Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
paulp
Exetel Staff

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:59 am

Hello Trk,
Should I be emailing someone specific at Exetel to provide the porting details? It doesnt appear on the form in the members section - I assume because any eligible plan should be a naked line and thus wouldnt have a number to port.
Please email paulp@exetel.com.au with all your details and I'll confirm that the line is portable, and if so what we can do.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Ben,
Hi,

Regarding these new plans, I'm currently in contract on Naked ONBW. Whilst I realise I don't have to change plans until I'm out of contract I'd like to move to the $60 one. I've tried to do this in the member facilities however when I click on the apply button for the corresponding plan I just get a message saying 'You cannot view details' and nothing else.

Is this a glitch or am I unable to move until I'm out of contract?

Thanks,
Ben
We have fixed this issue. Please try this now. Otherwise, please PM me and I'll have a look at the issue.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:25 am

Hi,
I'll ask again as still not clear.

Have two services both out of contract. One is a Corporate plan (ADSL2) 'INC2DSL C1' and the other ADSL1 'NF/512' across two different service numbers but both attached to the same email address. How do I confirm that the email received re: $10 increase applies to both or only one service?

thanks
The service number (and indeed product you have) should be shown in the email you've been sent.

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:27 am

paulp wrote:Hi,
I'll ask again as still not clear.

Have two services both out of contract. One is a Corporate plan (ADSL2) 'INC2DSL C1' and the other ADSL1 'NF/512' across two different service numbers but both attached to the same email address. How do I confirm that the email received re: $10 increase applies to both or only one service?

thanks
The service number (and indeed product you have) should be shown in the email you've been sent.
Should be but isn't...No point posting the whole email but there is absolutely no reference to the service number or service in the newsletter.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:39 am

Sorry Mike,

For Generic newsletter that's not the case. In the past when making specific plan change announcements we've done this. In this case, it was included within the monthly newsletter.

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:51 am

paulp wrote:Sorry Mike,

For Generic newsletter that's not the case. In the past when making specific plan change announcements we've done this. In this case, it was included within the monthly newsletter.
So, the generic newsletter means what for us? Will there be a specific email that comes out clarifying the service/s that are impacted?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:04 pm

MikeW wrote:I'll ask again as still not clear.

thanks
ForumAdmin said earlier in this thread* that business services are not affected. As far as I understand, the affected services are those that satisfy the following criteria:
1) residential service
2) ADSL or ADSL2 service
3) out of contract

Gidget
* read through the first few pages, I believe the post was early on
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:06 pm

MikeW wrote:Will there be a specific email that comes out clarifying the service/s that are impacted?
Yes. ForumAdmin alluded that official (non newsletter) emails will be sent throughout January detailing the affected services.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

dtn22

Post by dtn22 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 pm

HI,

I have just recently change my plan to OTLA start of this month, do i also get charge $10?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:45 pm

dtn22 wrote:I have just recently change my plan to OTLA start of this month, do i also get charge $10?
Only out of contract customers are affected.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

vlvl

Post by vlvl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:20 pm

I am currently on:
Plan Type: D/21NOTEL
Monthly Access Charge: $40.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 5000
Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited

The option to upgrade to the new plan at a 50% cost increase and losing my unlimited off-peak (12:00am - 12:00pm) is not very attractive. It would be far more attractive if an off-peak period with a substantial allowance e.g., 180 GB was added to the plan on offer.
The inclusion of free calling of 13/1300 numbers would also be very welcome.
It would be nice to see more options, e.g., an unlimited plan including telephone line rental, which was previously offered by Exetel for $58 but now just recently removed, but still currently being offered by TPG for $59.99.
Last edited by vlvl on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ajhoward

Post by ajhoward » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:51 pm

My contract ends in March this year, if I go to another provider will I charged the exit fee?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:55 pm

ajhoward wrote:My contract ends in March this year, if I go to another provider will I charged the exit fee?
If you exit prior to March, then I'd assume so. After all, that is what a contract is. But if you schedule the exit for the last day of your contract, you'll avoid both the exit fee and the increased monthly charges. Email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to confirm exactly what date you should use to effect such an exit.

d5.lam

Post by d5.lam » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:36 pm

trk wrote: Exetel Cons:
...the plan will likely change 14 times before the contract ends, have the price upped and lowered 6 times, and there'll be 32 other plans offered in the meantime that I'll "have to" think about swapping to.
hahaha sorry i thought this was funny so had to quote it. but believe me i am a happy customer so no pokes.
MikeW wrote: So, the generic newsletter means what for us? Will there be a specific email that comes out clarifying the service/s that are impacted?

Yeah i am waiting for the specific ones too. I believe it will be out soon as told by forumadmin earlier in the thread.
vlvl wrote:I am currently on:
Plan Type: D/21NOTEL
Monthly Access Charge: $40.00
$40!? i am on same one but it is $45!

At first the new price increase wasn't very welcomed but i guess free unlimted calls may be worth it(with minus of $3 admin fee and further $10 to stay on grandfathered). I wouldn't mind peak and offpeaks too if it would save more bucks, but I've seldom used 60gb in the past 8months anyway.

Free calls to optus mobile = no connect fee too right?

Lastly moving to OCV200 plan I am going to implement both PSTN and VOIP for calls. As stated this is not an issue. However will I be able to keep my VOIP number the same as my PSTN? currently on the NF plans and have my PSTN number ported to VOIP.

Thanks!

nkav

Post by nkav » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:33 pm

I have no need for a PSTN line, I love exetel's VoIP service & the flexibility that comes with it.
Can i switch my plan to the A30 for $45 a month which is comparable to the current service i have on the ONB plan? I cannot see this plan on my 'change service' page