Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
blinddog

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by blinddog » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:17 pm

I also have the email - I am on plan Z/1500 which has 24gig peak - 36 off peak. Is this going up $10 dollars? Looking at ADSL1 only plans - if I change to T1.5-30, that is $50/mth. The same price as my existing plan - or is T1.5-30 going up in price as well and the website not updated to reflect this?

ronald

Post by ronald » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm on the ONA plan now, naked ADSL2+ with 10GB peak download for $43/month.
In the member facilities, the only plans offered to me under "Change Service" are those with telephone service bundled in and 200GB download starting at $60 per month and coming with a fresh 12 month contract period. Is there nothing more similar to what I'm currently on anymore, as in a naked plan with a moderate download allowance?
As I posted earlier in another discussion, I'd be happy for my off-peak quota to be seriously reduced but I'm not so happy about having to pay more for services I don't make much use of.

Thanks,

Ronald

davemgraham

Post by davemgraham » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:28 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:A January Exetel Customer news letter has been sent to all Exetel customers earlier today advising of a $10.00 price increase per month on all customer plans that are out of contract.
Disagree - nowhere in the Customer news letter does it state "advising of a $10.00 price increase per month on all customer plans that are out of contract"

The only place it even mentions "out of contract" is here,
We have had to allow for a higher average usage per customer and, much more impacting, the fact that the original 'sign on bonuses' provided by the carrier have long since been 'amortised' and therefore the cost of each of the out of contract plans has effectively risen.
So the forum states it's only out of contract, but the newsletter doesn't - which is it guys???

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:37 pm

blinddog wrote:I also have the email - I am on plan Z/1500 which has 24gig peak - 36 off peak. Is this going up $10 dollars? Looking at ADSL1 only plans - if I change to T1.5-30, that is $50/mth. The same price as my existing plan - or is T1.5-30 going up in price as well and the website not updated to reflect this?
The T1.5 plans are the new versions of the Telstra back haul network 1500 plans - they are new (1/1/11) plans.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:41 pm

davemgraham wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:A January Exetel Customer news letter has been sent to all Exetel customers earlier today advising of a $10.00 price increase per month on all customer plans that are out of contract.
Disagree - nowhere in the Customer news letter does it state "advising of a $10.00 price increase per month on all customer plans that are out of contract"

The only place it even mentions "out of contract" is here,
We have had to allow for a higher average usage per customer and, much more impacting, the fact that the original 'sign on bonuses' provided by the carrier have long since been 'amortised' and therefore the cost of each of the out of contract plans has effectively risen.
So the forum states it's only out of contract, but the newsletter doesn't - which is it guys???
All out of contract plans will increase $10.00 in monthly cost from 1/2/2011.

A customer can elect to stay on their current plan at that increased cost, move to a current plan on their user facilities before midnight on 31st January 2011or move away to another provider who better meets their needs before the end of January.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:44 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
nihonjin wrote:
2) Optus mobiles = any Optus mobile number irrespective of re-seller.

Sorry i must be stupid but i still dont fully understand. Lets say my wife is a virgin, customer (i was never very good at punctuation) and virgin are a reseller on the optus network if i was to call her on one of these new naked plans would this be a free call under the T&C of free calls to optus mobiles.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:47 pm

imaximax1 wrote:I went to check out the:

"Special Offer For "Naked" ADSL2 Upgrade To Bundled ADSL2 With Telephone Service"

in members facilities. I havnt been active in the forums, but what happened to naked? is it not worth it anymore? i cant even change to another naked plan, i can either pay $60 (10$ extra to stay on my plan) OR change to a bundle plan for the same price and lose my 12-hour off peak. (to a 10-hour off peak, which is no real difference)

is there any 'new' naked plans being offered?? or am i missing something?
The cost difference (to Exetel) for a 'naked' port compared to a 'full service' port is around $3.00. At that difference the disadvantages, to the end user, of offering such a service make no sense.

As the calls to local, national and Optus mobiles are free on the new plans they offer a more sensible service than VoIP calls at 10 cents each.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:48 pm

nihonjin wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
nihonjin wrote:

Sorry i must be stupid but i still dont fully understand. Lets say my wife is a virgin, customer (i was never very good at punctuation) and virgin are a reseller on the optus network if i was to call her on one of these new naked plans would this be a free call under the T&C of free calls to optus mobiles.

Such a call would be at no charge.

trev

Post by trev » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Currently on the "old" 5Gb/unlimited $30 plan with 50c/Gb excess
The nearest "new" one is the 30Gb/180Gb $45 plan with $1/Gb excess

I guess I'll stay on the old plan which, even with the $10 increase, will be $60 cheaper/year. So thanks for that option!

Just one question, if I did change to the new plan, would the $3 account administration charge remain? (I couldn't see any mention of it in the new plan descriptions).

wilsonch_98

Post by wilsonch_98 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Dear Exetel,

May I recommend that any newsletter be triple read by staff and management to make sure all the information is included before being sent out? I feel outraged when I first read the newsletter from my email account and thought I would be affected even though I just signed up to a new contract couple months ago. Now I am relived (after reading this post from the forum) to know that this only affect out of contract customers who are not on the current plans.

I truly want Exetel to excel and run a sustainable business, but newsletter confusion that happens again and again must be hurting the business in someway. If the forum is the final authority, then the disclaimer on the top of the forum should be updated to refect that post by "ForumAdmin" would constitute "offical" Exetel position.

Wilson

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:08 pm

trev wrote:Currently on the "old" 5Gb/unlimited $30 plan with 50c/Gb excess
The nearest "new" one is the 30Gb/180Gb $45 plan with $1/Gb excess

I guess I'll stay on the old plan which, even with the $10 increase, will be $60 cheaper/year. So thanks for that option!

Just one question, if I did change to the new plan, would the $3 account administration charge remain? (I couldn't see any mention of it in the new plan descriptions).
No - there is no separate administration charge on the new plans.

doulamum

Post by doulamum » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Ok so I'm a little confused - I'll blame it on a late night.
I'm not sure if I'm still a contract or not? This is what my plan details say...
Service Activation Date: 2009-06-29
Contract Period: 6 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2009-12-29
Renew Contract Date: 2010-11-01
Renew Contract Period: 6 Months
Renew Contract End Date: 2011-05-01

So does that mean the $10 a month increase affects me? Or am I still on contract until May?
Alos, if I decide to switch to another exetel plan, will there be a fee for doing so?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:12 pm

wilsonch_98 wrote:Dear Exetel,

May I recommend that any newsletter be triple read by staff and management to make sure all the information is included before being sent out? I feel outraged when I first read the newsletter from my email account and thought I would be affected even though I just signed up to a new contract couple months ago. Now I am relived (after reading this post from the forum) to know that this only affect out of contract customers who are not on the current plans.

I truly want Exetel to excel and run a sustainable business, but newsletter confusion that happens again and again must be hurting the business in someway. If the forum is the final authority, then the disclaimer on the top of the forum should be updated to reflect that posts by "ForumAdmin" would constitute an "official" Exetel position.

Wilson
Sad to say then it was 'proof read' by all of Exetel's directors ans senior management. before being sent out.

You will not be receiving the foreshadowed email that will be sent to out of contract Exetel customers tomorrow or or Monday.

ronald

Post by ronald » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:14 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: 1) There are three plans that include free local, national and calls to Optus mobiles.

1)
a) Which plans are that?
b) Does this apply to the OCV200 plans?
c) Where can I find more information on those beyond the table under "Change Service" in the member facilities?

2) Is there any way for me to determine for a given mobile number which network it is registered on, before making the call? (Other than asking the person I'm about to call.)
Last edited by ronald on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:16 pm

doulamum wrote:Ok so I'm a little confused - I'll blame it on a late night.
I'm not sure if I'm still a contract or not? This is what my plan details say...
Service Activation Date: 2009-06-29
Contract Period: 6 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2009-12-29
Renew Contract Date: 2010-11-01
Renew Contract Period: 6 Months
Renew Contract End Date: 2011-05-01

1) So does that mean the $10 a month increase affects me? Or am I still on contract until May?
2) Also, if I decide to switch to another exetel plan, will there be a fee for doing so?
1) You will not receive the advice that your current, in contract, plan is changing in price.

2) There will be no plan change charge if you sign up to change plans and start a new contract term.