New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Jugah

Re: New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Post by Jugah » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Hey Guys,

Its obviously a move by Exetel to get customers to use phone and mobile with them. Have you considered offering foxtel too. Heaps of people are on existing bundles with other suppliers (telstra/optus), and will have that included. I can't see you being able to gain the business of those customers unless you are compatible with the setup they already have. Those customers will wan't to know that the bundle Exetel is offering will be competitive with what they are currently receiving.

In addition has there been any consideration given with regard to consumers who have existing mobile plans with providers such as optus, where termination of contract is like $500 plus, thus not making it worth reverting to this offer by exetel.

evandevon

Post by evandevon » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Do we get to keep our original mobile phone number? I'm with vodafone.

dbr

Post by dbr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:41 pm

evandevon wrote:Do we get to keep our original mobile phone number? I'm with vodafone.
Yes. I have successfully ported my voda number over.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

evandevon

Post by evandevon » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm pretty keen to change to the OTFree-1 plan since it seems it will save me some money. I'm currently on the INCPHONE B plan but since my download needs have changed I think 15GB is plenty now. Do I have to go through all the hassle of filling out the form or is there an easier way that I can't find in my Member Facilities? The only plan change options for me that are displayed are ADSL2 and Naked ADSL2, is this for a particular reason? Does going through the form like a new exetel user take longer to activate or anything? Or does it not matter? I'd like to know by tomorrow so I can apply before midnight, thanks forum-ers.
Also, how do I find out my vodafone account number? I've only ever had prepaid.

evs.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:05 am

evandevon wrote:I'm pretty keen to change to the OTFree-1 plan since it seems it will save me some money. I'm currently on the INCPHONE B plan but since my download needs have changed I think 15GB is plenty now. Do I have to go through all the hassle of filling out the form or is there an easier way that I can't find in my Member Facilities? The only plan change options for me that are displayed are ADSL2 and Naked ADSL2, is this for a particular reason? Does going through the form like a new exetel user take longer to activate or anything? Or does it not matter? I'd like to know by tomorrow so I can apply before midnight, thanks forum-ers.

evs.
These plans are only currently available to new users, they might be made available to current users in the near future.

evandevon

Post by evandevon » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:36 pm

awwwwwww..... Thanks for the quick reply, but awwwwww!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:57 pm

evandevon wrote:awwwwwww..... Thanks for the quick reply, but awwwwww!
Give it one more month and they might become available for current customers.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

sable

Post by sable » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:54 pm

evandevon wrote:awwwwwww..... Thanks for the quick reply, but awwwwww!

See ForumAdmin's post here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37097#p283247

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:01 pm

evandevon wrote:I'm pretty keen to change to the OTFree-1 plan since it seems it will save me some money. I'm currently on the INCPHONE B plan but since my download needs have changed I think 15GB is plenty now. Do I have to go through all the hassle of filling out the form or is there an easier way that I can't find in my Member Facilities? The only plan change options for me that are displayed are ADSL2 and Naked ADSL2, is this for a particular reason? Does going through the form like a new exetel user take longer to activate or anything? Or does it not matter? I'd like to know by tomorrow so I can apply before midnight, thanks forum-ers.

evs.
It is far more complicated to provide very different new services to current customers on a wide range of old plans than it is to new customers who have no 'legacy' plan conditions.

evandevon

Post by evandevon » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:03 pm

sweet, thanks for all the info

evs

wing2033

Post by wing2033 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:09 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
Lawrie wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:12 month contract for a new customer or a current customer who is changing from another Exetel ADSL plan.
That seems to cover everyone (everyone will be either a new customer or they will be old customer changing from another plan)
So to use this new plan means signing up to a new 12 month contract - is that correct?

Lawrie
Correct.
Exetel Sales team just told me that this was not available to existing Exetel customers and that's why it's not showing in Members Facilities area. Any existing Exetel customers who have applied for this successfully?

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:37 pm

wing2033 wrote: Exetel Sales team just told me that this was not available to existing Exetel customers and that's why it's not showing in Members Facilities area. Any existing Exetel customers who have applied for this successfully?
Have a read of the bottom of this thread - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37097#p283247
I would expect it to be available mid November for existing customers based on that feedback

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:42 pm

wing2033 wrote:
Exetel Sales team just told me that this was not available to existing Exetel customers and that's why it's not showing in Members Facilities area. Any existing Exetel customers who have applied for this successfully?
Do you have a name of the Exetel employee (or some other characteristics) who you claim made such an insanely stupid statement?

racer123

Post by racer123 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:03 pm

I received the same response as wing2033 when I enquired about changing to the new plan.
This was the response I received.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that, OTFree-1 plan is not available for existing customers as at yet. It might be available during this month. If/when it becomes available; your member's facilities will be updated with this plan where you can simply request for a plan change.

Regards,

Venurukshi Perera
Exetel Sales
Exetel Pty Ltd

sable

Post by sable » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:12 pm

racer123 wrote:I received the same response as wing2033 when I enquired about changing to the new plan.
This was the response I received.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that, OTFree-1 plan is not available for existing customers as at yet. It might be available during this month. If/when it becomes available; your member's facilities will be updated with this plan where you can simply request for a plan change.

Regards,

Venurukshi Perera
Exetel Sales
Exetel Pty Ltd
That is not what wing2033 said
Exetel Sales team just told me that this was not available to existing Exetel customers and that's why it's not showing in Members Facilities area.