New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:06 pm

racer123 wrote:Any updates on when the plan will be available to existing members?
All plans are available to current customers.

speedboatsteve

Post by speedboatsteve » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:41 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
racer123 wrote:Any updates on when the plan will be available to existing members?
All plans are available to current customers.
Where can I apply for these plans as there are not listed in the Member's Facility https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php page, for me to change my 1500Y plan to?

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:14 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:All plans are available to current customers.
I know they will be - but as already posted above they are not showing up as options to move to for existing customers in User Facilities - unless they are not in an obvious place
I am happy to wait patiently but your post has given a glimmer of hope that the wait is over - can you let us know where the option to move to the ADSL2 "Free" plans are found?

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:07 pm

bodogbodog wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:All plans are available to current customers.
I know they will be - but as already posted above they are not showing up as options to move to for existing customers in User Facilities - unless they are not in an obvious place
I am happy to wait patiently but your post has given a glimmer of hope that the wait is over - can you let us know where the option to move to the ADSL2 "Free" plans are found?
The free ADSL plans introduced are available for existing customers as well, please bear with us until we make it available in the members area. Please note that though you put the request now or towards the end of the month, the plan will only be changed from the following month.

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:15 pm

EromalR wrote:The free ADSL plans introduced are available for existing customers as well, please bear with us until we make it available in the members area. Please note that though you put the request now or towards the end of the month, the plan will only be changed from the following month.
The confusion came from FA's comment that they are available for existing customers - which was interpreted as they were available to order now in User Facilites, which is not the case
No problem - yes that is a good point you make that it won't come into effect until next month, although the new mobile will be avaiable to use (pro rata) once provisioned

gstark

Post by gstark » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:11 pm

I actually had a phone call yesterday from Exetel, offering me he new plan.

While the pricing and offer is great, I do not want to go onto a contract. I've been off contract for years, and even a 12 month contract is simply not on the table for me.

Why don't you (Exetel) modify the pricing slightly so that those of us who have no desire to go onto a contract can activate the new plans but without being locked in?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:19 pm

gstark wrote:I actually had a phone call yesterday from Exetel, offering me he new plan.

While the pricing and offer is great, I do not want to go onto a contract. I've been off contract for years, and even a 12 month contract is simply not on the table for me.

Why don't you (Exetel) modify the pricing slightly so that those of us who have no desire to go onto a contract can activate the new plans but without being locked in?
You can - by paying a $20.00 plan change fee.

How was the call?

(according to the statistics - you were one of 2 people who didn't take up the offer compared to 41 who did).

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
You can - by paying a $20.00 plan change fee.
How was the call?
(according to the statistics - you were one of 2 people who didn't take up the offer compared to 41 who did).
How do I get in on that one - ie not have to pay the $20 plan change fee? - I'm happy to go back on a contract and definitely want to move to the new "free ADSL2" bundle
Will you be telemarketing anyone else with the offer?

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:22 pm

bodogbodog wrote: How do I get in on that one - ie not have to pay the $20 plan change fee? - I'm happy to go back on a contract and definitely want to move to the new "free ADSL2" bundle
When you go into the actual order form there will be an option to select either $20 fee or new contract

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Lawrie wrote:When you go into the actual order form there will be an option to select either $20 fee or new contract
So are you saying you can see an option to move to the new plan in user facilities? - I cant see if (at least not under Manage Services or Order New Services - but please let me know where you are seeing (main menu item and sub menu - ie what menu option is it under?

gstark

Post by gstark » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:57 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:paying a $20.00 plan change fee.
Ok, thanks.
How was the call?
Very good; she was nice, courteous and professional. And she scored extra points for asking if it was a convenient time for her to be calling.

However, she did fail to mention what you just have (the $20 fee) when I made it clear that the option of a contract was not on the table. Perhaps that might be a training issue to consider? Minor issue, but possibly worth noting?
What others do is of little concern to me. I failed two classes at school, those being "falling in line" and "following like a sheep". :)

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:18 pm

bodogbodog wrote: So are you saying you can see an option to move to the new plan in user facilities? - I cant see if (at least not under Manage Services or Order New Services - but please let me know where you are seeing (main menu item and sub menu - ie what menu option is it under?
No I am not saying the new plans ar available yet. I am saying that any plan you move to now, inside the actual application form, there is an option to pay $20 or to start a new contract.

As far as the new plans are concerned, wait until just before the end of the month and I am sure they will be available. Patience is required.

Lawrie.

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:36 am

Lawrie wrote:No I am not saying the new plans ar available yet. I am saying that any plan you move to now, inside the actual application form, there is an option to pay $20 or to start a new contract.
As far as the new plans are concerned, wait until just before the end of the month and I am sure they will be available. Patience is required.
I've got plenty of patience - but your message inferred you had actually changed to the new plan. I now understand you haven't and are assuming what will happen

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:00 pm

I must be drinking too much alcohol.

On the plan change page, at the top of the plans, it gives three options:

No new contract

New 6 months contract

New 12 months contract

kenobiajay

Post by kenobiajay » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:56 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:I must be drinking too much alcohol.

On the plan change page, at the top of the plans, it gives three options:

No new contract

New 6 months contract

New 12 months contract
I can't see those options:
Attachments
Exetel Members Facilities - Change Plan_1289620452045.png
Plan Change screenshot
Exetel Members Facilities - Change Plan_1289620452045.png (117.27 KiB) Viewed 5525 times