Wireless Internet Included In ADSL Plan Prices

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: Wireless Internet Included In ADSL Plan Prices

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:12 pm

rseydler wrote:Is it possible to shape the wireless connection?

If so why not provide a very cheap "adsl add on" service where due to the price it is speed limited to something useful such as VOIP. (64/64k or 128/128?)

Definately no expiry and a small monthly "add on" fee.

Failover to wireless for an extra $5 month capped at some amount (maybe variable via user facilities) would be awesome.

Ron
Shaping is not on the horizon for an Exetel service - our Optus contract specifically forbids us from doing that.

vk2ybe

Post by vk2ybe » Wed May 05, 2010 9:15 am

This would be a great benefit to existing users as a back-up to ADSL and for use when away from home. I have been looking a different plans and providers recently to see how I could set myself up cheaply for infrequent use, and Exetel's $5/month plan seems to be the most suitable. But as an existing customer, I don't require the extras that a new customer would require (email accounts, web space etc.), all I need is internet access. So I would suggest a $0 monthly charge, $25 set-up, and a pay as you use billed to my existing account, with the option of pre-purchasing bulk data at a reduced fee as and when required.
I urge Exetel to please make an offer to existing customers ASAP

Cheers vk2ybe
:)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 05, 2010 10:26 am

vk2ybe wrote:This would be a great benefit to existing users as a back-up to ADSL and for use when away from home. I have been looking a different plans and providers recently to see how I could set myself up cheaply for infrequent use, and Exetel's $5/month plan seems to be the most suitable. But as an existing customer, I don't require the extras that a new customer would require (email accounts, web space etc.), all I need is internet access. So I would suggest a $0 monthly charge, $25 set-up, and a pay as you use billed to my existing account, with the option of pre-purchasing bulk data at a reduced fee as and when required.
I urge Exetel to please make an offer to existing customers ASAP

Cheers vk2ybe
:)
How would you suggest that Exetel deal with the monthly port charge made by Optus on every wireless service?

We will, shortly, offer a zero cost wireless service to Exetel ADSL users but we will need a trade off for providing that service at no cost.

The trade off is likely to be a reduction in the off peak hours now that the new plans have more peak downloads.

That decision will be made later this week.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Wed May 05, 2010 11:01 am

I saw your post about the off peak changes if this change is because of the need to offer a free wireless account then can we opt not to use the wireless account and keep the off peak. Or if this is too complicated just charge for the wireless and lave the off peak as it is.

jubba

Post by jubba » Wed May 05, 2010 5:57 pm

the wireless plan mentions that its a 12mth contract. If its PAYG they why would a contract period be needed? Or is that referring to the modem as in you can't use the modem for someone else's wireless services.

Also, what modem will one be getting and does the $50 include a sim aswell.

Godde

Post by Godde » Thu May 06, 2010 11:45 am

Currently I am paying $10 each month for 1Gb data with three. The modem was free when I signed up for the 24 month contract.
The stated 1.5c/mb comes to $15/Gb, so the overall value is actually lower than what I am paying now.
But since I don't really use it often, probably average at less than 100 mb a month. Exetel might be better for me.
However, for me to change to exetel's wireless service, although it might be better for me in the long run, no setup fee is still a must.

If it's as stated, ie. no monthly but a $5 minimum usage, I think a lot of people like me will be tempted but won't actually go through the changes because the saving is not that significant.
In my opinion, It will sound better if you can put it as 300mb data included for $4.50 a month and 2c/mb after that.

jubba

Post by jubba » Thu May 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Godde wrote:If it's as stated, ie. no monthly but a $5 minimum usage, I think a lot of people like me will be tempted but won't actually go through the changes because the saving is not that significant.
where does it say minimum usage. Did i miss that bit?
Godde wrote:However, for me to change to exetel's wireless service, although it might be better for me in the long run, no setup fee is still a must.
there is no set up fee. Its just a matter of you having to pay for hardware if you don't already have a wireless modem. I think $50 is the cheapest you'll find for a wireless modem.

Godde

Post by Godde » Thu May 06, 2010 2:54 pm

jubba wrote:
Godde wrote: where does it say minimum usage. Did i miss that bit?
Oh? I guess that term has been removed, it was there yesterday though.
Sorry, didn't read the updated version.

Can I use three's E220 modem with Exetel's network if unlocked?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu May 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Godde wrote:
Almost certainly.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu May 06, 2010 3:04 pm

nihonjin wrote:I saw your post about the off peak changes if this change is because of the need to offer a free wireless account then can we opt not to use the wireless account and keep the off peak. Or if this is too complicated just charge for the wireless and lave the off peak as it is.
I guess that will be what will be done.....but it won't be done for current ADSL plans - only new ones.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Thu May 06, 2010 5:19 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
nihonjin wrote:I saw your post about the off peak changes if this change is because of the need to offer a free wireless account then can we opt not to use the wireless account and keep the off peak. Or if this is too complicated just charge for the wireless and lave the off peak as it is.
I guess that will be what will be done.....but it won't be done for current ADSL plans - only new ones.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Do you mean there will be new plans in the future that will incorporate the wireless option with less off peak and the current non wireless plans will remain? Personally i like the ability to have 12 hours a day offpeak.

I don't envy your job but really appreciate the time you take to reply to us on the forum. Just remember not everyone of your customers on this forum are unreasonable.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Thu May 06, 2010 5:26 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
Godde wrote:
Almost certainly.
Unless the modem itself is locked and needs to be network unlocked.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu May 06, 2010 5:53 pm

nihonjin wrote:

1) Do you mean there will be new plans in the future that will incorporate the wireless option with less off peak and the current non wireless plans will remain? Personally i like the ability to have 12 hours a day offpeak.

2) I don't envy your job but really appreciate the time you take to reply to us on the forum. Just remember not everyone of your customers on this forum are unreasonable.
1) No - I meant that we would need to work out how to make that offer to the people who find it of value and we have no way of doing that at the moment.

2) I was the first person who posted on this forum and I have made an average of 50 + posts a week, often many more, since then.I really enjoy playing a part in helping Exetel users and get a lot of ideas from the various suggestions. I don't take notice of d***heads nor do the moderators allow such people's brief forays to affect the way this forum has helped Exetel users for the past six plus years.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat May 22, 2010 9:18 pm

We are closer to finalising the offer of a low cost wireless broadband add on to ADSL plans.

The requirements are most likely to be:

1) 24 month contract

2) $1.00 per month access fee.

3) Buy prepaid downloads and top up the downloads as they are used up

4) Sim shipped at a cost of $15.00

5)Sim can be used in PC or Mobile Telephone handset

6) MoiP Application (for voice calls and SMS) down loadable from user facilities.

7) Final details to be put in place over the next week.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Sat May 22, 2010 9:28 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We are closer to finalising the offer of a low cost wireless broadband add on to ADSL plans.

The requirements are most likely to be:

1) 24 month contract
EEEk!

You're longest yet!