New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
oldie1954

Re: Pro-rata refund at cancellation.

Post by oldie1954 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:28 pm

My changing from Exetel to Spintel has got me thinking about how Pro-rata is calculated on a plan of 100GB.

There's no definition in the T&C. Only mentions pro-rata in 12.8 (c).

So, the question: is pro-rata on the number of days, or the amount of data used?

The plan I'm on is for 100GB/month. If I've only used 50GB at c/o, but it's the end of the month do I get 50% of my ADSL fee back?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:58 pm

oldie1954 wrote:My changing from Exetel to Spintel has got me thinking about how Pro-rata is calculated on a plan of 100GB.

There's no definition in the T&C. Only mentions pro-rata in 12.8 (c).

So, the question: is pro-rata on the number of days, or the amount of data used?

The plan I'm on is for 100GB/month. If I've only used 50GB at c/o, but it's the end of the month do I get 50% of my ADSL fee back?
Pro Rata is for the number of days. The amount of data provided will be different when on pro rata basis.

If you have been prorated for 15 days of a 30 day month you will receive only 50% of the usage data. Your charge will also be prorated to that amount in such a situation.

However please note that these apply only in the event of pro-rata applying to your service.

And no this does not mean you will receive 50% of your rental back if you use 50% of your data in normal (not prorated) month as the rental is fixed for that particular month.

oldie1954

Post by oldie1954 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:18 pm

angelos wrote:Pro Rata is for the number of days. The amount of data provided will be different when on pro rata basis.

If you have been prorated for 15 days of a 30 day month you will receive only 50% of the usage data. Your charge will also be prorated to that amount in such a situation.

However please note that these apply only in the event of pro-rata applying to your service.

And no this does not mean you will receive 50% of your rental back if you use 50% of your data in normal (not prorated) month as the rental is fixed for that particular month.
I appreciate your answer, but where is this written, in the T&C or any agreement made?

oldie1954

Post by oldie1954 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:11 am

oldie1954 wrote:I appreciate your answer, but where is this written, in the T&C or any agreement made?
The point is now moot (or "mute" as a workmate once said :) ): I have been changed to Spintel. I recieved an email from them this morning.

Strangely, the c/o didn't even cause the modem to disconnect. I was still connected to Exetel when I woke up.

I put new login details, restarted the modem, and it connected to Spintel. Not at all what I expected.

Many thanks Exetel & goodbye.

EDIT: My line speed (Billion 7800N) is now 10037 kbps, before that it was 8400 kbps. I didn't change any SNR settings, been about the same for at least 3 weeks. Maybe Spintel use a thicker wire at the exchange!!

ItalianRoo

Re: New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Post by ItalianRoo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:11 pm

:oops: Am not very happy person in this moment too. :cry: So for this after fews years as Exetel customer am change provider.Not fair but happen.Maeby Exetel want it happen to reduce some customers who user too much bandwich too many downloads. So want limit and keep only rich happy customer with low bandwich. :!: