Re: ADSL2 Unlimited Plans (For Exetel Users Only)

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
rahul

Post by rahul » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Voting for naked option as im currently on naked with invitation.cheers exetel

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:36 pm

vbap wrote:I note however that the gap between low included usage vs high/unlimited included usage is narrowing and maybe the inevitable result is that there is only one plan - an unlimited usage plan - where people pay a fixed cost for their ADSL internet access without worrying about usage.
What's interesting is that this is the inverse of what's happening in the US - there are moves to set download limits by a number of US ISPs, and the users are complaining loudly at being forced to limit themselves to, for example, 250GB in a month. This is despite the fact that the average download is around 10GB per month.

I'll see if I can find a link to the original article where I read this.

Q077

Post by Q077 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Yes, definitely devise a Naked version too!

- Many of the power users that would benefit from the downloads are also into the voip scene and getting rid of the anchor of a phone line.

Personally, I'd definitely use it from time to time, but not constantly. It would be great to have a month every now and again where I could do this if i needed something large.

ozblogger

Post by ozblogger » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Another request to have NAKED Unlimited available by invitation too
Going to be out of contract in a couple of months myself

rseydler

Post by rseydler » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:39 pm

FA - No naked?

Ron

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:40 pm

+1 Naked unlimited. Out of contract here.

Surreality

Post by Surreality » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Following the trend... a naked option would be greatly appreciated :)

olibird

Post by olibird » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Klaas wrote: What's interesting is that this is the inverse of what's happening in the US - there are moves to set download limits by a number of US ISPs, and the users are complaining loudly at being forced to limit themselves to, for example, 250GB in a month. This is despite the fact that the average download is around 10GB per month.

I'll see if I can find a link to the original article where I read this.
http://consumerist.com/2010/03/comcast- ... usage.html

manic77

Post by manic77 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:43 pm

i would appreciate unlimited NAKED ADSL2 guys,

thanks for honoring the loyal customers and happy to grow with Exetel family. :)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:45 pm

I think the comment about how such plans will become more necessary over time is definitely true. Streaming video, online web apps, etc all point to increasing quota requirements and there is definitely merit in adopting plans like this earlier rather waiting til than later.

I also think that it is very shrewd of Exetel to include the proviso that you must be a "loyal" customer to access these plans. This alleviates the massive risk that a regular unlimited plan would have: a surge in torrenters and leechers flocking to Exetel and wrecking havoc on bandwidth utilisation.

All-in-all, Exetel has once again addressed what they see as the core problem ("people want an affordable internet service without any risk of excess usage fees"). Previously, the shaping option covered for that contingency but this is a *much* better way forward. I'm thinking it will be fantastic for a loyal Exetel customer to be able to have a standard plan for most of the year, and increase it to an unlimited plan when usage is projected to surge (like when children / grandchildren stay for holidays, etc).
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

uncybob

Post by uncybob » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:47 pm

I love the idea but does it extend to people on a voip plan like me, using naked adsl2?

ManUtdFans

Post by ManUtdFans » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:49 pm

How do I change to this Unlimited Plan?
Any detail on Exetel website?

My plan is NF/22INCTEL, is this a contract plan?
I think I changed to it 3 months ago although I have joined Exetel more than 3 years.

jazzyjames

Post by jazzyjames » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:51 pm

I'm a "loyal Exetel customer", my loyalty has nothing to do with the types of plans that Exetel provides, though they are very good, or the price of plans that Exetel provides, though they are very good. My loyalty comes from the honesty and transparency that Exetel uses in its day to day business, and the fact that I get to talk to real engineers through the forums when I have problems. This notification is a perfect example of the honesty and transparency of Exetel, so thankyou :)

I never use more than 10gb a month so I'm definitely not interested in this plan, however my only concern is the potential impact unlimited plans may have on users that want/need a fast connection for legitimate (as in, legal) internet traffic.

manic77

Post by manic77 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:52 pm

if NAKED plan is not added into UNLIMITED, then all of us will be forced to request to add the OPTUS phone to enjoy this benefit,

isnt it?

AKZam

Post by AKZam » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 pm

ManUtdFans wrote:How do I change to this Unlimited Plan?
Any detail on Exetel website?

My plan is NF/22INCTEL, is this a contract plan?
I think I changed to it 3 months ago although I have joined Exetel more than 3 years.
did you upgrade to this plan, or move house etc and set up a new plan - the NF plans are 12 month plans, so unfortunately you wont be able to get on one as you are within your contract period. i might be wrong though.