Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Locked
mark4323
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:30 pm

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by mark4323 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:03 pm

trev wrote:Currently on the "old" 5Gb/unlimited $30 plan with 50c/Gb excess
The nearest "new" one is the 30Gb/180Gb $45 plan with $1/Gb excess

I guess I'll stay on the old plan which, even with the $10 increase, will be $60 cheaper/year. So thanks for that option!

Just one question, if I did change to the new plan, would the $3 account administration charge remain? (I couldn't see any mention of it in the new plan descriptions).
I'm on the same plan, which perfectly suits me. It's disappointing that Exetel are ignoring the 'light' to 'normal' use (as defined by Whirlpool). I have been with Exetel for many years, lots of ups and downs and plan changes! But, paying $40 for a 5Gb plan is not competitive at all, and looking at Whirlpool I can get much better value elsewhere....

HyRax
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:03 am
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by HyRax » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:30 pm

I need to get some clarification here which I am unable to find answers from the Newsletter or the Plans page.

First, it appears that the ADSL2 plans that are on offer to out-of-contract members no longer offer Naked services. The table of new plan options indicates that line rental is included in the cost. Can I just get a firm word that $60 per month on the OCV200 plan is just that - $60 a month? No extra line rental? Yes, it's pedantic to ask, but I just don't want any surprises.

Secondly, the new plans offer 200GB per month without any apparent distinction of peak and off-peak limits. I currently have a 90GB peak limit and Unlimited off-peak limit. For the cost of an extra $10 (total $75 a month for my current "old" plan), wouldn't I be better off simply staying where I am to enjoy the unlimited off-peak, or am I missing something here?

Finally, if we choose a new plan, are we actually locked into a new 12 month contract?
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off...

nandonumber9
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by nandonumber9 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi,

I'm most likely going to be taking advantage of the OCV200/19 plan, if i do indeed go down this route will the sim for the mobile cap plan be sent out within days and be pro rata billed for the first month or will it be sent and become active at the start of February?

Edi: Also, what is the charge for disconnecting the service should i have to move within the new 12 month period?

BTW i see you are copping a bit of flak here, but as i was paying $60 for Naked i think it's great that for the same money i can now get free line rental and for another tenner the capped mobile plan.

Good stuff Exetel!
Last edited by nandonumber9 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MikeW
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Melb

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by MikeW » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:34 pm


Perhaps then you need to discontinue to offer large employers plans that offer 'discounted' offerings as there are now none.
I don't understand what you are saying.

The B plans are not intended for 'large employers' - they are intended for small businesses.
You offer discounted plans to a bank XXX ('Work Life XXX') but have advised those on them their plan will go up by $10 and will then be the same as a ordinary resi customer on say OT30. Current plan is INC2DSL C1.

Therefore there are no current benefits to a Corporate plan - right?

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:39 pm

MikeW wrote:

Perhaps then you need to discontinue to offer large employers plans that offer 'discounted' offerings as there are now none.
I don't understand what you are saying.

The B plans are not intended for 'large employers' - they are intended for small businesses.
You offer discounted plans to a bank XXX ('Work Life XXX') but have advised those on them their plan will go up by $10 and will then be the same as a ordinary resi customer on say OT30. Current plan is INC2DSL C1.

Therefore there are no current benefits to a Corporate plan - right?
I am unaware of any changes to NAB's employee plans but I cannot comment on such confidential arrangements in a public forum.

MikeW
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Melb

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by MikeW » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:39 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
MikeW wrote:

Perhaps then you need to discontinue to offer large employers plans that offer 'discounted' offerings as there are now none.
I don't understand what you are saying.

The B plans are not intended for 'large employers' - they are intended for small businesses.
You offer discounted plans to a bank XXX ('Work Life XXX') but have advised those on them their plan will go up by $10 and will then be the same as a ordinary resi customer on say OT30. Current plan is INC2DSL C1.

Therefore there are no current benefits to a Corporate plan - right?
I am unaware of any changes to NAB's employee plans but I cannot comment on such confidential arrangements in a public forum.
I can confirm as the email has come through. EDIT - if you have more than one service how do you know which service the email attaches to as this email might be for the other service....
Last edited by MikeW on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tulett
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:48 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by tulett » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Mandella wrote:The primary reason for me to go Naked and port my Telstra number to voip was to be able to carry my phone number with me when travelling.
When going with the suggested change I'd need to forward (redirect) the reinstated pstn to a new Exetel voip number.

Question 1: How much is forwarding from a pstn to a voip number.
Question 2: Can I get a new pstn so I can keep my current arrangement on the existing ported voip number?
1). It is free, all national PSTN landline calls are free. A VOIP DID is a landline call.

2). I think you will need to port your current VOIP DID (your old Tel$tra number) to your new PSTN service, and get a new VOIP DID.

If you have an Exetel/Optus mobile you will be able to forward all calls to your mobile free of charge, as Optus PSTN calls to Exetel mobiles are free under the new OCV plans.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:41 pm

nandonumber9 wrote:Hi,

I'm most likely going to be taking advantage of the OCV200/19 plan,

1)if i do indeed go down this route will the sim for the mobile cap plan be sent out within days and be pro rata billed for the first month or will it be sent and become active at the start of February?

2) BTW i see you are copping a bit of flak here, but as i was paying $60 for Naked i think it's great that for the same money i can now get free line rental and for another tenner the capped mobile plan.

Good stuff Exetel!
1) The sim will be sent the day after you apply for the service.

2) I agree - the replacement 'naked' plans are excellent value and totally in those customers best interests.

tulett
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:48 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by tulett » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:49 pm

tulett wrote:
Mandella wrote:The primary reason for me to go Naked and port my Telstra number to voip was to be able to carry my phone number with me when travelling.
When going with the suggested change I'd need to forward (redirect) the reinstated pstn to a new Exetel voip number.

Question 1: How much is forwarding from a pstn to a voip number.
Question 2: Can I get a new pstn so I can keep my current arrangement on the existing ported voip number?
1). It is free, all national PSTN landline calls are free. A VOIP DID is a landline call.

2). I think you will need to port your current VOIP DID (your old Tel$tra number) to your new PSTN service, and get a new VOIP DID.

If you have an Exetel/Optus mobile you will be able to forward all calls to your mobile free of charge, as Optus PSTN calls to Exetel mobiles are free under the new OCV plans.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Having thought about this, as I singed up for the OCV plan yesterday, I should also get an Exetel mobile (I didn't, but I can), forward all PSTN calls to the mobile, and just give out my PSTN number which will always go to my mobile at no cost to me. No-one would ever need to call my mobile number again. Seems like a win/win to me.

Of course, this assumes that call forwarding is treated the same as making a call. Is this correct?

MikeW
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Melb

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by MikeW » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:04 pm

So if you have 2 ADSL services using the same email details how do you work out which service the email relates to if both services are out of contract?

tulett
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:48 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by tulett » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:12 pm

MikeW wrote:So if you have 2 ADSL services using the same email details how do you work out which service the email relates to if both services are out of contract?
I would have thought it will apply to both.

Do you want an identical second email?

Of course, it would be more confusing if you had one in contract and one out.

Ravenous
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:44 pm
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by Ravenous » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:22 pm

MikeW wrote:So if you have 2 ADSL services using the same email details how do you work out which service the email relates to if both services are out of contract?
The last notification, in regards to PSTN tarif increases, the affected service number was in the subject line (i.e. "Bundled ADSL2 + Wireline Telephone Service - 0123456789"). I assume it will be the same deal this time round.
Last edited by Ravenous on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeW
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Melb

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by MikeW » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:23 pm

tulett wrote:
MikeW wrote:So if you have 2 ADSL services using the same email details how do you work out which service the email relates to if both services are out of contract?
I would have thought it will apply to both.

Do you want an identical second email?

Of course, it would be more confusing if you had one in contract and one out.
Would have thought a script would have produced the service number but no.....Unfortunately one is ADSL2 and the other ADSL1. The options for both are quite different both within Exetel and outside so would be good to get the right service to make the right decision.

MikeW
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: Melb

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by MikeW » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Ravenous wrote:
MikeW wrote:So if you have 2 ADSL services using the same email details how do you work out which service the email relates to if both services are out of contract?
The last notification, in regards to PSTN tarif increases, the affected service number was in the subject line (i.e. "Bundled ADSL2 + Wireline Telephone Service - 0123456789"). I assume it will be the same deal this time round.
Nope. It's more like a newletter with bad news.

Ravenous
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:44 pm
Location: Brisbane, Qld

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by Ravenous » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Please read this post

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37427&start=30#p285598
... email that will be sent to out of contract Exetel customers tomorrow or or Monday.

Locked