Re: ADSL2 Unlimited Plans (For Exetel Users Only)

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:46 am

dbr wrote:
1) ADSL2 (plus telephone line) - $50.00 per month - downloads/uploads @ 50 cents per gb - capped at $A75.00 per month
Does that mean uploads will be counted as well??
It's a consideration.

Vix

Post by Vix » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:28 am

I've been out of contract for about six months now I think, so I'd qualify I assume. I'd see no reason to take up the offer. I'm on the IncPhone22 plan and unless I'm missing something I'm already paying $70/month for 90gb of downloads. So I'd be dumb not to pay $5 extra, especially since I've already managed to wander 5gb/$2.50 over my offpeak data for the month (how I didn't realise I don't know).

Right now the plan I'm on I consider excellent value, but not just because of the price I'm paying. It's excellent value because the service I'm provided is top quality. Speeds are fast and I never have any hassles. However if there was a seperate pool of heavy users I'd much rather stay on the plan I'm on now, or move to the IncPhone23 plan. I'm not interested in any other 'frills' as per the above poster, I just want basic, fast, high quota internet.
Unless I am mistaken your plan will become $75.00 on April 1
-
Think its a great idea to reward loyal customers of which I have been for about 9 years - but what I would really like to see is something in between 5 and 30 gig I used to be on a 12 GIg plan which was great 5 not quite enough but 30 too much I would probably switch to unlimited as it will be the same price as my current plan

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:59 am

Vix wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken your plan will become $75.00 on April 1
-
Think its a great idea to reward loyal customers of which I have been for about 9 years - but what I would really like to see is something in between 5 and 30 gig I used to be on a 12 GIg plan which was great 5 not quite enough but 30 too much I would probably switch to unlimited as it will be the same price as my current plan
There is no time frame for this type of plan yet - we need to contract for much lower prices for the basic elements of the service, or change providers, before such plans can be offered.

brendan

Post by brendan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:49 pm

numptyNiels wrote:
brendan wrote:
numptyNiels wrote:Forgive me if I repeat anyone's sentiment as I've only lazily skipped over admin's replies and stand-out posts.
By that, and I stress the use of 'generous' I mean I would have no issue with an unlimited policy but with an AUP that scared away blatent abusers of the policy - that could be an arbitary cap of some very large amount (based on usage of existing customers) of throughput or some other means of detecting unfair use.
The word "unlimited" has a very uncontroversial meaning, if there is a cap, even large, then it's technically not unlimited, and it shouldn't be called as such. It should just be called by whatever the cap actually is.

p0wer

Post by p0wer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:21 pm

dear mates... I inform to u , I decided to still use the same plan than before, due that is a crap for me, from September of last year , I just got 20 times small velocity than the original plan, my friends too, sorry for exetel, u loose a lot of member soon.

thanks

chanetsa

Post by chanetsa » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:08 pm

I have just upgraded my service with Exetel and am under contract again. I hope that you will give us all the option to move to an unlimited plan without penalty as I would definitely be interested to do so. However, if there are penalties for moving, that would not seem to reward loyalty and I would not do so.

ajboswell

Post by ajboswell » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:50 pm

I'm in. Many years with exetel (with a brief break that only convinced me to come back). While I'm almost always within my limit now, I like the idea of never having to think about it again :D

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:11 pm

How about an unlimited ADSL+ 8mb Plan for those loyal customers who have been with exetel for 5 years, but who are not in an adsl 2 enabled location? :-)
"Life is a game. So cheat!"
"People think i'm weird, but thats okay, because their brains smell like bacon." - Christopher Walken

Muffinguy

Post by Muffinguy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:44 am

Yep sounds good to me, and been with exetel for a few years now and my contract runs out in march so, ideal timing guys. Please go ahead with it.

Some1onearth

Post by Some1onearth » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:08 am

ajboswell wrote:I'm in. Many years with exetel (with a brief break that only convinced me to come back).
Haha.

Anyhow, any details on the possible Naked plan?

Subulgian

Post by Subulgian » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:19 pm

I am much more concerned with quality of service than I am of unlimited downloads. I have only gone over my quota once, and that was when my leech of a brother came to stay with me. I work nights a lot, and as a result my sleeping pattern tends to gravitate towards me being awake during off peak. Even the lowest plans have an arseload of off peak, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices the difference in experience between off and on peak. I hope those who opt for this new unlimited plan get put in a seperate pool, and my like minded peers get priority traffic.

Also, please never follow the lead of the big ISP's and count uploads, it's lame.

SirSmarty

Post by SirSmarty » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:55 pm

That sounds like a Brilliant plan!!!! I would definitely be interested in that should it be offerered. I have been with exetel for more than 5 years, have nothing but good things to say - I would definitely take up an unlimited offer!!!!! Keep up the good work exetel.

phar4oh

Post by phar4oh » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:44 pm

i would be interested in an unlimited plan.

I play games so I'm mostly interested in speed/response times. I ALWAYS get complaints that my connection is lagging so if it was going to get worse then I'll pass...otherwise.... sign me up!

manwe

Post by manwe » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Well I'm certainly happy to hear this, and I would take up the option if available. As it is I need to keep an eye on bandwidth and this plays a part in how much streaming media I can consume. Not having to worry about this would be a godsend.

lenvik

Post by lenvik » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:36 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:There is no time frame for this type of plan yet - we need to contract for much lower prices for the basic elements of the service, or change providers, before such plans can be offered.
Bearing this in mind, if I were to upgrade my plan from ADSL1 -> ADSL2 now and lock into a new 6 month contract and the unlimited plans were released in 2 months would I be able to change over straight away or would I need to wait till the end of the new contract before I could change to unlimited?