Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 pm

ajhoward wrote:My contract ends in March this year, if I go to another provider will I charged the exit fee?
If you terminate your contract within the contract period then you will be charged the ETC of $100.00 becsuse you have breached the conditions of your contract.

Why would you end your contract within its required period?

dalek

Post by dalek » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:46 pm

I've been off contract for several years now, so to avoid having to go back on to a contract and avoid a further $10/mo I need to pay $40?

I only just changed plans in the last 2 months (OTB->OTAA) and paid a change of plan fee.. obviously I would have waited had I known this was coming.

The plan change fee hardly seems fair - can you please consider waving this fee for long time customers or customers who have paid to change plans in say the last 6 months?

~vjay~

Post by ~vjay~ » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Without reading through 14 pages to get my answer...

This is the first email I've gotten and I'm quoting here...
Dear *****************,

Following the news letter advice that was sent to you on 1st January 2011 this is a follow up advice of the fact that your current, out of contract, ADSL plan will increase in price from 1st February 2011 by $10.00 if you take no action. The two actions available to you are:

1. Change From Your Discontinued Plan To A Current Plan

Please go to your Exetel User Facilities and look at the current Exetel plans available to you.

If one of these plans is more suitable than your current plan will be when its monthly cost to you increases by $10.00 on 1st February 2010 then use the form on the User Facilities to apply for the new plan which will come in to effect on 1st February 2011.
According to my account I am locked in for another 5 months. What's going on here?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:57 pm

dalek wrote: The plan change fee hardly seems fair - can you please consider waving this fee for long time customers or customers who have paid to change plans in say the last 6 months?
it has been mentioned already that the fee will be dropped, just hasn't happened yet, give it a day or so

Mulder

Post by Mulder » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:03 pm

I too do not wish to troll through 14 pages.
I have been with exetel since 2004. I have been out of contract since then.
I changed my plan last month to a new plan that took effect on Jan the 1st this month (Yes I started a new plan 4 days ago)
I got the letter today saying I will be charged an extra $10 if I dont change again or go on a plan. WTF??
I just changed plans and now I have to change plans again just 4 days after my new plan took effect?
That is madness.
Now I paid the extra $20 for my new plan just so I didnt have to go on a contract and now Im being told I will hvae to select a contract plan or pay extra again. You got my $40 instead of $20 and now my plan will increase by $10 if I dont select again?
I have been with exetel for over 6 years I think that is loyalty.
So do I have to select a new plan or what. YOu lot would have know this last month when I said I would go on the new plan so why do this to me?
David

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:07 pm

~vjay~ wrote:Without reading through 14 pages to get my answer...

This is the first email I've gotten and I'm quoting here...
Dear *****************,

Following the news letter advice that was sent to you on 1st January 2011 this is a follow up advice of the fact that your current, out of contract, ADSL plan will increase in price from 1st February 2011 by $10.00 if you take no action. The two actions available to you are:

According to my account I am locked in for another 5 months. What's going on here?
Hi ~vjay~

I've referred this to Exetel for you.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

ash.wednesday

Post by ash.wednesday » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Can someone please confirm if the new OCV200 plan will continue at the current speeds I am using? It doesn't say anything about speeds on the "Change Service" page... And also is the 200GB monthly quota for downloads only or do uploads count towards that as well?

Thanks

hkg

Post by hkg » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:15 pm

My current plan 'T1500-A' started in 1 December 2010, i.e. one month + a couple of days ago. It's a brand new plan, it only became available last month.

I just received the "$10 for being out of contract" email.

Don't you start another 6 month contract each time you change plans?

It's a brand new plan; does this $10 fee really affect me, or was the email sent to me by mistake??

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:17 pm

ash.wednesday wrote:Can someone please confirm if the new OCV200 plan will continue at the current speeds I am using? It doesn't say anything about speeds on the "Change Service" page... And also is the 200GB monthly quota for downloads only or do uploads count towards that as well?

Thanks
The OCV200 plan is an ADSL2 plan. If you are currently on an ADSL2 plan your speed will not change. The 200 GB monthly quota is downloads only, Exetel does not count uploads (except for Wireless/HSPA services).

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:24 pm

hkg wrote:Don't you start another 6 month contract each time you change plans?
In most cases, only if you elect to do so at the time you change plans. Check your User Facilities (Manage Services -> ADSL) to see your current plan details and contract end date. This is the direct link to the relevant page, but you need to be logged in first.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

hkg

Post by hkg » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Gidget wrote:
hkg wrote:Don't you start another 6 month contract each time you change plans?
In most cases, only if you elect to do so at the time you change plans. Check your User Facilities (Manage Services -> ADSL) to see your current plan details and contract end date. This is the direct link to the relevant page, but you need to be logged in first.

Gidget
Thanks for your help Gidget.

I don't recall there being an option to opt into a new contract, but it appears that I'm out of contract after all:
Your ADSL Account Plan Details wrote: Service Activation Date: 2007-02-20
Contract Period: 6 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2007-08-20
Forcing a $10 increase 2 months into a new plan is mind blowing.

Pauldos!

Post by Pauldos! » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:34 pm

I switched to exetel in the first place because I had no need for a landline.

The new plans include a landline, which bI don't want.

Do I HAVE to have the landline?

meltea

Post by meltea » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:35 pm

I started a new plan on 1st Jan (a few days ago) and I was under the impression that I was signing up to a 12 month contract but it does not say anything about the 12 month contract on my current adsl plan details.

Plan Type: OT-SPECIAL 1
Monthly Access Charge: $60.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 50000
Peak Period Option: N/A
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $1.00
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): 180000
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $1.00
Service Line Speed: ADSL2+
Service Activation Date: 2008-01-18
Contract Period: 12 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2009-01-18

Does that mean that I have to change plans again even though this plan only started a few days ago, or is this just a mistake and I have actually entered a new 12 month contract.

dirtydog

Post by dirtydog » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:36 pm

why do u delete my post gidget I am here for discussion

bui

Post by bui » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:38 pm

If I take no action and allow my plan to increase by $10, does that mean I don't have to pay any plan change fees and I won't be forced into another 6 or 12 month contract? And do the $3 account administration fees still apply?