Re: ADSL2 Unlimited Plans (For Exetel Users Only)

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
play4fun

Post by play4fun » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:49 am

It seems to me that
TPG $50 130gb (70gb/8am-2am + 60gb/2am-8am) with
$11 home phone line rental, which included $10 of calls is a better deal,
as it costs total $61 and has $10 of calls included.

And it is available to anyone, most importantly.
$61 for 130gb including $10 calling credit is even better than Naked ADSL2+.

Just my 2 cents (ok, maybe 3c), you get the point.

Edit: When is this plan expected to be released? I saw a similar post on whirlpool forums from TPG $75 for unlimited ADSL2+ to be released "soon"

slix_88

Post by slix_88 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:55 am

Having been a member of exetel for many years now, I would like to welcome the plan on offer. It will definitely provide a competitive edge for other ISPs. I have rarely had issues with exetel and I hope these plans won't have a drastic impact on traffic issues. The only concern I have would be with the download traffic, and whether exetel will be able to provide adequate speed (same as current speed) to all its members. Unlimited = download hoarders = traffic speed uptake = slower speed for moderate users.

slix_88

Post by slix_88 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:01 am

vbap wrote:Exetel only needs to offer unlimited to loyal customers with children...(with bonus extra unlimited if you have grandchildren)

Maybe we need a one child policy in Australia to help save the internet.
If anything, we need to have a standard minimum of 2 child policy. Stuff the internet, our countries TFR (Total Fertility Rate) is currently at about 1.7 which is quite bad. If you look at the age distribution chart of residents, it's balooning out in the 40-50 age range when it's meant to have more of a pyramid shape. This means that my generation (gen Y) will have to be burdened by all the baby-boomers who don't have sufficient provisions to provide for their retirement. Screw the internet and make more babies! Btw, I'm mentioning this since I'm a very concerned qualifying Actuary.

trev12

Post by trev12 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:25 am

i think its great that exetel will offer unlimited downloads my only concern is the wording of invitation to loyal customers i can see this causing trouble because some will be disappionted thinking they are loyal but didnt get the offer also lots have said naked well not all can have nakid asdl so why should the loyal ones that dont have it suffer if it going to be offer it should be offer across the board

giesse

Post by giesse » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:16 am

Sorry if this has been said/asked before - I can't be sure as I really don't have time right now to read through 10 pages of posts.

My situation is this:

1 - I am an Exetel agent.
2 - I have been with Exetel for a few years now and wouldn't use anyone else. I have changed house a couple of times and we are about to move again - and, of course, will be connecting with Exetel.

Given that I have been, am, and will continue to be a "loyal Exetel customer", I would think I would qualify for this unlimited plan, but since moving to a new house entails connecting a new service, it sounds like the plan wouldn't apply to me - which seems a little unfair.

Would the "loyal Exetel customer" rule be based on the current connection, or the history of being with Exetel for some years?

colostomy bag

Post by colostomy bag » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:33 am

The offer would only be made to out of contract ADSL1 and ADSL 2 customers who have been with Exetel for over 12 months.

I'd take it but the problem is the quote above. I have been with Exetel for 4 years but after pestering for years only recently got ASDL2+. Therefore I'm on a new contract with 9 months to go and am not elligible for the unlimited.

I should not be punished for waiting for something I should have had years ago ie: whether you are on a contract or not should not matter IT IS WHETHER YOU HAVE BEEN WITH EXETEL FOR 12 MONTHS OR MORE..you need a rule change here

Thanks

Craig M

Post by Craig M » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am

As a user who regularly notices some serious drop in speeds during peak hours, I can only imagine what would happen once we get a bunch of 24/7 downloaders going through here. I'm assuming the network is thought to be solid enough to handle the load and I certainly hope so, but history tells me that I shouldn't expect so.

Unlimited doesn't interest me at all and I've been with Exetel for 20 months now....but this might be reason enough for me to jump ship and leave.

Yuri

Post by Yuri » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:37 am

I'm certainly interested in this offer: I have two ADSL accounts with Exetel, one at home, one at work. One is ADSL1 and I've not been able to upgrade to ADSL2 as the line is one of a number of incoming lines in rotary, so I'm certainly going to upgrade to the $55 BYO line if/when I get an invite. Likewise my ADSL2 plan is an obsolete "INC2DSLC" plan which is already $75 per month, so I'll switch that one as well.

Just not having to click on the XTLUsageMeter all the time to check how peak downloads are going for the month would be a bonus for me.

dtn22

Post by dtn22 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:47 am

Nope, i'm not falling for this offer until Exetel can guaranty they will stick to their words and dont made any changes during the contract. As we all aware the last time when Exetel scraped all the freebies to SMS,FAX and free VOIPs to one of the older plan. I signed up thinking i will get the same service for 12 months but halfway through my contract the plan had been changed and i have to stuck with it or leave. So im not gonna spend $15 more to sign up for another 12months contract when there is a possibility that i will pay more for less services.

nylon

Post by nylon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:52 am

I'm naked :mrgreen: , but I assume I could go for the $55 BYO phone plan and ignore the phone bit altogether?
I like the idea of 'unlimited', unless it comes with reduced speed.

nick1234

Post by nick1234 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:55 am

I don't imagine it would increase downloads all that significantly, but I would expect it to shift a lot of downloads that are currently done in off-peak into peak since people wouldn't have to worry about going over their peak limit. And when that happens, I foresee an email in my inbox from Exetel explaining that because this is happening the offer is being revoked or a new acceptable use clause is being attached to it. It would be worth it if there was a major benefit, but apart from a little goodwill I don't see what it is. Since it is only for "loyal customers" it doesn't exactly help to attract new customers. The current quotas and peak/off-peak splits obviously work for people, otherwise they wouldn't be on those plans.

I am paying $75 for 30/60 + phone line and I am happy to stay on that.

antoniov

Post by antoniov » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:04 am

I now understand why some say that relocating can be extremely stressful.
Not only do you have to sell your-self to Real estate agents; as if you are applying for a job - they have it so good that their lease homes are open for inspection for 10minutes in Melbourne.
Now to complicate things and make it more difficult I have to investigate the communication system of my new location, and factor in exetel terms before choosing a home to lease. Is the xchange an AAPT? Does it have optus? Can I get ADSL2 ? Can I get naked dsl ? After several years in the one location with exetel, it appears that if I relocate I am not a loyal customer ?
I think I will make life easier and get a relaxing job as a brickies labourer. :lol:

draconite

Post by draconite » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:09 am

Can you please advise where does the naked DSL in to his offer as i currently on naked DSL paying $65 for 70 peak /offpeak.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:10 am

Rather than reply to several dozen posts the current state of thinking is summed up here:

http://johnl.blogs.exetel.com.au/

chernicr

Post by chernicr » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:14 am

Do it, and I sure hope you, Mr Exetel, are reading this reply.

It's well documented through several studies that business loose customers through a "perceived indifference on the part of the buisness", and you were/are about to loose me.

At the start of March, I got Yet Another "your plan has been discontinued--pick another more expensive and less well featured one..." This is the second, or maybe third time this has been done to me over the years and I am looking at other providers as my perception is that Exetel has not the same loyalty to me that I have shown to them.

I'm going to shout now in shere exaperation.

WHAT IS GOING ONE HERE? THE PROPOSED $75 UNLIMITED PLAN IS LESS THAN THE $80 CAPPED BANDWIDTH PLAN YOU ARE FORCING ME TO TAKE BEFORE MARCH 31 TO STAY WITH EXETEL!!

.rant mode off.

And what happens if I make the MANDATORY PLAN CHANGE by March 31 and you announce the "Loyalty" plan in April, but I'm inelligible because you just forced me to change plans? As another response said. This offer MUST be available to ANY "long time" customer, regardless of their current plan status, and with no plan-change fee. Otherwise, the "indifference" becomes actual and you deserve to loose customers.

You say Exetel is run by engineers, not bean-counters. Proove it. Offer the loyalty plan to any customer who has been with Exetel longer than xx months (12 is fine, longer would be ok too) regardless of where they are in the plan period, and without plan-change charges.

So I think it *could be* a winning idea, applicable to me, timely, and would show you do actually care about retaining your long-time and long suffering customers. But do it right. The government probably thought the home insulation offer was a good idea too.
Last edited by chernicr on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:28 am, edited 7 times in total.