New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:47 am

There are two new, heavily carrier subsidised, bundled plans in the User Facilities.

roobz

Re: New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Post by roobz » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:56 am

These seem like fantastic plans.
I was just wondering, what if you would like two mobile phones on the plan (one for me, one for my wife)? Is that somehow factored into the plan with exetel?
Thanks.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:30 am

roobz wrote:These seem like fantastic plans.
I was just wondering, what if you would like two mobile phones on the plan (one for me, one for my wife)? Is that somehow factored into the plan with exetel?
Thanks.
You sign up for the second mobile and the stated discount will apply to your ADSL based plan.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:01 pm

Code: Select all

OT-SPECIAL1 $20.00 $60	Included	Included	CAP-SPECIAL1	50 gbytes 120 gbytes 12 Months
OT-SPECIAL2 $20.00 $70	Included	Included	CAP-SPECIAL2	100 gbytes 180 gbytes 12 Months
What are the details behind CAP-SPECIAL1 and CAP-SPECIAL2? From website to new customers it is CAP19 and CAP35? It may be obvious but I do not like to assume.

By the way the 'special-1' offer to new customers is not so 'special' priced over 12 months.
OT-Special 1 50/120 GB (inc wireline & CAP19) = $740 minimum 12 months <--- $36 more expensive
OTL-A 50/180 GB (inc wireline) [$576] + CAP19 [$248] - CAP19 discount [$120] = $704 minimum 12 months

In contrast, the 'special-2' offer does present a better deal over 12 months.
OT-SPECIAL2 100/180 GB (inc wireline & CAP35) = $860 minimum 12 months <-- $96 saving
OTL-C 100/180 GB (inc wireline) [$696] + CAP35 [$440] - CAP35 discount [$180] = $956 minimum 12 months

Cheers.
Last edited by Ravenous on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Col

Post by Col » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Ravenous wrote:By the way the 'special-1' offer to new customers is not so 'special' priced over 12 months.
OT-Special 1 50/120 GB (inc wireline & CAP19) = $740 minimum 12 months
OTL-A 50/180 GB (inc wireline) [$576] + CAP19 [$248] - CAP19 discount [$120] = $704 minimum 12 months
And the old OTFree-1 bundle has the same components as the new OT-Special 1 bundle, yet was only $49 instead of the now $60.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:00 pm

If these offers don't appeal to any individual then I imagine they won't be taken up by people who share your views.

It must be in the 'marketing' but - in the first four hours of them being available more plans were ordered than the previous plans they replaced which had been available for eight weeks.

These plans are provided at lower costs than any other plans we could find while finalising the plan contents/pricing - lower even than the the most aggressive of the Telstra 'welcome back' offers.

However, if we have made a mistake in developing them we can always improve the contents....a little.

Col

Post by Col » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:00 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:These plans are provided at lower costs than any other plans we could find while finalising the plan contents/pricing - lower even than the the most aggressive of the Telstra 'welcome back' offers.

However, if we have made a mistake in developing them we can always improve the contents....a little.
But as Ravenous pointed out, the OT-Special 1 is more expensive than if someone got the OTL-A plan and the $19 cap (with its discount) separately. So you looked at all the plans on the market except your own?

I thought the $60 was a typo when I first looked at it. Making it $50 instead would mean over the 12 months it would save the customer $84. Besides, $84 isn't as big as the saving people get on the OT-Special 2 bundle (which is $96), and they still get their full off peak instead of it being reduced by 60GB (or 720GB over the 12 month period).

vbap

Post by vbap » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:12 pm

Col wrote:But as Ravenous pointed out, the OT-Special 1 is more expensive than if someone got the OTL-A plan and the $19 cap (with its discount) separately.
I agree - something is not quite right (now that these special plans are visible on the website).
I thought maybe these Special plans also had the free local/national calls included, but they don't. So I don't see the value of Special1 over OTL-A+CAP19...Oh well, some people obviously see something better in it !?

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:39 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:It must be in the 'marketing' but - in the first four hours of them being available more plans were ordered than the previous plans they replaced which had been available for eight weeks.
That is great it is going well. You can't argue with good sales. I guess I look far further into the details than most others. Wife always complains I over-analyse and need to be more impulsive!
ForumAdmin wrote:However, if we have made a mistake in developing them we can always improve the contents....a little.
If you notice that OT-SPECIAL1 is shunned by new customers in favour for OTL-A + CAP19 bundle, a small reduction of OT-SPECIAL1 from $60 p/m to $55 p/m would give a slight saving of $24 over 12 months compared to the OTL-A + CAP19 alternative.

Cheers.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:11 am

Ravenous wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:It must be in the 'marketing' but - in the first four hours of them being available more plans were ordered than the previous plans they replaced which had been available for eight weeks.
That is great it is going well. You can't argue with good sales. I guess I look far further into the details than most others. Wife always complains I over-analyse and need to be more impulsive!
ForumAdmin wrote:However, if we have made a mistake in developing them we can always improve the contents....a little.
If you notice that OT-SPECIAL1 is shunned by new customers in favour for OTL-A + CAP19 bundle, a small reduction of OT-SPECIAL1 from $60 p/m to $55 p/m would give a slight saving of $24 over 12 months compared to the OTL-A + CAP19 alternative.

Cheers.
The OT-Specials will replace the OTL-A before very long.

Exetel will move to a different plan 'structure' over the coming weeks.

toast

Post by toast » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi,

I feel a bit stupid with this question, but here we go.

With the OT-Special 1 plan for $60 / month, that means that the CAP19 plan is included in that price? i.e. no more cost for the mobile.
So with this plan, you get Wireline phone, ADSL, mobile all for $60?

The next question is if I then put a second CAP19 plan, would that mean it costs $19, but then a $10 discount applies, i.e. $9 more overall. so $69 / month.

That is a VERY attractive deal Exetel.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:50 pm

toast wrote:Hi,

I feel a bit stupid with this question, but here we go.

With the OT-Special 1 plan for $60 / month, that means that the CAP19 plan is included in that price? i.e. no more cost for the mobile.
So with this plan, you get Wireline phone, ADSL, mobile all for $60?

The next question is if I then put a second CAP19 plan, would that mean it costs $19, but then a $10 discount applies, i.e. $9 more overall. so $69 / month.

That is a VERY attractive deal Exetel.
It is meant to be an excellent deal for a customer who is able to bundle telephone line, one mobile and ADSL2.

mycle

Post by mycle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:42 am

Whatever these plans are meant to be, they're not much use if you can't sign up and the people on the provisioning email box don't know what's going on or just don't bother to answer emails.

Currently on the phone to 'provisioning' having given up on the recommended email option and getting yet another story from the phone support.

Been with exetel for over 4 years now and this has got to be the worst handled change I've seen. No communication, no idea what's going on. Changes cancelled but charged for, no response to emails, no communication of any issues. I didn't really think twice about signing up for another 12 month contract but if this is the future of exetel, i think I'll pass.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:52 am

mycle wrote:Whatever these plans are meant to be, they're not much use if you can't sign up and the people on the provisioning email box don't know what's going on or just don't bother to answer emails.

Currently on the phone to 'provisioning' having given up on the recommended email option and getting yet another story from the phone support.

Been with exetel for over 4 years now and this has got to be the worst handled change I've seen. No communication, no idea what's going on. Changes cancelled but charged for, no response to emails, no communication of any issues. I didn't really think twice about signing up for another 12 month contract but if this is the future of exetel, i think I'll pass.
What question is it you are having so much trouble getting an answer to?

You say you have been charged for something that was not provided - please provide the details of what that was and I'll get it fixed for you.

mycle

Post by mycle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:17 am

the story so far:
- Applied for a change to Special2 through the Members Facilities. Also applied for Cap19 for my wife's phone.
- Got confirmation email for the mobile portion as an HSPA plan 'CAP-SPECIAL 2' and Cap19 for my wife.
- Sent email wondering why there was no confirmation of the ADSL portion and no indication in the Members Facilities of a change and was told it was fine.
- Got charged the $20 SIM fees and received the SIMs
- Tried to activate the SIMs on Friday afternoon which then showed as 'Pending'.
- Still 'Pending' Saturday morning so sent email to provisioning and got no response.
- Sent another email Monday asking about it as the Cap19 was still 'Pending' and all evidence of the Special2 plan change had disappeared from the HSPA pages and the application change page showed the SIM status as 'Service Has Been Deactivated'
- Got email yesterday telling me the Cap19 was activated with no mention of the Special2 so replied and asked for status on that.
- Got email today saying Special2 was rejected and I should submit a plan change through the website (which was what I did in the first place)
- Rang Provisioning and got told that there was a system problem and you can't change plans to the Special2 plan and the sales person who took my order might have done something wrong - strange as there was no salesperson, I did the whole thing through the website. Apparently someone is looking into it and will get back to me.

So I paid $20 for a SIM for a service that was rejected and getting anything out of provisioning was like pulling teeth and I got a different stories (or no response) each time.