Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:50 pm

ant333 wrote:So, i'm a little confused here.

I'm currently on a ADSL1 Plan that is $55 per month, and gives me 30GB download Peak.

I had a look at the new plans, and there is one that is $55 per month, that gives 36GB Download Peak.

So, if i stay on my plan, it goes up to $60 per month for 30GB peak, or i can move over to a $55 per month for 36GB Peak download?

or do the NEW plans currently on offer go up $5 as well?

You really need to clarify this further.
What would you like clarified?

If you do nothing the plan you are currently on will go up by $5.00 a month from 1st April.

If you change to a new plan using the user facilities you will pay whatever that plan price is.

For some people that may be the same or less.

For other people it will be more.

Alternatively anyone can stay on their current plan but it will be $5.00 a month more.

asidfreak

Post by asidfreak » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Will 'cost of plan change' be waived? Also what will happened to the contract period if I do switch to a new plan (currently on a lapsed contract)? Sorry if these questions sounds a little dumb but they are no fineprint on this page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php

ant333

Post by ant333 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:42 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
ant333 wrote:So, i'm a little confused here.

I'm currently on a ADSL1 Plan that is $55 per month, and gives me 30GB download Peak.

I had a look at the new plans, and there is one that is $55 per month, that gives 36GB Download Peak.

So, if i stay on my plan, it goes up to $60 per month for 30GB peak, or i can move over to a $55 per month for 36GB Peak download?

What would you like clarified?

If you do nothing the plan you are currently on will go up by $5.00 a month from 1st April.

If you change to a new plan using the user facilities you will pay whatever that plan price is.

For some people that may be the same or less.

For other people it will be more.

Alternatively anyone can stay on their current plan but it will be $5.00 a month more.
Well that clears it up. You can't blame me for being confused!

Upgrade, get 6GB more download, pay the same $$$

or

Don't change anything, pay another $5 more.

I have no idea how this works out to be more profitable for you guys, but so be it.

RichS

Post by RichS » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:15 pm

The only plan I'd be interested in changing to would be a naked one (currently on INC2DSLC), currently this will cost $100 to change over which is more than a new activation. Is this going to change back to a more reasonable figure at some point ?

sable

Post by sable » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:35 pm

RichS wrote:The only plan I'd be interested in changing to would be a naked one (currently on INC2DSLC), currently this will cost $100 to change over which is more than a new activation. Is this going to change back to a more reasonable figure at some point ?
My understanding is that as your current plan includes a phone rental component and income may be generated from the PSTN calls you may make on that phone, Optus consider a change to Naked which has no Optus phone "attached" as a break of contract hence the $100 fee.

RichS

Post by RichS » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:43 pm

sable wrote: My understanding is that as your current plan includes a phone rental component and income may be generated from the PSTN calls you may make on that phone, Optus consider a change to Naked which has no Optus phone "attached" as a break of contract hence the $100 fee.
Well my phone is pretty much never used, and it only costs $60 for a new service so $100 to change over seems a bit off to me and whilst I could be wrong I'm pretty sure it was 0 (or much closer to it ) in the past....

sable

Post by sable » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Optus co not care whether you use the phone or not but they would obviously like you to and earn income from you.

You committed to a 12 month contract inc phone. you are now breaking that contract to have no phone thus there is no potential for Optus to earn income from the phone therefore you have to pay break contract fee $100.

My understanding is that this has always been the case.

Why not change to a current inctel plan until you have served your 12 months and then change to naked?

RichS

Post by RichS » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm YEARS out of contract.... Initial Contract End Date: 2008-01-10

compmatt

Post by compmatt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been a customer for the last 10 years and I am very happy with the service/speed and reliability that you offer.
Any VoIP provider would slug you 5 bucks a month for a DID, or $.25c per SMS. Not you guys.

Just want to say - I understand if you need to increase costs slightly and although it is a bit of a shame everything is going up.
The thing I like about Exetel is the fact that you are honest.

Keep up the good work, try to keep the cost of things down - but all in all, remain a profitable company because I dont want to loose you!

:)

Matt.

HSV Z Clubbie

Post by HSV Z Clubbie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:44 pm

So, i'm a little confused here.

I am the same, nearly

adsl2+ and $55 per month now @ 12gig peak

if I change plans as suggested I get adsl2+ and $55 per month @ 30gig peak

But the email said exetel were losing money, if I do what they say it stays at the same cost but more downloads...

confused here too !!

webgurupc

Post by webgurupc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:52 pm

I am currently on $40/month for 512/128 - 8gb peak and a 54Gb offpeak.
i can choose a $35 /month for 512/128 - 12Gb peak and "no charge" offpeak.

So thats saves me $5 a month gives me more data AND EXETEL SAY THEY ARE LOSING MONEY ON MY CURRENT PLAN.

Now it appears they are giving money away.
Thanks for the heads up and do you guys need a business manager with a head for figures or perhaps someone who is better at form letters/emails?
Seriously though, Great service, Keep it up.

PM

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old Plans

Post by PM » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:53 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:If you downloaded 12 gb peak on the current 8192/384 plan the cost would be slightly lower than you pay today.
Yes, you're correct. I can download 12GB peak for $63 on the NF8192 plan. This means I could download 22GB off peak as well, for a total cost of $68. The same as I now pay for 12/54. Luckily I have rarely (if ever?) gone over 22GB off peak. I will have less available to "play with", but not at the deal breaker stage yet.

Looks like I'll stick around for a while longer, and extend my 3.5 years clocked up so far.

gedm

Post by gedm » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 pm

I can't help but think the Exetel Accountants have made a mistake here. I have been a member for a couple of years and I'm very happy with the service and product. The thing I like most about Exetel is the "user pays" methodology. Typically, if you want a particular service you pay for it. e.g. fax, sms, voip. If you don't want to use the extra stuff you don't have to and you don't pay anything for something you're not going to use.

I was on the INCPHONE A (18GB peak DL for $65 per month). At the time of signing up, the plan included $5 per month of free SMS's from the web. I must point out that when I signed up it was originally allowed only 12GB download but has since been increased with no plan cost increase. A few months ago Exetel stopped providing the $5 per month included SMS's. It was the same sort of email as the current one, "it's costing us money". Fair enough, I can wear that. I did use the full credit (and a bit more) but can live without it. Now, three or months later, once again the statement comes out saying, we need to increase your plan due to losing money. So although, I'm happy on the 18GB peak and 54GB offpeak, I'm now going to pay the same amount as the increased price ($70 per month) and get 30GB peak and 60GB off peak.

In the past I tried to limit most my downloading to the off peak period (7 GB average peak and 13GB average off-peak) now that I have 30GB to play with during Peak time I will be less inclined to wait until off peak to start my larger downloads. If Exetel offered a plan between the NF/22INCTEL and NF/21INCTEL e.g. 15GB peak and 20GB off peak. Wouldn't that be enough to get the big downloaders to pay for the larger plans and allow the non heavy users to pay for what they use?

I have happily changed to the NF/22INCTEL plan now but I think Exetel are getting the raw deal here.

Thanks for the good service and great product.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:30 pm

I have no problems with you raising prices as they are still very reasonable.

But I think you should have stayed with your old method of just removing old plans. In my case it would increase prices more then $5 depending if I went for more quota or less.

Anyway keep up the good work.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:47 pm

It appears to me that Exetel will save money in accounting procedures with this change rather the actual plans.

No big deal, if it streamlines thier effectiveness I don't see a real problem. I just changed from TL-BA to TL-C1, in effect absolutely no change to my quota or cost.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM