Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 pm

AusHelen wrote:I just changed plans in November and am confused as I now have to find a new plan AGAIN!
aswetzel wrote:I just changed plans in December to T1500-A.
Mulder wrote:PIm 4 days into my new plan for which I paid the extra $20 so as to NOT be on a contract. Now its going to increase $10 per month because
i didnt enter a new contract?
To all users, like those above, who very recently entered a new plan and elected the "no contract option": on the surface there seem to be merits in the arguments that you make by saying that the timing of your plan change was incredibly recent. You should seek clarification from billing@exetel.com.au or the suggestions box of your member facilities whether some sort of "grace period" can be allowed. These forums just do not have the authority to answer such queries
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:58 pm

barywhite wrote:Is there any flag fall charge incurred with these free-to-Optus-mobile calls, or is it completely free?
My interpretation is that there is no flagfall charge incurred
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

rdmarsh

Post by rdmarsh » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:59 pm

This is, quite frankly, BS.

I changed to a new plan on 2010-10-01 (OTAA), and was charged $20 to do so. I'm thought that the OTAA plan was still a very recent plan (certainly more recent that what I had previously) and wasn't available for that long when I changed to it.

Now you're telling me that that plan is old and are going to charge me more?

If you are out of contract then that is the case.

somer

Post by somer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Minnie242 wrote:
AusHelen wrote:I just changed plans in November and am confused as I now have to find a new plan AGAIN! I understand you have to increase your prices to keep up with demand, but by doing so, you will be losing a few customers. Especially those customers who are low income earners or pensioners.

I, myself, dont have time to download movies, music and play games online. I use bugger all, yet I have to pay 50 bucks for a plan that offers me 30Gb from which I will use just 2Gb. That's a waste and yet I'm still paying for other people who DO use all their usage and than some. Thanks to them, I have to cough up an extra $10,- a month. Not really fair. But that's life eh?

I can not afford this any longer as I am just a pensioner.

You have always provided a good and reliable service to me. It was that service and your low prices that attracted me to your provider. But your costs have gone up too much and my income has stayed the same. So when I get time, I will be looking around to make sure you are still offering me the best deal, but I doubt it. I'm sure there will be providers out there who can provide cheaper plans with a lower usage allowance, but with a decent speed. Decent speed = >512kb/s
i myself am in the same boat,i upgraded to a faster line speed in early November,but now i have to change plans AGAIN for about the 4th time i have been with Exetel,i am starting to lose faith in them and their stability,i don`t download heaps each month,i`d be lucky if i hit 5 Gb a month,but i am being penalised because i am a "light" user as opposed to those who download heaps every month, Like AusHelen i am also on a pension and can not afford these increases all the time,and my local exchange only supports certain ISP`s (mainly the larger ones) who charge exuberant amounts also per month,the ones that i have looked at i`ve never even heard of !! also i think it`s wrong that Exetel is forcing us to pay an extra $40 if we want to stay off contract.
Looks like there are a number of people with this problem. are there ever going to be low usage plans again? my elderly mother uses less than 1gb/month, often as low as 80mb/month as she only checks email but this is very important to her so she needs to stay connected. it becomes ridiculous to pay $45/month for 30gb peak and 180gb offpeak. is there no way to cater for users like her? i realise there are costs just to stay connected but it seems excessive to not have even one low usage plan for those users like my mother.
any suggestions for these users please?

Bowersub

Post by Bowersub » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:02 pm

*sigh*

I've been here for seven years, now.

At the start of last year, I changed to a better plan. Then it got changed. Then it got changed. Then it had a fee increase. And now again.

I've praised Exetel to everyone. I've defended them to naysayers. I've been loyal and dedicated. I've had referrals, often without asking for the referral fee. I've referred businesses to use their hosting and domain services. And, now, just a couple of months after a price hike, they're doing it again... or giving me the option of going to a plan which is worse than the one I have at a higher expense.

What happened to Exetel doing right by it's loyal customers? What happened to Exetel providing the best priced services around?

What happened to Exetel being the best in terms of contract periods and not locking people in for long periods of time.

Considering pensioners pay for this account, and considering how the government are currently screwing them over, I don't think we can afford either the $40 fee or to be locked in for twelve months.

Extremely disappointing, Exetel. Do reconsider this rubbish.

It's a VERY sad day that I admit I am going to look around for another service. *sigh*

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:04 pm

rdmarsh wrote:This is, quite frankly, BS.

I changed to a new plan on 2010-10-01 (OTAA), and was charged $20 to do so. I'm thought that the OTAA plan was still a very recent plan (certainly more recent that what I had previously) and wasn't available for that long when I changed to it.

Now you're telling me that that plan is old and are going to charge me more?
Please read viewtopic.php?p=286005#p286005 for my advice

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:05 pm

somer wrote:Looks like there are a number of people with this problem. are there ever going to be low usage plans again?
Keep an eye out for cheap PAYU (pay for what you use) plans. They are being considered at the moment but there is not much room to move below $45 per month when it comes to port rental costs nowadays

ReservedWolf

Post by ReservedWolf » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:A January Exetel Customer news letter has been sent to all Exetel customers earlier today advising of a $10.00 price increase per month on all customer plans that are out of contract. This price increase will come into effect on 1st February 2011.

PLEASE NOTE THIS INCREASE DOES NOT AFFECT CUSTOMERS STILL IN CONTRACT

If you didn't receive this email then you would need to look in the user facilities to see that your email address you have nominated for Exetel to contact you on is still current. On your January invoice you will notice there is a reminder to ensure your contact email is correct.

There are also new plans on the Exetel User Facilities which you may prefer to change to and, from Monday next week, there will be no plan change charge should you elect to do this.

You may like to ameliorate the ADSL price increase by signing up for a very low cost Optus mobile plan. By doing this, if it suits your needs, you will receive a $10.00 or $15.00 monthly discount on your ADSL monthly charge.

Over the coming week there will be similar discount offers on wireless plans and VoIP plans as well as a bundled offer for unlimited local, national and Optus mobile calls.

Customers on out of contract plans will be advised by email, three times, throughout January of this situation.

Naked ADSL2 changing to new 'naked' OCV FAQ (04/01/2011)

Q1. Is there an admin charge fee for changing plans?

A. No, there is not. Paying by credit card incurs the standard $1.10 surcharge.

Q2. I have a VOIP service, will this be affected in applying for these new 'naked' ADSL2 plans with the phone?

A. No it will not. Upon applying for the new plan, you will receive a new PSTN

Q.3 But what if I ported my original PSTN to VOIP? Can I revert back?

A.You can, however this is a manual process and takes approximately 5-10 working days to complete.

Q.4 What about with respect to caller ID? Is this optional? Does this cost anything?

A. Outgoing caller ID for your PSTN calls will show as your PSTN number - you can have this masked (shows as "private") but can't make this show as your VOIP number; incoming caller ID costs $3/month charged by supplier (thank you quop)

Q. 5 Are 1300/13 included in the free local/national calls?

No they are not. They are charged as per the standard 30c per call.

Q6. In regards to free calls to Optus mobiles, does this include Optus resellers?

A. Yes.

Q7. How can I apply for this?

For all current naked ADSL2 customers this can be done via your secure user facilities under 'Manage Services -> ADSL'

Q8. How long does it take to complete the change?

All plan changes take effect on the 1st working day of the month. In terms of time for the physical change it takes approximately up to 3 working days to 'revive' the PSTN. For those that ask(when fully available) to opt to revert back to PSTN from their ported VOIP number, this takes around 5-10 working days.

Q9. Any change of plan fee?
No.

Q10. what about if I'm within contract? Do I have pay an exit fee to change plan?
No. What will happen is that you will be asked to renew your contract again. This means a new 12 month contract will begin from when this new plan takes into effect.

Q11. Any peak/off peak with these new plans?

No, the quota given is for the month given.

Q12. Will my I.P stay the same?
Yes.

Q13. What if I have a naked ADSL2 service and I wish to change to these new 'naked' plans but wish to have my previous telephone number that I orginally lost back again?(And you did not port it to VOIP)?Can Exetel do this?.(thanks slave1)

In short No. If you didnt port this number as a voip number, but instead decided to opt in for a naked service and in doing so losing the number means this telephone number is in quarantine with Telstra. As we are utilizing the Optus network it would mean having to 'double port' in going back to Telstra (and thus losing your ADSL2 service) and then going back to Exetel. Highly inefficient in both time and money and hence we dont offer any seamless process in this aspect.

Q14. In selecting a mobile service in conjunction with these new plans do I get a discount?

Yes, as this is already incorporated in the OCV200/19 and OCV200/35 plans.

Q15. Can I port my number to one of these plans in conjunction with ADSL2?

Yes you can.

Q16. What happens if I relocate to a different premises on these new plans within the 12 month contract?

Your contract won't start again. We will use the original sign up date as the start of the 12 month period. Moving to a new place does not restart the contract.
I'll ask here, as my situation is not covered in the FAQ...I have a CAP35 HSPA/Mobile and an existing out of contract ADSL2+ Z/21 NOTEL 30Gb@$50/mth which gets discounted $15 because of the CAP35; if I request OCV200@$60 will it also receive the $15 discount from my CAP35?
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:17 pm

somer wrote:i realise there are costs just to stay connected but it seems excessive to not have even one low usage plan for those users like my mother.
any suggestions for these users please?
have a read here (make sure to read the comments also) https://johnl.blogs.exetel.com.au/ for some insight on what's on the table for consideration, you'll need your user number and password to login and view but worth the effort for anyone wondering about low usage/cost effective plans

Bowersub

Post by Bowersub » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:17 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
somer wrote:Looks like there are a number of people with this problem. are there ever going to be low usage plans again?
Keep an eye out for cheap PAYU (pay for what you use) plans. They are being considered at the moment but there is not much room to move below $45 per month when it comes to port rental costs nowadays
Not much room? Are you saying it costs Exetel $45/month whether they allocate 10gig of data, 30gig, or 1600gig?

Because, currently, I am wondering why there is not a $30-$35 plan available with, say, 30gig on peak, 50gig off peak or some such, instead of the massively excessive 180gig off peak?

Do I need 180gig off peak? Definitely not.

peter_mcc

Post by peter_mcc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:18 pm

I'm out of contract on a NF/22INCTEL plan.
In the member facilities I can see the option to change to the OT30/60/200 plans.
Will it be possible to change to the OCV200 plan? That seems like a better deal to me - only $5/month more than OT30 but with free phone calls included.

Peter

rugsta

Post by rugsta » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm

I'll add my ? to the question by ronald posted on page 16.
I am sure there is a good reason why it does not make sense for Exetel to offer for example an OCV30 plan at $10 less than OCV200, which would make the decision for me much easier. (A 170GB smaller download quota for a $10 lower price doesn't make economic sense for Exetel? Just asking.)
I realise every company has to make a profit but as a exetel customer for 2.5 years I'm of the thought that if I have to pay an extra $10 a month (for limits I'll never actually use) then at least I shouldn't be locked into another contract or asked $40 to not be be in a contract.

I'll pay it cause generally (baring the optus switch bumpy ride) the service is decent and theres nothing else around to compete really its just painful.

wasabi

Post by wasabi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Dear Admin,
I have some questions and would them to be answered or refered to the right area.
atm i am on the Plan Type: naked DSL D/22NOTEL. which is 30gb and 60gb 12am - 12pm offpeak download, now this plan is about to be increased to $60 from $50.

question is the new naked DSL plans are the same price whichs offers 200GB downloads plan name OCV200. am i reading the site correct ?

for $60 i get 200GB download with no restrictions to peak or off peak ????? and will my VOIP be affected if i change to this ? and lastly this is for 12 months so will there be a peak or offpeak be introduced after say 6 months into the contract ??? what is the disadvantage of this new Naked DSL plan.. sounds too good to be true.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:27 pm

Bowersub wrote:Not much room? Are you saying it costs Exetel $45/month whether they allocate 10gig of data, 30gig, or 1600gig?
Not far off (although the 1600gig is a stretch).

I'll dig up the posts that contain costings for you.

Edit: Here you go: viewtopic.php?p=285701#p285701 contains some indication for 1.5Mbps connections and viewtopic.php?p=285788#p285788 another indication. ADSL2+ connections are similarly structured (rental cost plus bandwidth) where the rental cost is about the same as for ADSL1, perhaps marginally cheaper.

Col

Post by Col » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 pm

jokiin wrote:
dalek wrote: The plan change fee hardly seems fair - can you please consider waving this fee for long time customers or customers who have paid to change plans in say the last 6 months?
it has been mentioned already that the fee will be dropped, just hasn't happened yet, give it a day or so
Is that the case? I thought they had reduced the fee to $0 if you renewed your contract (was $20?) but if you keep your existing contract you still get slogged.