Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Tastech wrote:I think ur message used to say if u were changin line speed there was a charge, but is there now a charge of $10 regardless??
For the moment, yes.
Tastech wrote:Thing is i was on the new plan for only a month before the 5 dollar increase came thru, now the new plan reflects the plan i was on previous to last month plan?? So if i did nothing i would be on the same dollar amount minus the extra 10 charge if i were to change to the $65 plan
Check the name of the plan you were previously on / switched to / currently being offered. If the plan names are the same, then you should get all the same inclusions (I've lost track of plan names since last month but if they were previously designated as "Z/IncTel" plans, your member facilities might already show the unlimited off-peak)
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:16 am

TL-C1, will this go up 5$?
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:59 am

Franpa wrote:TL-C1, will this go up 5$?
I recall one response on this (or another) thread saying that they were on a TL- plan and receive the $5 increase email. Based on this, I'd assume that the answer is yes, but this is just a guess. Email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au or billing@exetel.com.au for an official response.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Yep I get the 5$ increase. We are moving to Kallangur and we used the current phone number for the house we are moving to to check ADSL services and it seems it can get ADSL 2 from various suppliers which is pretty win. (moving in April)
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

Vader

Re: Plan Z/20INCTEL but the Excess download per Gigabyte is $6.0

Post by Vader » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi Forum Admin,

I changed my plan to Z/20INCTEL. But when I checked my plan, it said that the Excess download per Gigabyte is $6.00 instead of the advertised price of $0.75 per GB. Please let me know why. Thanks in advance.

Rex Nebular

Post by Rex Nebular » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:45 pm

It would do that if you ticked shaping when it was available long ago. Changing plans doesn't remove the shaping/$6 option, you have email support to remove it.

Vader

Post by Vader » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:33 pm

I have sent the email to support and ask them to remove my name from the shaping option.
Thank you for your help, Rex.

ant333

Post by ant333 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:49 am

I just ranted here because i looked at the current plans, assumed i was on one (since i changed to the NEW plans two or so weeks ago), and got mad because i was paying an additional $5. But i'm not. Looks like you've changed plan prices multiple times in the past month, which is totally confusing for your customers, and the brief skim over this thread proves this to be the case.

I've had ISP's for years, since 1996, and i've never seen an ISP change plans so much...

So now i'm on a $55 plan, which no longer exists. You guys said i should change plans or pay $5 per month month. It was a no-brainer because i got more download for less.

But then i see you wacked on the $5 extra to that plan, which i'm not on. I'm on the plan i agreed to at the time of the 1st (2nd? 3rd?) announcement of plan changed. I obviously missed the recent one.

Am i OK on my non existent plan? Will it stick? Or will i be asked to migrate up/down/sideways through a cave, fight off bats and sell my grandmother to the devil in another eight days/two weeks/five months?

Seriously Exetel, you're driving everyone crazy. Make up your minds. You're stuffing us around, your customers. It's not a good move.

wolfhunter2

Post by wolfhunter2 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:08 pm

The old plans for their price were much better, now although there's more data, I would have preferred improvements in off-peak speeds... as they are only going to get worse through this "unlimited" plan.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:47 pm

ant333 wrote:Am i OK on my non existent plan? Will it stick? Or will i be asked to migrate up/down/sideways through a cave, fight off bats and sell my grandmother to the devil in another eight days/two weeks/five months?
Perhaps you can try again *without* being sarcastic. You probably have a better chance of getting a response. Or, perhaps your post was rhetorical, in which case it serves no purpose on a support forum and I should delete it.

Or perhaps, you can realise that Exetel are free to make pricing changes as they see fit, so long as they are legal (which they are). At no stage have Exetel changed prices for users in contract without giving a waiver of termination fees and 30 days for them to churn away should they wish. I, for one, appreciate the rapidity of plan changes because in all the history I have been with Exetel, the plan changes have been for the better. While this is not true for 100% of users, based on my involvement in the forums I can confidently say it is for the better of most users.

As always, if Exetel are driving you crazy with plan changes, then you are free to leave at any stage. They give plenty of opportunities for you to churn away without any termination fees.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:50 pm

wolfhunter2 wrote:I would have preferred improvements in off-peak speeds... as they are only going to get worse through this "unlimited" plan.
http://johnl.blogs.exetel.com.au/index. ... ugher.html addresses this somewhat:
1. The "unlimited" ADSL2+ plans are only for existing customers, whose download patterns are already known to Exetel
2. The cost of bandwidth has halved in the last year. It is this that has provided the opportunity for Exetel to offer "unlimited" plans. However, I'm not privy to how bandwidth is managed at the exchange level. BAsed on anecdotal evidence, I assume it is possible for some suburbs to be adversely affected by the increase in demand

Sgtspike

Post by Sgtspike » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:37 am

You guys just lost any competitive edge you had over your competitors.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:29 am

Sgtspike wrote:You guys just lost any competitive edge you had over your competitors.
Care to elaborate?

Competitors still have 24 month contracts in some cases, whereas Exetel have 6 month contracts on all (edit: residential) services (12 months for 8Mbps services and the new "loyalty" unlimited plans). To my knowledge, Exetel continue to have the cheapest rates per GB download allowance on regular plans. They have also introduced "Unlimited" plans that are cheaper than AAPT and TPG and the fact that it only exists as a loyalty bonus, to me is a strong "competitive advantage" as it provides a great service without the risk of saturating bandwidth due to a massive influx of heavy downloaders.

ryanb

Post by ryanb » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:03 pm

CoreyPlover wrote: Competitors still have 24 month contracts in some cases, whereas Exetel have 6 month contracts on all services .
No. Business Grade ADSL.

Sgtspike

Post by Sgtspike » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:05 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
Sgtspike wrote:You guys just lost any competitive edge you had over your competitors.
Care to elaborate?

Competitors still have 24 month contracts in some cases, whereas Exetel have 6 month contracts on all (edit: residential) services (12 months for 8Mbps services and the new "loyalty" unlimited plans). To my knowledge, Exetel continue to have the cheapest rates per GB download allowance on regular plans. They have also introduced "Unlimited" plans that are cheaper than AAPT and TPG and the fact that it only exists as a loyalty bonus, to me is a strong "competitive advantage" as it provides a great service without the risk of saturating bandwidth due to a massive influx of heavy downloaders.
Well, FYI I am stuck on a 12 month contract and that to me is merely secondary. My main concern were the costs associated with this. TPG are providing 6 months contracts

Anyway...I have appreciated the service that exetel has provided which is one of the reason why I chose to do business with you rather than your competitors.

However, this $5.00 increase puts you in danger area. How? You have a potential of losing customers as now, TPG/AAPT are providing better value for money deals. Exetel is still great in terms of value but you guys have slipped.

Lets do the comparison for Naked ADSL2+...

TPG
These are what they are providing for $59.99 as apposed to exetel charging 65.00 on top of the surcharge some of us get charged paying you via Credit card.
[*]up to FREE 500 VoIP Minutes per month+
[*]10c flat rate Australia wide. International rates from 1.99c/min. Click here to view VoIP call rates.
[*]130 Gig allowance((70GB+60GB) Consists of peak (8am - 2am) and off peak (2am - 8am) monthly usage quota
[*]1Mb/s Shaping speed
[*]No excess download charges

Compared to Exetel
[*]$65.00 for naked ADSL2+
[*]70 gbytes(Peak) 60 gbytes(offpeak) - Excess Usage charge .50 cents per gig
[*]$0.10 per call for national and local calls

The only place where Exetel shines over TPG is over the mobile charges and the peak and offpeak period. But seeing how things have been going lately, I think they are going to change shortly.

My main concern is the excess charge. If exetel could impose a similar where you guys shape the bandwidth to say 512 then you are back great and do have a bright future. Your customers are your biggest assets.

Now tell me just looking at that, you would feel that TPG are providing better value for money.