Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
autron

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by autron » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:07 pm

What the ? I decided to bite the bullet and change to the NF plan and it disappeared right in front of me when I clicked apply and became a more expensive Z plan.

tin

Post by tin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:21 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:Homeline Budget, though most people aren't anymore.
Eligible people are anyone who asks, and doesn't want ADSL from someone other than Telstra.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

tin

Post by tin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:23 pm

autron wrote:What the ? I decided to bite the bullet and change to the NF plan and it disappeared right in front of me when I clicked apply and became a more expensive Z plan.
What the F*&K? Are the NF plans going to get the $5 a month extra now too?

What the hell is going on?

Edit: We just changed to an NF today, so I'm going to be unimpressed if I now have to do the research again!
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

vkrickles

Post by vkrickles » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:55 pm

I previous comments to date, including my own, on the $5 increase are now academic considering Exetel has raised the price of all its ADSL plans.
The $5 increase on old ADSL plans now makes some sense to me, in light of the new pricing.
I retract my cynical earlier comment about Exetel making a quick buck from "change fees".

Brad54

Post by Brad54 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:23 pm

tin wrote:
autron wrote:What the ? I decided to bite the bullet and change to the NF plan and it disappeared right in front of me when I clicked apply and became a more expensive Z plan.

Edit: We just changed to an NF today, so I'm going to be unimpressed if I now have to do the research again!
Yeah what's the deal?! :(

I got the email from Exetel, checked the other plans and found one i really liked.
I was going to make the switch from an old $85 (now $90) per month 8.2M connection to the NF plan for 8.2M 6 GIG limit, $0.50 per gig after limit, for $60 per month.
I was going to come home from work discuss with the family the plan i had chosen and swap tonight...

i come home and log in to change plan only to find that now the ONLY 8.2M connection plan Exetel has is a Z plan for $90 per month!!! plus it has a plan change fee of $10 even though its the same speed...

This changed within the last few hours as I checked all these plans earlier today.

I have been with exetel for almost 4 years and had never even thought of changing, i loved Exetel and had recommended it to all of my friends.
But now that theres so little choice with only 1 high speed plan i dont know what to do. :?

Am i able to go to the plan i was set on or have i now missed out and will be "Forced" to pay the $90 each month for an 8.2M speed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Strat

Post by Strat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:50 pm

We went through this when you changed your 100 free voip plan at the start of the year. The plan change price went up and down like a yoyo, plans seem to change prices every other day on exetel.

It's like playing the stock market.

Long time member but I'm going to shop around for someone else. Sure it's an inconvenience but when you jack my price up and then tell me to suck it up or change plans and pay a fee to do so.... Well it's bullshit plain and simple...

I'm sure if I wait another month the plan change fee will adjust again, but I'm getting a bit sick of all of this. Lets see if I can find an ISP that doesn't switch and change every few hours.

EDIT: Can we please get an answer regarding the $3 admin fee. Will that be scraped? Will help decide if I stay or go.

I'm a bit shocked to find out it's only applicable to old customers.... A loyalty fee perhaps?
Last edited by Strat on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:55 pm

tin wrote:

If you made the change, it will go through as you ordered.

autron

Post by autron » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:03 pm

James wrote:
I clicked the apply on an NF plan and on the next page it became a Z plan.

How about some warning? Talk about bait and switch. That's what it literally was.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:13 pm

autron wrote:
James wrote:
I clicked the apply on an NF plan and on the next page it became a Z plan.

How about some warning? Talk about bait and switch. That's what it literally was.
The change was probably being made at the same time as you were ordering it.

gedm

Post by gedm » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:32 pm

James wrote: If you made the change, it will go through as you ordered.
James can you please confirm your statement above. Does that refer to
a) the no charge for the $10 change fee as it was no charge yesterday and
b) I ordered the NF/22INCTEL ($70) plan last night (which no longer exists as a plan today), I will still get the NF/22INCTEL plan next month
c) Do you expect I will have to change again next month because the plan no longer exists?

Thanks

PM

Post by PM » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:19 pm

PM wrote:
lkml2000 wrote:One thing they can do is to increase 10 or 20 dollars for those plans that losing the most, but I think that would cause more objection from those who are affected.
Too right it would cause objection!
All ADSL1 services cost Exetel more than ADSL2. Some plans apparently run close to (or worse than) zero profit.
I guess ADSL2 users may be subsidising some ADSL1 users. Likely those on 8192 plans. I don't see an issue with that. If I had a choice I would jump to ADSL2. If Naked were available, I would likely go that way as well.

I and thousands of others don't have a choice if we want to stay with Exetel.
WTF is going on, I received an email Wednesday regarding the $5 increase. I carefully decided that next to my current 12/54 8192 plan the only one on offer in the 8192 speed, the 6/12 8192 with 50c/GB excess would just meet my requirements.

Now I see that the only 8192 plan on offer is a $90/month 50/50GB plan with a $10 plan change charge.

Is it just me, or is this unethical? Why wern't we given till 1'st april to change to one of the plans available when we were first officially informed of the change?

If the 6/12GB (or similar) plan for $60 doesn't return, then I'm out of here. No way am I going to pay $90 a month.

I have been a HUGE fan of this ISP for 3.5 years and what I thought were great ethics. Heck, was I really that wrong?

vbap

Post by vbap » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:25 pm

Hmm, something bizarre certainly going on, perhaps along the lines of what happened last month in that plan change fees are being used as a way to "manage" the flow of change requests.

The price increase for these "Z" plans is certainly a new trick. Interesting to see how this pans out over the next week or so, can only assume the programmers are working over-time keeping up with these changes themselves.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 pm

gedm wrote:
James wrote: If you made the change, it will go through as you ordered.
James can you please confirm your statement above. Does that refer to
a) the no charge for the $10 change fee as it was no charge yesterday and
b) I ordered the NF/22INCTEL ($70) plan last night (which no longer exists as a plan today), I will still get the NF/22INCTEL plan next month
c) Do you expect I will have to change again next month because the plan no longer exists?

Thanks
a. if you ordered it yesterday and there was no fee at the time you won't be charged a fee.
b. if you ordered it yesterday, you would get what you ordered.
c. don't be so cynical.

memc

Post by memc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:17 am

James wrote: a. if you ordered it yesterday and there was no fee at the time you won't be charged a fee.
b. if you ordered it yesterday, you would get what you ordered.
c. don't be so cynical.
I changed plans not too long ago but the plan changed the next day. I wasn't able to get what I signed up for and had to go on the newer plan.

Newb1e

Post by Newb1e » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:23 am

Well first time poster here in the 3+ years I've been with Exetel, I've been a huge supporter. I have signed up all of my family with Exetel any friends that will listen and had no complaints.
I love the extra services they offer and use VOIP and SMS.
Yesterday I received my notice that there was to be the $5 a month increase, and because over the time my usage has dropped dramatically I couldn't justify paying more when I wasn't even coming close to using my current data. I went and researched Exetel's plans and decided on the NF/8192 plan, as had the in-laws.
So tonight I go to change the plans over to the new ones and realise that they are no longer available. Now I'm not a heavy user any more but I like to have the speed of a 8K connection. My only options now with Exetel are to pay either $80 a month on TELN or $90 a month to download my approx average of 7GB a month. :(
I would like Exetel to consider introducing a "low usage 8192 plan" if possible or at least let us select the NF/8192 plan that was there yesterday (I don't mind the extra $10 change of plan you sneaked in there just the plans themselves worry me :P ). Right now I'm P**sed right off mainly with myself for being so slow and not selecting the plans yesterday.

Anyway If anyone does listen to the forums I would like to stay with Exetel but I can't afford/justify the new 8K plan. Can someone let me know if a new plan will be introduced or not in the next week or so or am I changing ISP :cry: Check out my account anyone that's listening from Exetel I'm sure you have the IP you can match up with my account and you will notice I was one of he users who was "profitable" and propping up the high usage users.

Regards :?