Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Locked
James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1989
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by James » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:47 pm

HSV Z Clubbie wrote:
So, i'm a little confused here.

I'm currently on a ADSL1 Plan that is $55 per month, and gives me 30GB download Peak.

I had a look at the new plans, and there is one that is $55 per month, that gives 36GB Download Peak.

So, if i stay on my plan, it goes up to $60 per month for 30GB peak, or i can move over to a $55 per month for 36GB Peak download?

or do the NEW plans currently on offer go up $5 as well?

You really need to clarify this further.
I am the same, nearly

adsl2+ and $55 per month now @ 12gig peak

if I change plans as suggested I get adsl2+ and $55 per month @ 30gig peak

But the email said exetel were losing money, if I do what they say it stays at the same cost but more downloads...

confused here too !!

It was a generic email to all customers out of contract, you should change to the new plan if that fits your downloading habits.

lkml2000
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:31 pm

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by lkml2000 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 pm

HSV Z Clubbie wrote:
So, i'm a little confused here.

I'm currently on a ADSL1 Plan that is $55 per month, and gives me 30GB download Peak.

I had a look at the new plans, and there is one that is $55 per month, that gives 36GB Download Peak.

So, if i stay on my plan, it goes up to $60 per month for 30GB peak, or i can move over to a $55 per month for 36GB Peak download?

or do the NEW plans currently on offer go up $5 as well?

You really need to clarify this further.
I am the same, nearly

adsl2+ and $55 per month now @ 12gig peak

if I change plans as suggested I get adsl2+ and $55 per month @ 30gig peak

But the email said exetel were losing money, if I do what they say it stays at the same cost but more downloads...

confused here too !!
From exetel's calculation, it is the "AVERAGE" profit per user of "those old plans together" that losing money. I guess some old plan may be better than the average. But it would be more logical to raise all at the same time.

One thing they can do is to increase 10 or 20 dollars for those plans that losing the most, but I think that would cause more objection from those who are affected.

I think exetel is trying all they can to minimize the impact and they have to make profit to survive and give us this low cost ISP service.

If you find that switching to another plan cost you less, go for it.....

I'll stay as it is still much better than other ISP.. keep the good work... :-)

AT
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: Wagga Wagga

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by AT » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:19 pm

With the $5 increase, does the $3 admin fee still apply?
Looking at moving to NF/8192 for $60. It going to cost me $60 or $63 a month? Or will this price change too to $65/month.

User avatar
vk3xem
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: HEALESVILLE
Contact:

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by vk3xem » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:26 pm

AT wrote:With the $5 increase, does the $3 admin fee still apply?
Looking at moving to NF/8192 for $60. It going to cost me $60 or $63 a month? Or will this price change too to $65/month.
There is NO Admin fee on any current plan, where did you get that dumb idea from? The cost is what is on the plan page, nothing more!!!!
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

User avatar
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by jokiin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:49 pm

I just put in the requests to update 4 different plans, one is now the same is the old cost, two are $5 cheaper and one was $30 a month cheaper, yeah this price rise is a good thing as it prompted some people to look at what they're paying and to realise that the offers have improved in the last few years

trissy
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: Newcastle, NSW

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by trissy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 pm

vk3xem wrote:
AT wrote:With the $5 increase, does the $3 admin fee still apply?
Looking at moving to NF/8192 for $60. It going to cost me $60 or $63 a month? Or will this price change too to $65/month.
There is NO Admin fee on any current plan, where did you get that dumb idea from? The cost is what is on the plan page, nothing more!!!!
But there is on the old Plans.
The question was, for those who are currently paying the $3 admin fee, will this continue to be charged?
Tristan.

tin
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Northwest NSW
Contact:

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by tin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:36 pm

One question I have... Is there a limit to how far the excess usage can go before you get asked to leave? Or is it a case of 50c per MB for as far as you like?
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

cher
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Geelong

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by cher » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:36 pm

My plan is really going up $10, the $5 as mentioned here as well as it will cost me $5 extra if I want to keep my 100 included VOIP calls.

I'm not particularly bothered because my partner is moving in so I'll probably have to change plans anyway (so it's good there is presently no cost to change plans). I've never had any problems with Exetel, speed or service, so I have no reason to change providers, I moved to Exetel because they had Naked DSL in my area.

What I want to ask is, are all advertised plans going up $5 per month? I'm looking at all the NOTEL plans and they are currently $40/45/55/60 per month. Will they all go up $5 on 1/4?

Cher

cher
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Geelong

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by cher » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 pm

trissy wrote:
vk3xem wrote:
AT wrote:With the $5 increase, does the $3 admin fee still apply?
Looking at moving to NF/8192 for $60. It going to cost me $60 or $63 a month? Or will this price change too to $65/month.
There is NO Admin fee on any current plan, where did you get that dumb idea from? The cost is what is on the plan page, nothing more!!!!
But there is on the old Plans.
The question was, for those who are currently paying the $3 admin fee, will this continue to be charged?
That is news to me, I thought everyone paid the $3 admin fee, so is it only people on older plans who pay this??

PM
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: Hobart

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by PM » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:39 am

cher wrote:That is news to me, I thought everyone paid the $3 admin fee, so is it only people on older plans who pay this??
Correct.

PM
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: Hobart

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by PM » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:49 am

lkml2000 wrote:One thing they can do is to increase 10 or 20 dollars for those plans that losing the most, but I think that would cause more objection from those who are affected.
Too right it would cause objection!
All ADSL1 services cost Exetel more than ADSL2. Some plans apparently run close to (or worse than) zero profit.
I guess ADSL2 users may be subsidising some ADSL1 users. Likely those on 8192 plans. I don't see an issue with that. If I had a choice I would jump to ADSL2. If Naked were available, I would likely go that way as well.

I and thousands of others don't have a choice if we want to stay with Exetel.

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1989
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by James » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:56 am

tin wrote:One question I have... Is there a limit to how far the excess usage can go before you get asked to leave? Or is it a case of 50c per MB for as far as you like?
Well, if it was 50c per MB, I wouldn't want you to leave! But that's a rip off, however 50c per GB is far more reasonable and you can download as much as you like.

User avatar
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by jokiin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:00 am

cher wrote:
What I want to ask is, are all advertised plans going up $5 per month? I'm looking at all the NOTEL plans and they are currently $40/45/55/60 per month. Will they all go up $5 on 1/4?

Cher
no, it only applies to old plans that have been discontinued

wurzel
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Earth

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by wurzel » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:33 am

"As you probably know your plan has not been offered by Exetel for some considerable time now "

I only switched to my plan three months ago, and I thought it was a "new" plan then. :lol: Guess not.

I'm currently on TL-BA (1500/256 12GB) and I can switch to the TL-C1 (1500/256 12GB) for the same monthly fee and $0 to change plans. Sounds like I won't be disadvantaged as far as I can tell, unless I've missed something obvious. I guess SMS are still just 5c each?

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1989
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by James » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:52 am

wurzel wrote:"As you probably know your plan has not been offered by Exetel for some considerable time now "

I only switched to my plan three months ago, and I thought it was a "new" plan then. :lol: Guess not.

I'm currently on TL-BA (1500/256 12GB) and I can switch to the TL-C1 (1500/256 12GB) for the same monthly fee and $0 to change plans. Sounds like I won't be disadvantaged as far as I can tell, unless I've missed something obvious. I guess SMS are still just 5c each?
Yep SMS 5c.

Locked