New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Post by Dazzled » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:51 pm

There has been a bit of discussion about this lately. In a nutshell, it's because Exetel is passing on a reduced cost negotiation from the carrier, who has stipulated new connections for this price. Similar events have occurred before and old hands will remember similar discussions.

This thread is a touch old and I'd like it to go to sleep again; could we continue any discussion in a current thread, eg viewtopic.php?f=303&t=40509? James has already stated Exetel's position there.

Harpgirl09

Post by Harpgirl09 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:09 pm

I'm wondering if I'm in the right place :oops: - as a long term, existing and loyal customer, I'm currently on a Plan Type: T20-1 ( with Telephone); Monthly Access Charge: $42.50; Network Provider: Telstra Wholesale; Download Limit (Mbyte): 75GB; Excess Download: Speed Shaping to 1024/384 kbps; Service Line Speed: ADSL2+ **

I'm thinking of a move to the AAPT1 service - $34.50 75GB with unlimited 'off-peak' [plus telephone @ $25 line rental + calls]. :)

The disparity is in the cost and offer's available to me... value for money - or simply access to a range of plans [at present there are only the 2 x AAPT services]. :|

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:21 pm

I'm wondering if I'm in the right place :oops: - as a long term, existing and loyal customer, I'm currently on a Plan Type: T20-1 ( with Telephone); Monthly Access Charge: $42.50; Network Provider: Telstra Wholesale; Download Limit (Mbyte): 75GB; Excess Download: Speed Shaping to 1024/384 kbps; Service Line Speed: ADSL2+ **

I'm thinking of a move to the AAPT1 service - $34.50 75GB with unlimited 'off-peak' [plus telephone @ $25 line rental + calls]. :)

The disparity is in the cost and offer's available to me... value for money - or simply access to a range of plans [at present there are only the 2 x AAPT services]. :|
Hi

Can you kindly PM your service number to residentialsales@exetel.com.au in order to check exchange availability.

Kind Regards

Nicoler

roysto

Post by roysto » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Has any of the long term customers (and I have been around since the beginning) got a problem not being offereded the same bundles being offered to new customers ? When ever I make an inquiry I get the run around as to we're working on it.
For those who haven't seen the new plans go to the web page without logging in and see the difference. Loyalty?

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:53 pm

roysto wrote:Has any of the long term customers (and I have been around since the beginning) got a problem not being offereded the same bundles being offered to new customers ? When ever I make an inquiry I get the run around as to we're working on it.
For those who haven't seen the new plans go to the web page without logging in and see the difference. Loyalty?
Yes, I also have the same "problem", but from what I can gather, the deal with the wholesaler is for *NEW* customers only. It's not so much that Exetel doesn't want to pass on the same plans to us, it's that they can't.

That being said, I don't feel Exetel have really just come out and said that (so maybe I'm wrong). And in the past, the "new" plans have always filtered down to existing customers. Except this time.

flabdablet

Post by flabdablet » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:26 pm

For what it's worth, just fifteen minutes ago I found I was able to switch from TCV20-REGION-200 at $79.50 for phone line rental plus 200GB of ADSL2+ downloads per month, to Unlimited Broadband Regional at $79.99/month for phone line rental plus completely unmetered ADSL2+. This is the same deal currently offered via the front page to new Telstra Wholesale regional customers, so it looks like the negotiating team has indeed been "working on it".

Nicely done, Exetel - much appreciated.

geoffyboy

Post by geoffyboy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:38 am

Hello.

I have been looking at changing my adsl plan and adding homephone with exetel. I am currently with Telstra.

My question is, Am I able to get the $9.99/mth - Unlimited local and National call addon that is available for new sign ups.

I recently signed my parents up to this and it looks like a good easy to manage plan.

Thanks in advance.
Geoff

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:15 pm

Hello.

I have been looking at changing my adsl plan and adding homephone with exetel. I am currently with Telstra.

My question is, Am I able to get the $9.99/mth - Unlimited local and National call addon that is available for new sign ups.

I recently signed my parents up to this and it looks like a good easy to manage plan.

Thanks in advance.
Geoff
Hi Geoff,

Kindly PM your service number in order to assist you further.

Kind Regard

Nicole

claytonm

Post by claytonm » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Coming up for plan renewal time in a month for my Exetel service and was wondering if Exetel have any plan changes in the works? Would be good to see a 250GB plan for around $20 a month plus phone line rental on top.

Regards
Clayton

natashaf
Exetel Staff

Post by natashaf » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi Clayton,

Kindly PM your service number in order to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Natasha F

Conduit

Post by Conduit » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi ,
I've just been looking at Exetels home page where it says -
"This is our most popular bundle plan.
With 100GB ADSL2+ download allowance
and phone line for $39.99/mth including
anytime downloads, free uploads, free public
static IP address and a 12 month contract!

Total min. cost of $537.87 on 12 month contract.
Includes $59.99 line activation fee. Available subject to qualification."

however when I click Order Now and go to the next page , it seems to be $39.99/mth PLUS $20 line rental plus activation of $99 giving Total min. cost $878.87 .
On that same page there is a big orange banner which again states "Cheap ADSL broadband bundles
Looking for cheap ADSL bundle plans? Our most popular plan gives you 100GB
anytime downloads and phone line for just $39.99/mth"

Am I reading it wrong or is it misleading ?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Could you kindly PM the address that you are looking to get the service on or if you have an active telephone number please PM the full telephone number so that I could confirm the pricing.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Conduit wrote:Hi ,
I've just been looking at Exetels home page where it says -
"This is our most popular bundle plan.
With 100GB ADSL2+ download allowance
and phone line for $39.99/mth including
anytime downloads, free uploads, free public
static IP address and a 12 month contract!

Total min. cost of $537.87 on 12 month contract.
Includes $59.99 line activation fee. Available subject to qualification."

however when I click Order Now and go to the next page , it seems to be $39.99/mth PLUS $20 line rental plus activation of $99 giving Total min. cost $878.87 .
On that same page there is a big orange banner which again states "Cheap ADSL broadband bundles
Looking for cheap ADSL bundle plans? Our most popular plan gives you 100GB
anytime downloads and phone line for just $39.99/mth"

Am I reading it wrong or is it misleading ?

It's $19.99 in metro, $29.99 in outer metro, and $39.99 in regional.

Conduit

Post by Conduit » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks James , it would be a good idea if that bit of information was made clear on Exetels' website .

an Sealgair

Post by an Sealgair » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:30 pm

About the new (June 2015) plans available to users in the member facilities, the two lower plans are peak/off-peak. Is there a definition somewhere of what the peak and off-peak periods are with these plans?