Wireless Internet Included In ADSL Plan Prices

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Drnick

Re: Wireless Internet Included In ADSL Plan Prices

Post by Drnick » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:56 pm

Hello there,

I have recently changed to an ONA plan as it suits my needs (cost $10). This was after switching to a Z plan the month before (cost $10). If I am reading this correctly, does this mean I have to change my plan yet again if I want to take up the wireless offer (which I am keen to - cost $10)?

vk2ybe

Post by vk2ybe » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:15 pm

I have been waiting until the 1st of June for Exetel to release these new Wireless options for members so I could apply for a SIM card. After reading the newsletter advising that the option was now available, I searched through the users facility but couldn't find the option anywhere, I then emailed Exetel and asked to be provided with this wireless option.
The reply I received was that it will only be available to new ADSL-2 members!! I sent a return email stating that this was not how the newsletter read or what had be discussed in this forum.As yet I have not received a reply.
I will be very disappointed if all members are not offered this wireless option.

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:24 pm

vk2ybe wrote:I will be very disappointed if all members are not offered this wireless option.

Not sure Exetel is a club...however the offer seems to be only for people on Optus ports who are new or renew for a 12 mnth contract.
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Wireless is an Optus network service and the offer is to promote both wireless and the take up of Optus ADSL and Optus is funding that process.

Exetel is in the process of putting a similar offer for AAPT ADSL2 and, if we can find a way, for ADSL1.

oldman

Post by oldman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:49 am

I see the new 'W' plans are now available in the User Facilities area. Just one point of clarification regarding the price of the modems... from previous comments in the forum I believe the price per month is only for the duration of the contract term and that the modem is owned outright after that, however, that is not clear from the information provided. Could that please be clarified?

Thank you.

Lazzar

Post by Lazzar » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Forumadmin could you please clarify this for me.

I received the "free" wireless broadband email today, I'm currently on the Z/21INCTEL plan, the eqivalent new plan would be OTBW. Could you please clarify the changes that will be made to the ADSL service upon signing up again, i.e. I assume that I would lose my 2am-2pm offpeak and get the 2am-8am offpeak as I am effectively signing up for a new service? Or is this not the case?

Vader

Post by Vader » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Can I have the MicroSIM card because I want to use it on the IPAD ?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Lazzar wrote:Forumadmin could you please clarify this for me.

I received the "free" wireless broadband email today, I'm currently on the Z/21INCTEL plan, the eqivalent new plan would be OTBW. Could you please clarify the changes that will be made to the ADSL service upon signing up again, i.e. I assume that I would lose my 2am-2pm offpeak and get the 2am-8am offpeak as I am effectively signing up for a new service? Or is this not the case?
The terms and conditions for the new plan apply.

So, yes, the different peak/off peak periods would apply.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Vader wrote:Can I have the MicroSIM card because I want to use it on the IPAD ?
We don't have micro sims at the moment.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:58 pm

oldman wrote:I see the new 'W' plans are now available in the User Facilities area. Just one point of clarification regarding the price of the modems... from previous comments in the forum I believe the price per month is only for the duration of the contract term and that the modem is owned outright after that, however, that is not clear from the information provided. Could that please be clarified?

Thank you.
The modem is 12 x $5.00 payments or, if you cancel the plan within twelve months then the pro-rata remainder.

if you continue on the plan after 12 monthly payments of $5.00 have been made then the $5.00 charge ends.

oldman

Post by oldman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:42 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
oldman wrote:I see the new 'W' plans are now available in the User Facilities area. Just one point of clarification regarding the price of the modems... from previous comments in the forum I believe the price per month is only for the duration of the contract term and that the modem is owned outright after that, however, that is not clear from the information provided. Could that please be clarified?

Thank you.
The modem is 12 x $5.00 payments or, if you cancel the plan within twelve months then the pro-rata remainder.

if you continue on the plan after 12 monthly payments of $5.00 have been made then the $5.00 charge ends.
Thank you.

oldman

Post by oldman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:55 pm

There is still a problem with changing to one of the new 'W' plans. On the Change Service Plan page the 'W' plans are listed (Naked ADSL2 for me). However, once I click 'Apply' the next page (https://www.exetel.com.au/members/servi ... _adsl2.php) does not have the 'W" plans... only the existing ONx plans.

oblong

Post by oblong » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Vader wrote:Can I have the MicroSIM card because I want to use it on the IPAD ?
You could be brave and trim the standard size SIM!
http://www.johnbenson.net/How_to_Conver ... eaver.html

thalamic

Post by thalamic » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Is fibre expected to be widely available in Sydney soon? This affects whether I should sign a 12-month contract with Optus.

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:01 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:The terms and conditions for the new plan apply.
So, yes, the different peak/off peak periods would apply.
Can you clarify what the WB OA plan is? - its listed under my available plan change options but there's no option to select it.
It looks like a good add on to an exisitng plan

I just moved to Z/20INCTEL and incurred a $10 change of plan fee - so I'm not keen on incurring a further $10 change of plan fee the next month or to lose my 12 hours of "off peak" time - I'm ok with a 12 month contract.

Is there any scope for making the wireless backup service available to me without a completely new plan and lose of the 12 hour period? (you can't blame me for asking :D )