Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:26 am

tin wrote:Are the NFs considered new or old for them?
Consider them to be "new" as the NF plans have all the same properties as the Z plans (no frills, no administration charge, 12-12 off-peak) whereas old plans (INCPHONE, ANYPHONE, NONPHONE, INC2DSL, PTL, NAK2) differed in their characteristics as some contained added extras, some had admin charges, some had their off-peaks shifted to 2am-12.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

oblong

Post by oblong » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:53 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
Consider them to be "new" as the NF plans have all the same properties as the Z plans (no frills, no administration charge, 12-12 off-peak) whereas old plans (INCPHONE, ANYPHONE, NONPHONE, INC2DSL, PTL, NAK2) differed in their characteristics as some contained added extras, some had admin charges, some had their off-peaks shifted to 2am-12.
Corey,

Thanks for that clarification. I think a lot of confusion could have been avoided if the plans involved had been listed like that in the initial posting.

Steves

Post by Steves » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:07 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
The problem here is that Exetel have stated several times in the past that only plans on offer are current plans and if your plan is not available to sign up to or change to they are considered old, hence I was expecting a $5.00 increase on my (not available anymore) TL-C1, I take it at the moment this is not the case?

Musicinbed

Post by Musicinbed » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Hello, I am on the TL-C3 plan for $65 (I have just been changed over for this month).. I received no email about price increases. The TL-C3 plan is no longer on the website, only the FP-C3.

Will I be hit with a $5 increase or will I stay at $65 a month?

Also on a side note, in the plan details area it still says I will be charged $6 per GB in excess, it should be 50c :).

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Musicinbed wrote:Also on a side note, in the plan details area it still says I will be charged $6 per GB in excess, it should be 50c :).
The $6/GB applies if you elected the shaping option. If you want the standard $0.50/GB (or whatever may apply on your plan) you need to email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to have the shaping overlay removed. Once you do this we can't get it reinstated
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Steves wrote:I was expecting a $5.00 increase on my (not available anymore) TL-C1, I take it at the moment this is not the case?
Musicinbed wrote:I am on the TL-C3 plan for $65 (I have just been changed over for this month).. I received no email about price increases.
The $5 increase only applies to those people who received the email. I am pretty sure (but I may be mistaken) that this only applied to the "grandfathered" plan for users are no longer on contract (that is the 12 months or older plans: INCPHONE, ANYPHONE, NONPHONE, INC2DSL, PTL and NAK2 for ADSL2+ services and TEL plans for ADSL1+ services)

David R

Post by David R » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 am

I expect, now, management is gaining sense of its revision exercise/playing with fire in pushing this raw, undesirable rate increase onto consumers (and I acknowledge JL moving away from potentially absorbing wireless service into DSL service costs as an earlier idea...which might have ameliorated the situation for some), but my concern relates to the question of this increase impacting on competitive plans released merely a season ago/last Summer for "TL-**" ADSL1 subscribers of which I am one.

Assuming FA did not get the post-Christmas forecast/costs botched completely, I doubt Exetel will intend using this adverse/adjustment on the recent streamlined offerings: Being on the (new) TL-C3 for a couple of months, and also having not received this emailed update (yet), I'd hope pricing would remain static over at least the 2nd half/FY10 (6 months minimum).

Failing keeping TL-* price level, Id support some targeted measures which may assist us up to the new supplier/bandwidth renewals.
1) For those who use their data '100%' and also not incur any 'overage', have this subset of TL- users moved on (first) to FP-*
2) For those who use maybe 85+% their data, impose your so called 'GFC' fee ($3.00), provided the fee is temporary to FY10.
Remember.... "[your] ADSL1 customers are very important to [you]", if such measures^ can avoid potential further disruption.

Probably the most sensible adjustment so far is having that 'unlimited1500/256' service moved up $85.00->$110.00/mth which should return stability to the usage graphs over the 4th quarter - as fewer new users will choose that (heightened) price tag for their round-the-clock heavy usage.
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

davidotas

Post by davidotas » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Are we getting free plan changes or no? I'd like to go to FP-C1 now, cos of the 50c per extra gb as opposed to $3. That is my entire question. I understand I'll still be on my old plan otherwise, which would be exactly the same as FP-C1 except I'd be paying more per excess gb, may as well switch over, is it free?

David R

Post by David R » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:52 pm

@davidotas:
1. 50c per extra gb as opposed to $3
From memory the $3 metering applied to older/'TEL-' plans which do incur this new increment to Monthly cost, so +$5.00/mth for FP-C1 which enjoys the 50c per extra gb rate.

2. may as well switch over, is it free?
Referring to your user facilities plan change function switching between ANY ADSL1 services incurs a $10.00 charge atm; so a nice way of accommodating members to downgrade e.g. their 8mbit into less pricey 1.5 services by these temporary/averaged costs.
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

philled

Post by philled » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:09 pm

The following email will be sent to customers who are out of contract on old plans (ie plans not on the current web site) by COB today.
If you have any suggested changes then please suggest them.
Increase Of $5.00 Per Month In Your Current Plan Charge
My plan is called INC2DSLC. I didn't receive the email, but will my monthly charge be going up by $5?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:36 pm

philled wrote:My plan is called INC2DSLC. I didn't receive the email, but will my monthly charge be going up by $5?
I suggest you check your spam mail and also email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to confirm. But since INC2DSL plans are out of contract, I think it is likely that this email was applicable to you.

wurzel

Post by wurzel » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:25 am

James wrote:
wurzel wrote:
I'm currently on TL-BA (1500/256 12GB) and I can switch to the TL-C1 (1500/256 12GB) for the same monthly fee and $0 to change plans. Sounds like I won't be disadvantaged as far as I can tell, unless I've missed something obvious. I guess SMS are still just 5c each?
Yep SMS 5c.
I go to change plans and suddenly there's that $10 plan change plus an increase of $5 for the new plan I was going to change to - (and conveniently no hint fron James that it was also going to increase when I mentioned the one I was looking at.)

I may as well just wait a bit longer because God knows how many more plan changes Exetel will make before the end of the month... :?
gedm wrote:Do you expect I will have to change again next month because the plan no longer exists?
James wrote:don't be so cynical.
:lol: Yes that would never hap... Oh, wait. Never mind.

SR

Post by SR » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:34 pm

I only recently changed to 1500/256 TL-BA this year BECAUSE I can't get ADSL2 from my pitiful exchange, and I live almost 5k's from it as well.

So as much as I would like an option to move to ADSL2 with exetel, I don't get that choice.... the 1500/256 was the best other option. And now the web page also indicates that users will be charged $10 to move to another plan that they will be be forced to change to anyway?

that's a bit rich guys - at least have the decency to waive the $10 change fee for your loyal customers who HAVE to change plans! :evil: :x

ScottH2155

Post by ScottH2155 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:13 pm

OK, I'm now very confused, I got this e-mail, but really didn't think it was for me. How can I tell?

I ask, because I got another similar e-mail the week before. Similar in that it was e-mailed to me specifically, had my name in it and my service number. It said if I wanted to get faster broadband at a cheaper rate, then I would follow a link to apply. See the e-mail I received had no "caveats or conditions" it simply stated "cheaper"/"quicker" click here. So I did. Then got the old you can't have DSL2 because of Telstra response. Then I challenged it and got the old "ohhh, it was the system that sent you the e-mail" response.

So if that e-mail was wrong, then how do I know this e-mail is right and relevant to me?

Confused....!!! :shock:

I have sent my previous issue to the suggestion box last week, am awaiting an update....

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

ScottH2155 wrote:So if that e-mail was wrong, then how do I know this e-mail is right and relevant to me?
What plan are you currently on?