ADSL Plans/$10 - $25 Per Month Discounts

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
bodogbodog

Re: ADSL Plans/$10 - $25 Per Month Discounts

Post by bodogbodog » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:47 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:
You got it in one and its not all "answered above" - I want to keep my good WM-A plan for another mobile but move the current number to the CAP plan - I got a response from customer service I couldn't do it today but I will escalate it I think as I cant see why I couldnt do it. It appears others also want to do it
Please be patient on this. We will inform in due course as we are still finalising the possible charges for these transfers of service.
Thanks - happy to be patient on it now I know there's a possibility of it being able to be done - I'm in no rush (other than to buy more Exetel services :lol: - so if it can be achieved and I can retain my exisitng WM-A service (with a new number) and move my exisiting number from HSPA to CAP19 and get the extra discount off my ADSL2 costs I will be very happy

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:06 am

This is the outcome:

1. For current Exetel wireless broadband customers wanting to change to a new Exetel mobile plan via Optus, there will be a $20 plan change fee.
Customers’ existing SIMs can be retained.

2. For current Exetel mobile customers using the Vodafone network wanting to port (transfer) to a new Exetel mobile plan via Optus, the $20 activation fee will apply and a new SIM will be required.

To answer potential queries for 1) above this is because Optus are charging Exetel a wholesale plan change fee and we need to cover this.

aiki

Post by aiki » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:13 am

I was a bit confused by my first reading of the capped mobile plans, at first it seemed like 1300 numbers were included but now I see they are excluded.
Could you please confirm what calls are excluded,

Thanks.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:38 am

I am also interested in why 13xxxx and 1300 numbers would be excluded.

The Optus version of the plans stipulates that these numbers are included, but that 1900 calls are excluded.
Included Cap Value: can be used for standard national voice calls and SMS/MMS, International SMS, national video calls, VoiceMail, PTT, national diversions and calls to 13/1300 and 1800 numbers. Excludes some call and message types such as international calls, premium calls and text, and calls to satellite phones and 1900xx services. Standard rates apply if you exceed your plan’s included value.
Thank you.

Lawrie

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:17 pm

aiki, Lawrie

Calls to 13,1300 and 1800 numbers are EXCLUDED on the Exetel cap plans.
We have confirmed this with Optus wholesale.
The Optus version of the plans stipulates that these numbers are included, but that 1900 calls are excluded.
There is nothing we can do about that. Optus retail is not Exetel retail and Optus Wholesale is specifically NOT including these calls.

aiki

Post by aiki » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Thank you for the clarification, with those numbers excluded the plans really are of no interest to me.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:43 pm

Having a high volume/proportion of calls to 13,1300,1800 services I dare say would be the exception rather than the norm.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Can you explain what happens if a 13xxxx/1300 number call is made?
It wont work at all?
or it is charged by some other means outside the Cap?

I have ordered one of these plans for my daughter, so I need to be able to explain it to her.

Lawrie.

oblong

Post by oblong » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:55 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:Having a high volume/proportion of calls to 13,1300,1800 services I dare say would be the exception rather than the norm.
Maybe people who use those numbers a lot can obtain the "native" number for that called party and ring that instead of the 13/1300/1800 number.

aiki

Post by aiki » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:19 pm

I wouldn't personally use a plan that didn't include those numbers, a few years ago I had my wallet stolen in the city and rang my bank immediately to have the credit cards canceled. It was a 13 number and while I was on hold for quite a while I wasn't prepared for the $47 extra charge outside of the cap for making that one emergency call.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:56 pm

oblong wrote: Maybe people who use those numbers a lot can obtain the "native" number for that called party and ring that instead of the 13/1300/1800 number.
Yes - I do this with my VoIP already whenever possible (so that I pay 10c instead of 30c per call), but some businesses will not divulge a "native" number for their 13xxxx services.

I assume that a 13xxxx call will be charged at 99c per minute, but outside of the CAP. So there will be a separate entry on my bill for each call made outside the CAP.

Lawrie.

oblong

Post by oblong » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Lawrie wrote:
oblong wrote: Maybe people who use those numbers a lot can obtain the "native" number for that called party and ring that instead of the 13/1300/1800 number.
Yes - I do this with my VoIP already whenever possible (so that I pay 10c instead of 30c per call), but some businesses will not divulge a "native" number for their 13xxxx services.
https://www.e164.org/non-search.php might help for some numbers.

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:48 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:This is the outcome:

1. For current Exetel wireless broadband customers wanting to change to a new Exetel mobile plan via Optus, there will be a $20 plan change fee.
Customers’ existing SIMs can be retained.

2. For current Exetel mobile customers using the Vodafone network wanting to port (transfer) to a new Exetel mobile plan via Optus, the $20 activation fee will apply and a new SIM will be required.

To answer potential queries for 1) above this is because Optus are charging Exetel a wholesale plan change fee and we need to cover this.
I assume this is the response that is supposed to answer my questions I asked earlier ie

Hopefully someone from Exetel can advise what's going to be possible - as I really want to add the new capped plan service to my ever increasing portfolio of services - started with ADSL1 in the very beginning and now have ADSL2, VOIP and HSPA services

As I say I am an exisitng Exetel HSPA (WM-A) customer - I want to retain that service but also takeup one of the new Exetel (Optus) Capped plans

Now the challenge is I want to move the mobile number from the current HSPA (WM-A) service to the new Capped (CAP19)service - and then get a new mobile number allocated to the HSPA account which I also want to retain) - is getting the mobile numbers swapped around like that going to be possible? - and if so how do I order it on the site?

I guess one option is to order the new mobile service and get a number allocated and then arrange to port that number to my HSPA service and move the current HSPA number to the new mobile service - would that be the best option?

It looks like what you are saying is that basically the only thing possible is a complete move of the existing phone number from HSPA to the CAP plan - with the effect that the old HSPA plan lapses - this is not what I was hoping would be possible as I want to retain both the HSPA account with a different number allocated to it and the nbe CAPPED plan with the olfd HSPA number allocated to it, but it seems thats not going to be possible.

Can Extel confirm that my understanding is correct and there is no option to do what I asked - or should I continue to be patient while it's reviewed?
Last edited by bodogbodog on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vbap

Post by vbap » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:38 am

ExetelVoice wrote:Having a high volume/proportion of calls to 13,1300,1800 services I dare say would be the exception rather than the norm.
I would just like to comment that it is not really about how many of the excluded call types you pay.
For me, the frustrating thing is that with these CAP plans (all telcos) there are more and more excluded types (and they are getting into more and more obtuse combinations - eg include Internaional calls but exclude voicemail!) . This makes comparisons impossible, and many would be better off with PAYG / per minute plans. As previously posted, in the heat of the moment, when you want to quickly use your phone (eg report lost/stolen card) you don't want to have to stop and think whether the number you are calling is in your cap, or what the call rates are, etc etc.

In the exetel plan, I would argue many customers are more likely to call a 13xxxx number than they are to send an International SMS. And yet the former is excluded from the CAP and the latter not...

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:24 am

Would fully agree with your comments vbap. Caps, call inclusions, call exclusions can be confusing.
Exetel is constrained by the wholesale requirements of these plans.

This is why we also give you the option of simple per minute plans, so you know what you're paying for.
http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-mo ... -plans.php

Click the 'per minute' plans tab.