Re: ADSL2 Unlimited Plans (For Exetel Users Only)

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
giesse

Post by giesse » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:03 am

ForumAdmin wrote:So, what we will most likely offer is based on these premises:

1) We will offer unlimited ADSL2 (only) to Exetel customers who have been with us for more than 12 months and whom have good payment records.
This doesn't say "under the same contract or service" - so would this include customers who have moved address but continued a service with Exetel? I will be moving in the next month or two and either transferring my current service to the new address, or connecting a new service before we move to make sure that I have an Exetel service available as soon as we move into the new house. Either way, I've been with Exetel for the past few years and will continue to remain with Exetel, albeit at a new address - and I'd be more than happy to sign up for another 12 month contract.

Sgtspike

Post by Sgtspike » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:50 am

What about Naked ADSL2+ users? Is there a plan to offer VOIP users too?

Cheers
Sgtspike

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Sgtspike wrote:What about Naked ADSL2+ users? Is there a plan to offer VOIP users too?

Cheers
Sgtspike
I think a lot of naked users are hanging out to see where this is going too. I want similar to what the ADSL2+ users are getting (unlimited off peak). I don't want an unlimited service that is going to cost me $80 a month, I can't justify it myself when I now pay $45 for up to 90GB/month. I would cop a small increase in cost for unlimited offpeak though. I will be waiting to see how the naked users are treated compared with the non Naked users before deciding what I will do.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Sgtspike wrote:What about Naked ADSL2+ users? Is there a plan to offer VOIP users too?

Cheers
Sgtspike
The price of a naked unlimited will be the same as the telephone line included unlimited plan.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:53 pm

giesse wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:So, what we will most likely offer is based on these premises:

1) We will offer unlimited ADSL2 (only) to Exetel customers who have been with us for more than 12 months and whom have good payment records.
This doesn't say "under the same contract or service" - so would this include customers who have moved address but continued a service with Exetel? I will be moving in the next month or two and either transferring my current service to the new address, or connecting a new service before we move to make sure that I have an Exetel service available as soon as we move into the new house. Either way, I've been with Exetel for the past few years and will continue to remain with Exetel, albeit at a new address - and I'd be more than happy to sign up for another 12 month contract.
As long as our data base tracks the change of address correctly the plans will be offered to people who have moved automatically.

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:06 am

ForumAdmin wrote:

Cheers
Sgtspike
The price of a naked unlimited will be the same as the telephone line included unlimited plan.
So in other words naked is dead and buried? And no longer worth having? What about unlimited off peak only?

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:47 pm

I was really hoping for some sort of answer on this, as if needs be I will go back to tel/ADSL2 if Naked is no longer a viable option (I know there is upward pressure on Naked pricing to wholesalers to come). I am not being negative, I just want to know which way to go, or whether to wait it out? Is there an option to put Naked plans up $5-$10 for unlimited offpeak do you think? Is there room for that?

jasonlu

Post by jasonlu » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:47 am

I like the plan very much, because i hate to be restricted by the limit every month by counting every bytes.

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:29 am

Seeing there is no answer re naked offpeak unlimited. I think I can change back to Telephone for $10 (correct me if I'm wrong please) If I take this course it will only be $10 more than I am paying now/month for unlimited off peak. Will I get to keep my current voIP number? Also do I have to use email to do it? It's not available in my member's area to change back to.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Old Flame wrote:Seeing there is no answer re naked offpeak unlimited. I think I can change back to Telephone for $10 (correct me if I'm wrong please) If I take this course it will only be $10 more than I am paying now/month for unlimited off peak. Will I get to keep my current voIP number? Also do I have to use email to do it? It's not available in my member's area to change back to.
As this option is not available in your User Facilities you would need to email provisioning@exetel.com.au to see if what you want to do is feasible and what costs and new contract might result from such a change.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Thanks Gidget :)

kogi

Post by kogi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:19 pm

scruffy wrote::lol: i am amazed at the number of seven, eight and even nine year loyal members posting-pretty good effort seeing exetel is just a tad over six years old :lol:
I've being a customer of JL since People Telecom Days :p

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Old Flame wrote:I think I can change back to Telephone for $10 (correct me if I'm wrong please) If I take this course it will only be $10 more than I am paying now/month for unlimited off peak. Will I get to keep my current voIP number? Also do I have to use email to do it? It's not available in my member's area to change back to.
Answer for those on Naked that are interested, not ideal but you can:

Should you wish to change to a "Bundled" ADSL2 plan, please follow the belwo procedure.

1. Send email to provisioning@exetel.com.au with the exact "Bundled" ADSL2 plan name that you are interested in changing to.

("Bundled" ADSL2 plans can be reviewed via http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_nf.php)

2. It will cost $98.00 to activate the bundled service

3. You will be assigned with a new telephone number as it is NOT possible to activate the telephony service with your old telephone number.

jskf01

Post by jskf01 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:46 pm

So are these new unlimited plans coming soon? Its the end of the month now it would be good if we could get some clarification on how its gonna work. Ive been with Exetel afew years now and am out of contract so would be great to know my options.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:49 pm

Any unlimited plans to current Exetel users will be for ADSL2 inc phone and ADSL2 naked customers only (not BYO line customers at this time).

They will be available for activation from May 1st and will be put in the Exetel User Facilities in Early April.

The price difference between naked and inc phone line will be very small sub $5.00).

They will be offered to customers who are out of contract.

They will require a new 12 month contract.