Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
vkrickles

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by vkrickles » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Exetel I think your timing in managing this price change leaves a lot to be desired.
It would have been better to update your ADSL plan pricing the day before emailing old customers about the $5 increase.
Many like myself considered our future options after receiving the email, only to find 24 hours later that the options had all changed.
Very poor planning Exetel ... it only adds insult to injury! And James you ask people ..."not to be cynical"!

Exetel you have been a great company, provided very competitive services, but your administrative planning is not always up to scratch.
I have signed up a few new customers to Exetel recently and done the installation for them and in each case the email giving installation details left out important
information ie. usernames and passwords. I know how Exetel determines these, so it was not a problem, but left to their own devices, customers would have been confused.
Contacted Exetel to advise them of this issue, but nothing happened!

Having been with Exetel for 5 years I am now considering my options.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:22 pm

billmack wrote:I was sent an email on the 4th of march saying I would have to change my plan fromTELD to a new plan or I would have to pay an extra $5 per month. I logged in straight away and elected to change to the TL-B plan for $35 per month. I received an email confirming I had changed to the TL-B plan on the 4th of March.
Today (5th of March 2010) I logged in to Exetel and saw that the plans have been changed again and there is no sign of the TL-B plan.
I want to know if I am going to be on the TL-B plan paying $35 or am I going to be put on some plan I didn't ask for and pay extra?
Bill
You get whatever you ordered. You will never get automatically assigned to a plan that you did not ask for unless it is equal or superior in every aspect (speed, quota, excess charges, off-peak interval, etc)
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

kiwigene

Post by kiwigene » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:32 pm

So are the NF plans considered "old" or are they "new" (but just not as new as the "new new Z" plans?

Pretty much I want to know if I'm going to get another $5 increase, since I was on an NF plan?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Yes - if you got an email to say so.
No - if you didn't (provided your contact email address is current)

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

shapingsucks

Post by shapingsucks » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Paying $88 for my TELO plan is a little out of my budget, I would be happy to downgrade except that seems to be impossible as the only 8mbit plan is $90 :(

I dont really want to churn as I have nothing to complain about service wise and I need a static IP, but I'm running out of options here. Any ideas?

PsychoChicken

Post by PsychoChicken » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Currently on INCPHONE B

So if I log on to my account and go here:

https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php

and go to Apply for:

Z/22INCTEL

will I lose my internet connection or is it Automatically switched over without any down time?

Is everything still the same (eg. Static IP .. etc.)... ?

TIA :)

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:07 pm

PsychoChicken wrote:.

Currently on INCPHONE B

So if I log on to my account and go here:

https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php

and go to Apply for:

Z/22INCTEL

will I lose my internet connection or is it Automatically switched over without any down time?

Is everything still the same (eg. Static IP .. etc.)... ?

TIA :)

Hi PC,

Everything would stay the same, it is just a billing change.

James

Newb1e

Post by Newb1e » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:49 pm

James wrote: Hi PC,

Everything would stay the same, it is just a billing change.

James
Can you please reply to the question "Are there any plans for an alternative 8k plan other than the one currently offered?" I've opened a ticket and posted everywhere I can see to try to get an answer. I just want to know if Exetel want my lame little $75 or something a month. Might not be important to them but it is to me, as I have to find an alternative.
I'm not a whinger although it may seem like it atm but offer an alternative and you will get my money for the next 3 years without hearing from me again, no doubt. It's the first thread I've ever posted in and my first concern with my service/pricing.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Newb1e wrote: Can you please reply to the question "Are there any plans for an alternative 8k plan other than the one currently offered?"
No. The only plans offered are the plans that are on the website (or alternatively in your Member facilities).
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

cher

Post by cher » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:13 pm

jokiin wrote:
cher wrote:
What I want to ask is, are all advertised plans going up $5 per month? I'm looking at all the NOTEL plans and they are currently $40/45/55/60 per month. Will they all go up $5 on 1/4?

Cher
no, it only applies to old plans that have been discontinued
I asked the above question yesterday and the answer was a straight out lie. Maybe the answer should have been, "NO, ONLY SOME OF THEM ARE GOING UP AND THAT WILL BE BEFORE THE 1/4. Because those plans are now $45/50/60/65.

shapingsucks

Post by shapingsucks » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:46 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
Newb1e wrote: Can you please reply to the question "Are there any plans for an alternative 8k plan other than the one currently offered?"
No. The only plans offered are the plans that are on the website (or alternatively in your Member facilities).
Then I have no other option but to churn :(

No other way to work something out?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:52 pm

cher wrote:
jokiin wrote:
cher wrote:
What I want to ask is, are all advertised plans going up $5 per month? I'm looking at all the NOTEL plans and they are currently $40/45/55/60 per month. Will they all go up $5 on 1/4?

Cher
no, it only applies to old plans that have been discontinued
I asked the above question yesterday and the answer was a straight out lie. Maybe the answer should have been, "NO, ONLY SOME OF THEM ARE GOING UP AND THAT WILL BE BEFORE THE 1/4. Because those plans are now $45/50/60/65.
Since it was a volunteer (fellow customer) admin who provided that answer, the answer was not a "straight out lie" as you so nicely put it - it was an answer given in good faith based on knowledge at the time. I suggest you keep such comments to yourself in the future. Annoyance does not excuse outright rudeness.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Gidget wrote:I suggest you keep such comments to yourself in the future. Annoyance does not excuse outright rudeness.

Gidget
I agree, though maybe there should be more involvement from actual Exetel staff answering these questions officially, which seems lacking of late.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Gidget wrote:
cher wrote: I asked the above question yesterday and the answer was a straight out lie. Maybe the answer should have been, "NO, ONLY SOME OF THEM ARE GOING UP AND THAT WILL BE BEFORE THE 1/4. Because those plans are now $45/50/60/65.
Since it was a volunteer (fellow customer) admin who provided that answer, the answer was not a "straight out lie" as you so nicely put it - it was an answer given in good faith based on knowledge at the time. I suggest you keep such comments to yourself in the future. Annoyance does not excuse outright rudeness.

Gidget

Thanks Gidget

At the time of writing what I posted was what I knew, there have been some further adjustments since that I wasn't aware were coming (I'm just a customer too, as mentioned), I am not a liar but I'm not psychic either ;)

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:07 pm

Old Flame wrote:
Gidget wrote:I suggest you keep such comments to yourself in the future. Annoyance does not excuse outright rudeness.

Gidget
I agree, though maybe there should be more involvement from actual Exetel staff answering these questions officially, which seems lacking of late.
to be fair this is not an official support channel and most of the staff are not on here all that often and ones that are often do so in their own time

there is a disclaimer at the top of every page "Statements made on this forum do not constitute any "official" Exetel position." for good reason, if you want it official either email the relevant department or open a support ticket and get your reply in writing, there is still a lot of good info to be had here and plenty of help on offer for those that need it though