Rationale Behind Change Of Plan 'Direction'

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: Rationale Behind Change Of Plan 'Direction'

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 12, 2010 1:42 pm

pecifieote wrote:I am concerned that in months where I use all of my peak quota I will be unprofitable. I am on naked adsl currently paying $55 per month for 30GB peak and 60GB offpeak with excess charged at $0.50/gigabyte. I applied to change to the similar Z plan that is $50 per month with the same peak quota. For such pricing to be possible when the port costs almost $40 and each GB approximately 40c, does Exetel rely on me to not always use my full quota? Or is it actually better for Exetel if I go over my peak quota and pay excess charges?
Please do whatever you wish to - I quoted the various costs simply to try and explain how very, very little Exetel makes on providing ADSL services.

lovard

Post by lovard » Wed May 12, 2010 2:33 pm

I like the change of direction. I can't seem to be able to change my plan to one of the new plans though.
I'd like to change plans from NAK2A to ONA. I seem to be restricted to changing plan to one of the Z/2xNOTEL plans on the change plan page.
I realise the ONA is a new plan and the change plan page may not have been update yet. I also realise I will have to pay a $10 change plan fee. Perhaps it is possible to add the ONx plans to the change plan page? I expect some people would still rather the Z/2xNOTEL plans?
I download <3GB/month, usually <2GB, so I don't need any offpeak allocation, I'd rather save the $5.
I'm very happy with Exetel's service, especially it's contributions to environmental causes and communication.
Is there any indication of if or when I will be able to change to the ONA plan?

Regards,

wewak

Post by wewak » Wed May 12, 2010 2:49 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
wewak wrote:Firstly, thanks for the update. It's good to know the rationale behind a company's thinking.

I do have a query though. I am on an old plan (12GB + ~80GB, $45 +$5) and would like to know whether existing users will be given the opportunity to change to one of the new plans - I am interested in the 1500A Plan.

Also, will new 8000 plans be made available for ADSL1?
I think you'll find that ADSL1 customers can now select the new plans in the user facilities.
I just tried and it's not up yet (at least not on mine). It's good to know it's coming though. I'll check back later.

Shady

Post by Shady » Wed May 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi Wewak,

This will be fixed in a moment. I'm not sure why the changes reverted. Sorry about that.

Shady

Post by Shady » Wed May 12, 2010 5:55 pm

It's fixed now.

lovard

Post by lovard » Fri May 14, 2010 9:56 am

Any ideas as to when ADSL2 customers will be able to change to the new plans?

I'm on NAK2A and would like to adopt a "change of direction" plan.

Shady

Post by Shady » Fri May 14, 2010 9:59 am

lovard wrote:Any ideas as to when ADSL2 customers will be able to change to the new plans?

This is being worked on now. It should be available soon.

craigj

Post by craigj » Fri May 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Regarding the "There Will Be No Change To Exetel Plan Peak/Off Peak Times" email, I was glad to receive it, and happy to know I will keep the off-peak quota (and I'm not a heavy off-peak downloader). Just want to say: Thanks!

lovard

Post by lovard » Fri May 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Shady wrote:
lovard wrote:Any ideas as to when ADSL2 customers will be able to change to the new plans?

This is being worked on now. It should be available soon.
Sorted Thanks!

Poseidon

Post by Poseidon » Fri May 14, 2010 5:57 pm

I am currently on an old Exetel ADSL2+ plan with phone - INCPHONEZ which has attracted both a $3/mth admin charge and a $5/mth surcharge in addition to the $55/mth plan charge since I first started on it. So now it is actually costing me $63/mth. The off peak download period has also been cut back from 12am-12pm to 2am-12pm since I commenced the plan.
I am currently investigating other plan options with Exetel and have been advised that the current plans available for switching to current Exetel customers do not incur either of these 2 extra charges. So if I choose Z/20INCTEL to replace my current plan, all I pay is $55/mth as there is no $3 admin charge with the new plans. I have also been advised that my current 2am-12noon off peak download period would be transferred across to the new plan and subsequently remain in place so I keep my current off peak download period with my new plan. All sounds very good to me. Can anyone please confirm if I have received the right advise and making the right choice as it seems this change would save me $8/mth whilst only sacrificing 2GB peak download. Thx

Zoner

Post by Zoner » Fri May 14, 2010 8:13 pm

The Z plans seem to have dissapeared? I have to move house next month, I was wanting to change to the Z plan. These new plans are not very attractive. Is it still possible, or can I stay on my existing plan and get a new contract when I move?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Zoner wrote:The Z plans seem to have dissapeared? I have to move house next month, I was wanting to change to the Z plan. These new plans are not very attractive. Is it still possible, or can I stay on my existing plan and get a new contract when I move?
It's usually possible - talk with provisioning when you are actually moving.

I think the Z plans were still available to current users last time I looked - I'll ask someone competent to have a look.

Zoner

Post by Zoner » Fri May 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks for the response. I've been a happy user for almost 3 years now and would like to continue.

Poseidon

Post by Poseidon » Sat May 15, 2010 9:40 am

Yes, Z plans have been replaced by OT plans across the board as of today and have NO OFF-PEAK download period. Seems Exetel is in a torrent of changes at the moment trying to find the right balance between profit and competitive advantage.
Plan options, charges and dimensions seem to be changing daily and getting less and less attractive very rapidly!
I for one complained to Exetel that I had become completely confused with the torrent of changes in the last couple of weeks seeking some clarification, only to receive an arrogant email suggesting that if I am not happy to switch to another ISP. Great attitude from Exetel !!!%%@@##
The torrent of changes in the last fortnight includes...
[*]peak downloads increased with no change to off peak downloads - this change quoted for ALL plans but then I was told it was NOT for all plans, just all current plans, To me when a company says ALL PLANS it is taken literally to mean just that!
[*]then the off peak period was cut back to 2am-8am,
[*]then suddenly the off peak period remaining in unchanged for existing customers until September to give people time to assess thier options
[*]then off peak changed to ongoing for existing customers.....
and now off peak is not offered in any of the current plan options for either new or existing customers!
The Z plans which were a good option to older Exetel plans were restricted to existing members only (via "Change my service" button) up until Friday 14 May but had been removed from the NEW plan choices.
My view is that on Friday 14 May Exetel seemed to have the formula right in pleasing both new customers with the OT plans and existing customers with the Z plans....
Now the Z plan options for both new and existing customers have disappeared all together! :(

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Sat May 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Is it possible to get the Z plans re-instated please at least until the end of the month?