Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ronald

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by ronald » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:41 pm

autron wrote:
ronald wrote: 2) Is there any way for me to determine for a given mobile number which network it is registered on, before making the call? (Other than asking the person I'm about to call.)
There was an answer to that given earlier. There are websites like http://www.smsfun.com.au that give the network that the mobile number belongs to. However, they are not 100% accurate as people port their numbers around.
Didn't see that, thank you.
autron wrote:
3) do I understand it right that the OCV200 plans still include VoIP?
3a) do the OT plans also include VoIP?
All the plans include access to VOIP and a DID number. Whether you have a naked plan or an active landline voice service has no bearing on that.
Great if that is so. Thanks again.
autron wrote:
4) do I understand it right that the current VoIP number can/will be ported to the PSTN number for the OCV200 plan?
If the number was originally ported from your traditional phone service then it can be ported back. I don't think you can port an original VOIP only number out.
Ah, there's the catch - that service was not available when I switched to naked, but I'm assuming that I can keep my current DID then.

Thanks & Regards,

Ronald

ash.wednesday

Post by ash.wednesday » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Pauldos! wrote:I switched to exetel in the first place because I had no need for a landline.

The new plans include a landline, which bI don't want.

Do I HAVE to have the landline?
I agree. I have no use for the landline as well, regardless of how great it is and how Naked ADSL is an "insane concept". Fact of the matter is, I don't need a landline. Period. But it doesn't seem like Exetel is offering any sort of plainly Naked services at the moment. Unless something could be in the works in the coming days/weeks?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:47 pm

dirtydog wrote:why do u delete my post gidget I am here for discussion
Dirtydog

Your language and attitude are both appalling (have another read of your post I quoted in my PM to you). You can join in the discussion if you can act like an adult and observe the Forum rules. If not, you will spend some time in the sin bin, I've got better thing to do than constantly delete your petulant posts which are not adding anything to this thread.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

huvec

Post by huvec » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi,
I am currently on the INCPHONE Z plan ( out of contract). Having read the forum, I am interested in the 'Naked' plans; just have a few questions

1. Will I be able to change to it, that is if when it appears on my member facilities page? Will there be any down time to swap over?
2. Will I be able to keep my current number on the PSTN line?

Thanks

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:49 pm

bui wrote:If I take no action and allow my plan to increase by $10, does that mean I don't have to pay any plan change fees and I won't be forced into another 6 or 12 month contract? And do the $3 account administration fees still apply?
Yes to all.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

oblong

Post by oblong » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Currently:
Plan Type: NF/21BYOLINE
Monthly Access Charge: $30.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 5000
Peak Period Option: 2:00pm - 2:00am
"Admin fee": $3.

If I do nothing, then I understand the cost will go to $40.

1) Will the "admin fee" remain?
2) Will the current peak/off-peak period remain as is?
3) If I move to A30 for $45, I understand there is no "admin fee". Correct?

Thanks.

Mulder

Post by Mulder » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Plan Type: T1500-U
Monthly Access Charge: $53.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
Peak Period Option: N/A
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.00
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: N/A
Service Line Speed: 1500/256
Service Activation Date: 2004-07-14
Contract Period: 6 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2005-01-14

I would like an answer please. Im 4 days into my new plan for which I paid the extra $20 so as to NOT be on a contract. Now its going to increase $10 per month because
i didnt enter a new contract? So now you have gotten an extra $20 from me as a penalty for not entering a new contract plus you going to get $10 more per month as another penalty?
Your call centre contacted me suggesting the new plan as it was cheaper per month than the plan I was on then on the first day of my plan you up the ante. Ok so I have been misled into taking the new plan without signing a contract. If I choose anther plan on a contract are you going to refund my $20 extra I paid? Well Im getting one month of not having to be on a plan arent I? Seems a lot to pay $20 for one month.
What is Extel trying to do? Drive people away?
I have also noticed that the new plans offered give me no where near the unlimited downloads I will get to enjoy for a month. There fore if I wish to stay close to the money I spend now My downloads go from unlimited to 30Gb peak 180GB off peak. Hardly enough nor acceptable. SO now Exetel will slug me the extra $10 so I can keep my unlimited plan and not one of these pathetic limited ones.
1500kbps Down/256kbps Up
T1.5-30 $50.00 30 gbytes 180 gbytes
T1.5-60 $65.00 60 gbytes 180 gbytes
T1.5-100 $70.00 100 gbytes 180 gbytes
T1.5-200 $90.00 200 gbytes 180 gbytes

David
Last edited by Mulder on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirtydog

Post by dirtydog » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Gidget wrote:
Dirtydog

Your language and attitude are both appalling (have another read of your post I quoted in my PM to you). You can join in the discussion if you can act like an adult and observe the Forum rules. If not, you will spend some time in the sin bin, I've got better thing to do than constantly delete your petulant posts which are not adding anything to this thread.

Gidget
You deleted my first post nothing wrong with that one was there, so yes the other post are gone because I am angry and ignored. Dont lecture me I am here to vent my disappointment and have discussion

IN my first post I said This is BS" I have been a long term customer since 2006. I got a phone call the other month to go to another plan at a cost of $20 and would have to go into another contact. To me this was a pathetic offer being a long term customer, i said no. Now I have exetel holding a gun to my head saying take the deal and go into another contract or pay more a month, A attitude of like it or lump it go to another provider attitude. So what do you expect Gidget?? Of course this not a pro exetel post. I want the ombudsman details and I want this forwarded to exetel complaints department or give me their contact details. I want this post left for discussion by other members. Do i stay with exetel ? or do I change to another provider can any one in this forum help me? can some one recommend another provider??

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:10 pm

Gidget wrote:
MikeW wrote:I'll ask again as still not clear.

Have two services both out of contract. One is a Corporate plan (ADSL2) 'INC2DSL C1' and the other ADSL1 'NF/512' across two different service numbers but both attached to the same email address. How do I confirm that the email received re: $10 increase applies to both or only one service?

thanks
ForumAdmin said earlier in this thread* that business services are not affected. As far as I understand, the affected services are those that satisfy the following criteria:
1) residential service
2) ADSL or ADSL2 service
3) out of contract

Gidget
* read through the first few pages, I believe the post was early on
Having now received the email for the Corporate service this is also going up $10.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:16 pm

dirtydog wrote:
Gidget wrote:
Dirtydog

Gidget
You deleted my first post nothing wrong with that one was there, so yes the other post are gone because I am angry and ignored. Dont lecture me I am here to vent my disappointment and have discussion

IN my first post I said This is BS" I have been a long term customer since 2006. I got a phone call the other month to go to another plan at a cost of $20 and would have to go into another contact. To me this was a pathetic offer being a long term customer, i said no. Now I have exetel holding a gun to my head saying take the deal and go into another contract or pay more a month, A attitude of like it or lump it go to another provider attitude. So what do you expect Gidget?? Of course this not a pro exetel post. I want the ombudsman details and I want this forwarded to exetel complaints department or give me their contact details. I want this post left for discussion by other members. Do i stay with exetel ? or do I change to another provider can any one in this forum help me? can some one recommend another provider??
1) Your post didn't need to be pro-Exetel - it just needed to be civil - it (and the several follow-up posts) failed that test.

2) A Forum is not the place to raise a complaint about an individual service issue - if you spent less time making petulant posts and more time researching things for yourself, you would have readily found the details for both Exetel Complaints and the Ombudsman (note that you are not entitled to approach the TIO until you have tried to resolve directly with Exetel whatever complaint you think you have). You can email complaints@exetel.com.au in the first instance - and try to write in a mature, polite manner.

3) This is an Exetel User Help Forum - it is not the venue to research other ISPs - try that other well-known site.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

Jasmin Sehic

Post by Jasmin Sehic » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Can you please explain to me the benefit of changing from my AAA discontinued plan to a current plan such as A30?

I currently pay $33 a month and get 50GB peak and 180GB off-peak. To get on A30 I have to pay $45 a month to get 30GB peak and 180GB off-peak. If you give me the $10 penalty I still end up paying $2 less and get a larger download for peak time and plus I don't have to sign up in a new contract.

What is there to entice me to change anything?

Personally I don't think it is fair to force a price increase of 50% in such a short space of time. It wasn't only a few months ago that I was on $30 plan which was increased by $3 and now you want another $10/$12 more?

You have to at least give a closer alternative plan (eg. $35, $40) which we can choose from as a jump from $30 to $45 is substantial and if anything you may just lose a lot of customers from the old plans. Heck I'm even looking at other ISP's now.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:20 pm

MikeW wrote:
Gidget wrote:
MikeW wrote:I'll ask again as still not clear.

Have two services both out of contract. One is a Corporate plan (ADSL2) 'INC2DSL C1' and the other ADSL1 'NF/512' across two different service numbers but both attached to the same email address. How do I confirm that the email received re: $10 increase applies to both or only one service?

thanks
ForumAdmin said earlier in this thread* that business services are not affected. As far as I understand, the affected services are those that satisfy the following criteria:
1) residential service
2) ADSL or ADSL2 service
3) out of contract

Gidget
* read through the first few pages, I believe the post was early on
Having now received the email for the Corporate service this is also going up $10.
Hi Mike

Sorry if I misled you :oops: You might still like to query Exetel directly about this, though, in light of ForumAdmin's earlier post (unless I misinterpreted it and "corporate" doesn't equal "business").

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

sujd

Post by sujd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Is there more PAYU plans on ADSL1 being released or is 256 PAYU the only PAYU plan being released ?

aswetzel

Post by aswetzel » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 pm

I just changed plans in December to T1500-A.

We are out in the bush and do not have access to ADSL2. I have also referred people to use Exetel now you telling to move on. No one can afford $50.00 plans.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:44 pm

ash.wednesday wrote:
Pauldos! wrote:I switched to exetel in the first place because I had no need for a landline.

The new plans include a landline, which bI don't want.

Do I HAVE to have the landline?
I agree. I have no use for the landline as well, regardless of how great it is and how Naked ADSL is an "insane concept". Fact of the matter is, I don't need a landline. Period. But it doesn't seem like Exetel is offering any sort of plainly Naked services at the moment. Unless something could be in the works in the coming days/weeks?

You guys sounds like children throwing a tantrum stop and think about it. The old naked landline whilst you thought did not include a landline it did in fact include it as how else did you get adsl internet. All that happened is they removed the ability to use it as a phone line. The only difference now is that they are restoring the ability to use it as a phone line but better yet throwing in free calls. If you dont like the idea of having a phone line then dont hook a phone up to it and pretend that it is just like before as in reality it wont be any different. Personally i think that would be like cutting your nose off to spite your face as why would you continue to pay for voip calls when you get pstn calls for free. Any way its your choice and thats the beauty of it. You have a choice!