New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:47 am

As you might know there is a considerable amount of turmoil in the ADSL supply market at the moment and there has been for many months.

As far as we can see there is little or no chance of this situation changing in the immediate future and, in our opinion, it will only become more chaotic.

We have worked with all of our providers to come up with new benefits for our customers in this time for several months but have not been able to find a way of getting round the constant "unlimited" and "multi terabyte" offers that reach new levels of 'give away' every week - or whatever.

We have reached an agreement with one of our largest suppliers, actually now our largest supplier, to provide lower usage Exetel customers with what we see as an exceptional ADSL2 offer that simply can't be beaten by any other ADSL2 provider in today's Australian ADSL2 marketplaces.

From November 1st 2010 Exetel will provide an ADSL2 service:

at NO monthly charge

providing the customer uses Exetel as its wire line provider ($30.00 a month with very low call charges) and also uses Exetel as the supplier of one capped plan mobile service - lowest monthly charge $19.95 per month).

The ADSL2 plan will have 15 gigabytes of downloads (use any time of day) and none of the services will have a contract period.

There will be no activation charge for this plan.

The plans will not be available everywhere - only where Optus has ADSL2 DSLAMs and free ports on those DSLAMs.

The final parameters of this plan have not yet been finalised but will be by COB on Friday 29th October so if you wish to make any suggestions please let us know.

fredbucket

Re: New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Post by fredbucket » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:22 am

It's really a disguised bundle, isn't it? For $50, you get wireline, mobile and ADSL.

You can say ADSL + wireline for $50, and you get a free mobile, or ADSL + mobile and you get a free wireline etc etc. It all depends on how you want to position it, and what you feel from a marketing (i.e. psychological) perspective will be the most attractive way to go.

Regards
Fred

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 am

ForumAdmin wrote:The plans will not be available everywhere - only where Optus has ADSL2 DSLAMs and free ports on those DSLAMs.
Sounds perfect for a low/moderate user of which I think there is a large customer base.
Is this offer open to existing or new customers only?
Also does it come with one DID and Web/Blog options?
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:19 am

Mixer wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:The plans will not be available everywhere - only where Optus has ADSL2 DSLAMs and free ports on those DSLAMs.
Sounds perfect for a low/moderate user of which I think there is a large customer base.
Is this offer open to existing or new customers only?
Also does it come with one DID and Web/Blog options?
It will be available to current customers as well as new customers.

It comes with all the premium features of the current plan including DID and BLOG

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:21 am

A tiny amount of imagination can lead to another 'NO ADSL2 monthly access' charge offer if you bundle 2 x CAP 19 mobile services into the OTAA 20/180 GB plan. Ignoring the recent admin fee...

OTAA ($20) - 2 x CAP19 discounts ($20) = $0
Line rental ($30) + 2 x CAP19 ($38) = $68

In other words spin it as "pay for line rental and bundle two mobiles ($19 or more p/m) and get 200 GB (20/180) per month for free". There is teeth to this.

There are certainly more combinations.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 am

You are quite right that there are many ways of making new offers.

50% of Exetel's users use much less than 15 gb per month and, hopefully, to them a free ADSL connection is appealing.

Those users currently pay line rental to anther company and pay some other company for their mobile .

For such users a $10.00 discount from a current Optus retail plan , no change to their wire line rental plus lower wire line calls AND FREE ADSL is a pretty interesting offer.....or at least so I would have thought?

lkml2000

Post by lkml2000 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Sounds interesting...:-)

Any idea what would be the Excess usage charges?

Thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:46 pm

lkml2000 wrote:Sounds interesting...:-)

Any idea what would be the Excess usage charges?

Thanks
$1.00 per gb

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 pm

You continue to surprise me (pleasantly) with the options you keep presenting to me for an increasingly wide range of services!
I'm almost embarrassed to ask....
but would the Pioneer discount be available with that plan?

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:06 pm

bodogbodog wrote:You continue to surprise me (pleasantly) with the options you keep presenting to me for an increasingly wide range of services!
I'm almost embarrassed to ask....
but would the Pioneer discount be available with that plan?
Please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au in order to get it confirmed

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 pm

John,
I qualify at the moment for this new plan (I think)

I am on the Z/20INCTEL $55 for 10G/unlimited
I have a $19 CAP mobile plan (activated today !!!!!)

Only issue for me is that I have a request in to upgrade my ADSL2 to the OTAA $53 20G/180G that will come into operation on November 1st.
Do I need to do anything to be able to take up the Free offer?
Should I cancel the current request for upgrade? (The new Free service at 15G would probably be enough for me)

Lawrie

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Lawrie wrote:John,
I qualify at the moment for this new plan (I think)

I am on the Z/20INCTEL $55 for 10G/unlimited
I have a $19 CAP mobile plan (activated today !!!!!)

Only issue for me is that I have a request in to upgrade my ADSL2 to the OTAA $53 20G/180G that will come into operation on November 1st.
Do I need to do anything to be able to take up the Free offer?
Should I cancel the current request for upgrade? (The new Free service at 15G would probably be enough for me)

Lawrie
Once the new plan is on the user facilities yu will be able to change to it from any Optus plan quite easily. Probably it will be easy to change to from any plan.

However, as with all structure changes we will bed these plans down via offering them to new users and then, once any glitches we may find are removed, we will offer them to our current custmers.

The fact that you already have a capped mobile plan will only involve you in entering the mobile phone number for that plan rather than ordering a new mobile plan.

shx

Post by shx » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Thanks for the good news.

First of all, a small error I guess - "From November 1st 2011 Exetel will provide an ADSL2 service:" :p

Secondly, as a current Exetel ADSL1 user (with Telstra line), do I need to get a optus line activated first in order to take this order? Or as a pacakge, Exetel will handle everything for me?

Cheers.

dbr

Post by dbr » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:37 am

shx wrote:do I need to get a optus line activated first in order to take this order?
No. When you apply for the plan, then your line gets transferred across. You just need to have free Optus ports available.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

loco13

Post by loco13 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:02 am

Not interested in bundled plans. And 15 GB, I consider as moderate use.
As a small user, a stand alone, pay for what you use, or a 1 or 2 GB plan on ASDL 1 or 2 at below $30 would be attractive. But I guess that would not cover overhead costs.
- Tom.