New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
kiwigene

Re: New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Post by kiwigene » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:22 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
speedboatsteve wrote:I am very keen to transfer all my services to the OTFree-1 plan, as soon as it becomes available for members. I am also wondering, if I ordered an additional CAP19 mobile plan, how would that affect the overall price? That being Home Phone + Free ADSL2 + Cap19 + Cap19 = ?? Is it just another $19?
Yes - and you get the additional discount.
Wow. I never thought I'd ever move onto a capped plan - having very low usage on the mobile (normally <$5 pm).
But with OTFree-1 effectively making the OTA plan obsolete for me, I guess I'll be switching.

tc4101

Post by tc4101 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:38 pm

how about offering plans where we can choose the download limits independent of the mobile calls.

e.g i am a high downloader but a low mobile phone user.

if i choose a higher dowload plan, i get more mobile phone usage which i will never use

Than

Post by Than » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:43 pm

I started to apply for the new free adsl plan but on selecting the "Order" button I am advised: "If you have a medical condition which necessitates dialing emergency medical numbers you must NOT order this service."
I don't have a medical condition which necessitates dialing emergency medical numbers but I would not like to rule myself out of ever being able to rely on the triple 0 emergency service for the rare emergency, as the triple 0 emergency service has been put in place for all Australians to use in an emergency. I can understand that phones using voip would not be super reliable for emergency calls but If this is an Optus phone line with this plan why would the triple 0 emergency service be a problem? Or does dialing emergency medical numbers mean something I'm not aware of.
Regards,
Than

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Than, so as not to divert the thread, I'll be brief. Non-Telstra services miss out on Priority Assistance: http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/644290/pc=PC_2038, something very few qualify for. Telstra's CSG does not apply either, http://www.tio.com.au/FAQ/csg.htm. These conditions were imposed when Telstra was sold.

You can still ring 000 on an Exetel/Optus phone, a VoIP service and a mobile phone, whichever is available to you at the time.

CorporateVoIP

Post by CorporateVoIP » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Misintepretation on my part. Deleted. Sorry.
Last edited by CorporateVoIP on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:27 pm

edit: removed the quote to avoid confusion

speedboatsteve

Post by speedboatsteve » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:32 pm

I was just thinking the exact same thing..?

Exetel..?

CorporateVoIP

Post by CorporateVoIP » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:56 pm

Misintepretation on my part. Deleted. Sorry. Was thinking about something else entirely on a different enquiry.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:25 pm

CorporateVoIP wrote:Misintepretation on my part. Deleted. Sorry. Was thinking about something else entirely on a different enquiry.
yes understand the confusion as the same disclaimer about emergency services is used for Optus wireline services, just standard non Telstra type stuff really

speedboatsteve

Post by speedboatsteve » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 am

Is there any further word if/when these plans will become available for members? I'm still very keen to sign up for one of these!!
bodogbodog wrote:
I would expect it to be available mid November for existing customers based on that feedback
ForumAdmin wrote:
By the end of this week.
Thanks guys, love your work.

Than

Post by Than » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Guys I thought I posted this a couple of days ago but can't find it, apologies if it's repeated.

When I went to order the free adsl bundle, the message "If you have a medical condition which necessitates dialing emergency medical numbers you must NOT order this service" is displayed. I don't have a medical condition which necessitates dialing emergency medical numbers but I would not like to eliminate myself from having the triple 0 service available. If I am ordering an optus phone line why would I not be able to rely on the triple 0 service being available? Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Regards,
Than

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Than wrote:Guys I thought I posted this a couple of days ago but can't find it, apologies if it's repeated.

When I went to order the free adsl bundle, the message "If you have a medical condition which necessitates dialing emergency medical numbers you must NOT order this service" is displayed. I don't have a medical condition which necessitates dialing emergency medical numbers but I would not like to eliminate myself from having the triple 0 service available. If I am ordering an optus phone line why would I not be able to rely on the triple 0 service being available? Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Regards,
Than
This was answered directly below your previous post, 8 posts higher up: viewtopic.php?p=283539#p283539.

You can still ring 000, etc, but non-Telstra PSTN phone lines specifically exclude "Priority Assistance". This has an incredibly marginal impact but one that technically requires a disclaimer. Basically, people with "Priority Assistance" are entitled to faster connection and fault repair of their telephone service and a greater level of reliability; something that many deem necessary if you have a medical condition.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Better Gary

Post by Better Gary » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:47 am

Thanks for that explanation Corey. I had no idea such a thing existed.

No monopoly, my bum.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:35 am

Actually, the removal of Priority Assistance is (was) a good thing. By removing such a service guarantee, other non-Telstra providers are able to provide phone services without as onerous support requirements, so it actually increases competition in the marketplace
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

racer123

Post by racer123 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Any updates on when the plan will be available to existing members?