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:59 pm

To me, "it has now been removed" tends to imply that it has already happened and not something that is happening 'within a few days'.
This is moot anyway as there aren't any attractive 8mb plans to move to
Where do you see that Forum Admin said "it has now been removed"?

Refer to Klaas' post and look at the first post in this thread.
The temporary increase to the change plan fee (ADSL1/$115.00 and ADSL2/$90.00) will be changed back to their previous cost of no charge if there is no line speed change and $25.00 if there is a line speed change (on ADSL1 plans only) within a few days

vbap
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by vbap » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:01 am

lkml2000 wrote:
I used all types but not the much per type.

Would you consider a package type ie $5.00 which includes
40 local calls, 40 mobile minutes, 15 SMS and 10 faxes.
or something similar?
:-)
Yes, something of this size would also fit our usage pattern nicely

thomashouseman
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: Toongabbie
Contact:

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:34 am

vbap wrote:
lkml2000 wrote:
I used all types but not the much per type.

Would you consider a package type ie $5.00 which includes
40 local calls, 40 mobile minutes, 15 SMS and 10 faxes.
or something similar?
:-)
Yes, something of this size would also fit our usage pattern nicely
+1 although I'd be hard pressed to send that many faxes ever.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:28 pm

lkml2000 wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote: For those customers who used the previous 'ancillary service inclusions' (100 x free voip national/local calls; 30 free SMS and 20 free faxes) there will be replacement offers for those free services that provide discounts over the list price services:

1) 100 national/local VoIP calls for $5.00 per month
2) 30 160 character SMS for $1.00 per month
3) 20 up to ten page faxes for $1.00 per month.
4) 100 minutes of VoIP calls to mobiles for $5.00 per month
I used all types but not the much per type.

Would you consider a package type ie $5.00 which includes
40 local calls, 40 mobile minutes, 15 SMS and 10 faxes.
or something similar?
:-)
Anything is possible.

We did consider a 'mixed bag' option but believed what would suit some people would not suit others and we would be constantly adding variations which would make billing a nightmare.

We will consider it further.

thomashouseman
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: Toongabbie
Contact:

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:42 pm

Why not charge in units?

I.e. 100 units = $5

Landline call = 2 units.
SMS = 1 unit
Fax = 2 units
a mobile minute = 2 units etc.

Something along those lines.

Then a person can use up units in any mixture.

T.

lkml2000
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:31 pm

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by lkml2000 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:09 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
lkml2000 wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote: For those customers who used the previous 'ancillary service inclusions' (100 x free voip national/local calls; 30 free SMS and 20 free faxes) there will be replacement offers for those free services that provide discounts over the list price services:

1) 100 national/local VoIP calls for $5.00 per month
2) 30 160 character SMS for $1.00 per month
3) 20 up to ten page faxes for $1.00 per month.
4) 100 minutes of VoIP calls to mobiles for $5.00 per month
I used all types but not the much per type.

Would you consider a package type ie $5.00 which includes
40 local calls, 40 mobile minutes, 15 SMS and 10 faxes.
or something similar?
:-)
Anything is possible.

We did consider a 'mixed bag' option but believed what would suit some people would not suit others and we would be constantly adding variations which would make billing a nightmare.

We will consider it further.
Thanks...

As most user would like to use the same/phone line to make calls. I would suggest a package at least a mix of the landline and mobile minutes.

Cheer :-)

vbap
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by vbap » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:12 pm

lkml2000 wrote:
As most user would like to use the same/phone line to make calls. I would suggest a package at least a mix of the landline and mobile minutes.

Cheer :-)
We're definitely on the same wavelength...

But I do understand the billing/logistical issues with bundled stuff. The underlying cost of mobile minutes may change disproportionately to national calls, meaning the bundle mix would have to change to make it profitable, etc etc

The next thing you know, we'll be asking for "VoIP CAP plans"... :shock:

mxw
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:09 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by mxw » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:56 pm

My member page is still showing the $90 changeover fee. Wasn't this removed? Or am I still being a "fool"?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by jokiin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 pm

mxw wrote:My member page is still showing the $90 changeover fee. Wasn't this removed?
not yet, was stated to be happening in the next few days

bodogbodog
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by bodogbodog » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:13 am

scottb721 wrote:How do I select VP1 whilst staying on my current plan ?
Any answer on this one? - I am on IncPhoneZ and HSPA WM1 A and would like to stay on them but also purchase some of the ancillary service packs

Two key questions:

Can I purchase those packs without moving to a current plan?
If I do purchase an SMS pack and a VOIP pack will the usage on both my ADSL2 and HSPA plans decrement from the same prepaid pool (as it does at the moment with my free allocation for SMS's)

Great initiative BTW - thanks (again) Exetel - keep it coming

d5.lam
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:21 pm
Location: brisbane

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by d5.lam » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:54 am

so are sms's meant to cost 5c or 8c. because its currently costing me 8c on NF21/Notel plan.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:13 pm

d5.lam wrote:so are sms's meant to cost 5c or 8c. because its currently costing me 8c on NF21/Notel plan.
The cost 8 cents at the moment.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:14 pm

bodogbodog wrote:
scottb721 wrote:How do I select VP1 whilst staying on my current plan ?
Any answer on this one? - I am on IncPhoneZ and HSPA WM1 A and would like to stay on them but also purchase some of the ancillary service packs

Two key questions:

1) Can I purchase those packs without moving to a current plan?

2) If I do purchase an SMS pack and a VOIP pack will the usage on both my ADSL2 and HSPA plans decrement from the same prepaid pool (as it does at the moment with my free allocation for SMS's)

Great initiative BTW - thanks (again) Exetel - keep it coming
1) Yes

2) Yes - as long as we get the code written on time.

bodogbodog
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Plan Change Fee/New 'Ancillary Service Pricing

Post by bodogbodog » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:28 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
1) Yes

2) Yes - as long as we get the code written on time.
Excellent - it keeps getting better
I'll keep an eye out for it in the User Facilities options - good luck with the coding and I guess we have until the end of the month to get it sorted anyway
These packs are perfect for my HSPA mobile phone account - and I'm getting ever so close to moving to VOIP at home as well

Locked