Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
loco13

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by loco13 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:44 am

The recent $27 T.256-PAYU is welcomed.
Are other PAYU plans coming? One that can handle VoIP like 512/256 would be nice.
thanks - Tom.

gearo

Post by gearo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:53 am

Just a quick note of disappointment re lastest price increases.
I have been a loyal customer with exetel for many years.
The cost increase on my present 1500x plan is extreme as are many other plans and complaints I've been reading on this and whirlpool forums.
Recommendations to such providers as Internode, who now appear to be much more competitive, are driving not only myself but many others away from what has been a good, reliable and competitive service.
Why does it now appear exetel cannot continue to provide such a competitive service?
Is there no way for this situation to be corrected prior to me leaving exetel?
thanks.

stancartmanson

Post by stancartmanson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:29 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
stancartmanson wrote:
Otherwise I'll be paying $75 a month for 60GB peak and no included phone calls. I'm not sure what the point of staying with Exetel is now.
An unfortunate first post to contain so many errors of fact.

OCV plan is $60.00 for 200 gb anytime PLUS:

"It also includes unlimited local, national and calls to Optus mobiles if you wish to do that while using your VoIP service for all other call types."

....and of course - the Exetel offer includes a real PSTN line.
OK this is becoming extremely frustrating.

I just went through 10 pages of posts, TWICE, looking for my post and the reply.

I'm not sure why it was deleted but I'll ask AGAIN:

Where is this OCV Plan? These are the options I am presented with when trying to change my plan:

If you don't know the answer could you please find out and let me know?

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE!!!!

davo

Post by davo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:41 am

I've read the whole 20 pages but haven't been able to figure this out.

Is the $10 increase added to the old plan fee, or old plan fee + admin fee?

eg if your current out-of-contract plan looks like this...

Plan cost $30.00/mth
Admin fee $3.00/mth
Total $33/mth

Is the new price for the same plan after the $10 increase, $40.00/mth or $43.00/mth?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:45 am

Lyricon1963 wrote:Sorry everyone.

I'm confused. Maybe I'm missing the obvious but I have no idea what most of you are talking about.
I don't know what plan I'm on (I researched it at the time and haven't given it a thought ever since)

Can't say I'm not disappointed that the 1st email I got in 2011 was a notice of price increase.

1)So if I change plans do I lose my email address?

2) Can I take it to another provider?

3) Who can I talk to?

S

1) No
2) No
3) You could call sales

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:46 am

davo wrote:I've read the whole 20 pages but haven't been able to figure this out.

Is the $10 increase added to the old plan fee, or old plan fee + admin fee?

eg if your current out-of-contract plan looks like this...

Plan cost $30.00/mth
Admin fee $3.00/mth
Total $33/mth

Is the new price for the same plan after the $10 increase, $40.00/mth or $43.00/mth?
It would be $43.00.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 am

Lyricon1963 wrote: 1)What does "naked" mean
2)Where are the ADSL plans for me to compare?
3)How do I see what plan I'm already using?

1) It means the PSTN line used to deliver your ADSL service can't be used to make telephone calls

2) They are in your User Facilities under "change plans"

3) As above

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:56 am

gearo wrote:Just a quick note of disappointment re lastest price increases.
I have been a loyal customer with exetel for many years.
The cost increase on my present 1500x plan is extreme as are many other plans and complaints I've been reading on this and whirlpool forums.
Recommendations to such providers as Internode, who now appear to be much more competitive, are driving not only myself but many others away from what has been a good, reliable and competitive service.
Why does it now appear exetel cannot continue to provide such a competitive service?
Is there no way for this situation to be corrected prior to me leaving exetel?
thanks.
You could go to the User Facilities and see what plans are available for you to change to.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:59 am

Revhead wrote:Just wanted to clarify that the only plans available to me are those that appear when I access the members area and go to manage ADSL and change service?
Because, being on the Springwood 2777 exchange my choices appear to be very limited.
From this it appears I could not bundle a wired plan even if I wanted to?
It wouldn't be so disappointing if I had the choices others do.
Should have taken the $68 ADSL2+ plus Telstra deal when it was available.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
My current choices are below . . . currently paying 50 bucks for 1500/256 (suppose I could reapply for same LOL)

256kbps Down/64kbps Up
T.256-PAYU $0.00 $40.00 $27.00 0 mbytes 0 gbytes

1500kbps Down/256kbps Up
T1.5-30 $0.00 $40.00 $50.00 30 gbytes 180 gbytes
T1.5-60 $0.00 $40.00 $65.00 60 gbytes 180 gbytes
T1.5-100 $0.00 $40.00 $70.00 100 gbytes 180 gbytes
T1.5-200 $0.00 $40.00 $90.00 200 gbytes 180 gbytes

8192kbps Down/384kbps Up
T8-30 $0.00 $40.00 $65.00 30 gbytes 180 gbytes
T8-60 $0.00 $40.00 $70.00 60 gbytes 180 gbytes
T8-100 $0.00 $40.00 $100.00 100 gbytes 180 gbytes
T8-200 $0.00 $40.00 $115.00 200 gbytes 180 gbytes

ADSL2 (via Telstra) Plans - You keep your existing Telephone (PSTN) service active
T20-100 $40.00 $90.00 100 gbytes 180 gbytes 12 Months
T20-200 $40.00 $110.00 200 gbytes 180 gbytes 12 Months
Exetel can only provide Telstra services from the Springwood exchange....so, yes, they are the only Exetel plans available to you at the moment.....there may be a low usage/PAYU plan later this week.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:07 am

brucebv wrote:Q. The new plans have me a bit confused, if I change to the A30 plan at $45/month, does that include the extra $3/month I started getting slugged with from October 1 2010, or will the $3 get added to the A30 cost bring it to $48/month ?
It will be $48.00 per month.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:10 am

Bowersub wrote:Okay, then why not just provide us with a $45 plan with unlimited internet?

Seriously, you've managed to provide internet cheaper for years. Why do they have to go up? And, why do they go up with unnecessary off-peak download increase. As someone said, I'll gladly half that... I'll take 1/4 of that, for a cheaper plan.

Considering TPG lowered their prices in October last year, and Bigpond lowered their prices last year, too, how come Exetel are increasing theirs?

As I said, pensioners pay and a student (myself) for this account; it is only $5 a month, but it's $5 a month for a plan with a download that is far beyond what is needed. Lower the off-peak download and lower the price. It's either that, or I stay on the current plan and pay $5 more than the plan with way too much download.

There is nothing here for average users. Users who game a bit, who download a bit, but don't feel the need to illegally download every DVD release made in the month.

Be nice for you guys to consider looking at some middle ground.

As I said, I've been here 7 years. There's only been two times I've had outtages that weren't pre-announced, and neither were your fault (one was AANet screwing you guys over ages ago, the other was someone at the Exchange disconnecting me by accident, which you guys mended and upgraded me to ADSL2 as compensation). Your internet has consistently served me well for both my education and my gaming. Hell, I've been out of contract since 2005, I've been here that long. I've changed plans multiple times since then, but never been asked to sign for another contract period. My loyalty has been enough.

I really don't want to leave Exetel. But, currently, you're not servicing the needs of the members very well here.

Even little things like, oh, by the way, it's $45/month, but then you also have a $1.10 credit card fee on top of that. There's also a $3/month account admin fee. Make the damn plan $45, or $49.10. Don't have one thing and then hidden fees.

And, so, I wonder if I lock into this contract what happens when things change. If you decide you want to increase your prices again, do I have to grin and bear it and pay more? Most likely yes. And if you decide you want to lower your prices, do I have to stay with the more expensive plan? Most likely yes. This is my problem. The last 6-12 months, Exetel has been chopping and changing so much I can't even find the damn email confirming my last plan change confirmation. I just don't know what to do now.
If you have been with us since April 2004 (which your statement implies) then wouldn't you be getting the $17.50 Pioneer discount?

Stickler

Post by Stickler » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 am

Hi,

I changed to a new plan ONC mid-December 2010 and paid a plan change fee of $40 - was that becasue I chose not to be on contract? because to be honest I can't remember and it seems I'm not on contract because I have received the emails being spoken about. It seems my best option now is to choose the OCV200 plan for $60/month which gives me 40gb less per month AND A 12 MONTH CONTRACT instead of my current plan going up to $73/month.
I can't help but feel a bit annoyed about the $40 plan change fee because if I'd waited 2 weeks - which I would have if I'd known - I wouldn't have to have paid it.
Any chance of having this credited because of pity for those who through no fault of their own had incredibly bad timing?

Thanks, Nick

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:15 am

maccasmob wrote:I have been with Exetel for just on 4 years now and have never had a problem.

My current predicament is as follows:

I am currently out of contract, I also am hoping to be moving house within the next 1-6 months.

I can either stay as I am and pay an extra $10 a month for my current service, or start a new contract and get slugged a $100 early termination fee when I move, or pay what I believe seems to be a fairly exceesive $40 to stay out of contract until I move.

I have been out of contract since Jul 2007, yet my loyalty is being questioned by either having to pay to stay out of contract or get locked in for free.

I have only ever changed my plan once and was charged $20 for the speed change, yet I am being forced to pay $40 for no peak usage change - seems a bit steep to me.

Why doesn't Exetel try and trust their long term loyal customers to change and remain loyal, instead of effectively forcing them into another contract.

I am still loyal to Exetel and if I wasn't planning a move I would happily go on a new contract. I just think that $40 is steep to effective stay on the same plan with a new name, $20 would be more acceptable.
There is a zero plan change charge if you sign up to a new contract. If you are using an Optus ADSL2 plan there is no charge to re-locate an Optus service.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:16 am

Stickler wrote:Hi,

I changed to a new plan ONC mid-December 2010 and paid a plan change fee of $40 - was that becasue I chose not to be on contract? because to be honest I can't remember and it seems I'm not on contract because I have received the emails being spoken about. It seems my best option now is to choose the OCV200 plan for $60/month which gives me 40gb less per month AND A 12 MONTH CONTRACT instead of my current plan going up to $73/month.
I can't help but feel a bit annoyed about the $40 plan change fee because if I'd waited 2 weeks - which I would have if I'd known - I wouldn't have to have paid it.
Any chance of having this credited because of pity for those who through no fault of their own had incredibly bad timing?

Thanks, Nick
We could do that.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:19 am

somer wrote:ooks like there are a number of people with this problem. are there ever going to be low usage plans again? my elderly mother uses less than 1gb/month, often as low as 80mb/month as she only checks email but this is very important to her so she needs to stay connected. it becomes ridiculous to pay $45/month for 30gb peak and 180gb offpeak. is there no way to cater for users like her? i realise there are costs just to stay connected but it seems excessive to not have even one low usage plan for those users like my mother.
any suggestions for these users please?
There will be low usage/PAYG plans for all services by the end of the week.