Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by jokiin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:39 pm

seagrass wrote:
James wrote:
seagrass wrote:Is this the REAL reason that the plans are increasing, and some by $30 per month?

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/communicat ... 010_fea_l2

As a long term Exetel customer I am not happy to have my plan increased by $30 per month to fund a court case!

"Still not happy Jan"
I think you'll find that isn't the case.
Say what you want James but this is certainly what it looks like to us "Customers" who pay your wages and have made Exetel the company it is today
I did four plan changes, one stayed the same price, two were $5 cheaper and one was $30 a month cheaper, not sure how that's going to fund a legal battle, sure this isn't the case for the 8k/384 plans but they're by no means a majority, you have the option to stay with exactly the plan you have now for $5 a month extra don't you, you don't have to choose the new plan for $30 more?

Mutha

Post by Mutha » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Perhaps JL should be spending more time concentrating on his customers genuine concerns than rambling in his blog :wink: No offense intended whatsoever but I am contributing to his personal income each month!

After 11 pages of this thread & 7 odd in the other, it is still confusing as to what is going on.

Is it possible to publish a list (similar layout to the 'change plan' options in user facilities) of exactly what all the 'now redundant' plans are and the new options? New options being based on no sudden overnight changes & in-line with at least 6 months of Exetel's forecasts.

Acknowledge it may be a very long list, but in the interest of all the customers just trying to simply find out what to do with Exetel, it would save all the "volunteer admins" time in answering individual questions & certainly reduce the pages in a thread that we browse in the hope to find a similar situation to our own.

For example I am on TL-BB (which I changed to so as not to pay admin charges) that retained the 2am to 2pm off peak period (great!) & originally included 100 free voip calls, sms & fax deal etc (since removed).
I just want to simply know what the features & value of the plan I am on is opposed to the new equivalent (which is FP-C2.)

I would wager that 95% of customers don't give a rats about what plan I am on (hence the suggestion), but are searching this forum, (as loosely directed by Exetel) to see what scenario is applicable to them; how they can either improve their value for money or reduce their costs through changing plans or ISP's.

Personally, Exetel is a great ISP but unfortunately 3 of the people I have recommended Exetel to in the last 12 months are now moving ISP's because of this increase process (it's not the $'s). Your customers seem to be confused & more importantly, it is known that only a minority will take the effort to express their views.

IMHO & as in any business, transparency to stakeholders greatly improves retention & subsequent profitability. A basic list of all the old plans & new options would go a long way to determining whether to change, stay or go for a lot Exetel users.

seagrass

Post by seagrass » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:52 pm

I did four plan changes, one stayed the same price, two were $5 cheaper and one was $30 a month cheaper, not sure how that's going to fund a legal battle, sure this isn't the case for the 8k/384 plans but they're by no means a majority, you have the option to stay with exactly the plan you have now for $5 a month extra don't you, you don't have to choose the new plan for $30 more?
Go and check the palns available again now and you may get a very rude shock. The available plans have all changed in the last week or so and this is the current problem. If you made a change when the email first came out you could save some money if you were chose wisely. Now those choices are gone and to make matters worse the only 8192/384 plan is now a $90. What happened to choice and value for money?
seagrass is not seaweed!

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:00 am

seagrass wrote:
Go and check the palns available again now and you may get a very rude shock. The available plans have all changed in the last week or so and this is the current problem. If you made a change when the email first came out you could save some money if you were chose wisely. Now those choices are gone and to make matters worse the only 8192/384 plan is now a $90. What happened to choice and value for money?
yes I know the plans have changed again since, stating that some have increased by $30 a month is misleading, there is one 8k plan which is $30 dearer than the plan some people are on and also includes more download if I'm not mistaken, however they can stay on their existing 8k plan and just pay $5 more, are they being forced to move to this $30 higher cost plan?

Mutha

Post by Mutha » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 pm

The silence (as always) is outstanding :shock:!!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:35 am

What silence Mutha? What question have you raised for which you haven't got the answer for? Would it be your demand to have Exetel prepare a comparison chart for your convenience? While this is a useful *suggestion* there is no imperative for Exetel to comply with it. You already know the features of the plan you are on and the features of the FP-C2 are available at http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_new.php so you can easily do comparisons for yourself.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Mutha

Post by Mutha » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:59 am

wurzel

Post by wurzel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:13 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
wurzel wrote:(It still says "No Charge" for the FP-C1 in the Member facilities even though it says "No Limit = Unlimited" on the Plans page.... Shouldn't they be the same?)
Yes. I've raised it in http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 53#p270553
Still not corrected after 4 days. Maybe it'll be fixed when they change all the plans... again.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:52 pm

What's your point webgurupc? Is your post some cryptic way of saying how you don't agree that your thread was inflammatory and presumptuous?
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

ScottH2155

Post by ScottH2155 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:50 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
ScottH2155 wrote:So if that e-mail was wrong, then how do I know this e-mail is right and relevant to me?
What plan are you currently on?
TELJ.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:34 pm

ScottH2155 wrote:
CoreyPlover wrote:
ScottH2155 wrote:So if that e-mail was wrong, then how do I know this e-mail is right and relevant to me?
What plan are you currently on?
TELJ.
This is a grandfathered plan, so the email is relevant to you.

nictzh

Post by nictzh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi guys,
I've got this notice couple of weeks ago as well. well I certainly don't mind making a change, but I was hoping to change to a new adsl2 plan instead. (im currently under an adsl1 plan); I went to the Change My Service part at the Members facilities page, only to find out that the adsl2 option is not available.

Around the same time, I was offered to switch to an adsl2 plan by the 31st of March, stating:
1. Upgrade your current ADSL1 service to an ADSL2 service of your choice at zero activation cost.
2. No new contract period - you can cancel the service with Exetel at any time
3. A $50.00 credit on your first ADSL2 bill
4. Your phone number doesn't change - but your call costs will almost certainly be much lower

I was wondering why I couldn't change my current plans to an adsl2 one. I would want to change the plan as soon as possible, hopefully before the $5 increase.

Any assistance from the admin would be helpful
Thanks

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:19 pm

nictzh wrote:I was wondering why I couldn't change my current plans to an adsl2 one.
It is possible that neither Optus nor AAPT/Powertel have equipment in your local exchange.

To check if you can get an Optus (including line rental) service, put your phone number in the ADSL2+Phone Service Availablity Check here
http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2_nf_with_phone.pl

To check if you can get an AAPT (you retain your existing telephone service provider) service, put your phone number in the ADSL2 Service Availability Check here
http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2_nf_no_phone.pl

If either/both check shows that you should be able to get an ADSL2 service at your premises, I suggest you email provisioning@exetel.com.au and seek advice as to why the option to change to ADSL2 does not appear in your User Facilities. Be sure to give them your current service/telephone number and you could also include a link to this thread.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Tastech

Post by Tastech » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:02 pm

hi
I notice u have new plans out yesterday for adsl2 inc phone...
I recently changed to the 65 plan which had a 5 dollar increase this month,
i notice the new plan for 65 is similar to what i was on and i was going to change to it, but now i notice a 10 dollar charge.
I think ur message used to say if u were changin line speed there was a charge, but is there now a charge of $10 regardless??

Thing is i was on the new plan for only a month before the 5 dollar increase came thru, now the new plan reflects the plan i was on previous to last month plan?? So if i did nothing i would be on the same dollar amount minus the extra 10 charge if i were to change to the $65 plan