Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:14 am

stancartmanson wrote:I just want an answer on this so I can make a decision:

Unlimited local and national calls - are they to ANY local and national numbers? It says Optus mobiles but I'd like to confirm that Local and National Calls are not restricted.
Yes....calls are to any local or national number connected to the national PSTN.

ReservedWolf

Post by ReservedWolf » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:20 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
ReservedWolf wrote: I'll ask here, as my situation is not covered in the FAQ...I have a CAP35 HSPA/Mobile and an existing out of contract ADSL2+ Z/21 NOTEL 30Gb@$50/mth which gets discounted $15 because of the CAP35; if I request OCV200@$60 will it also receive the $15 discount from my CAP35?
Yes, you continue to get your $15.00 discount.
Thankyou very much...now where's that hyperlink again...?

All I can say is that finally, I have exactly what I require at the right price point, thankyou exetel.
Last edited by ReservedWolf on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:21 am

ForumAdmin wrote:

Unlimited local and national calls - are they to ANY local and national numbers? It says Optus mobiles but I'd like to confirm that Local and National Calls are not restricted.
Yes.
I take it you meant there are no restrictions on the types of local and national calls, as in doesn't matter if who you are calling is with Telstra, Optus, AAPT etc, I assume that Optus would have some kind of fair use policy in place on unlimited services though, would that be correct? Just thinking the question could be taken two different ways and your response could be misinterpreted (or twisted around) otherwise if this is the case

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:23 am

jokiin wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:

Yes.
I take it you meant there are no restrictions on the types of local and national calls, as in doesn't matter if who you are calling is with Telstra, Optus, AAPT etc, I assume that Optus would have some kind of fair use policy in place on unlimited services though, would that be correct? Just thinking the question could be taken two different ways and your response could be misinterpreted (or twisted around) otherwise if this is the case
You are probably right.

The free calls do have an AUP.

Mulder

Post by Mulder » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:40 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
Mulder wrote:Plan Type: T1500-U
Monthly Access Charge: $53.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
Peak Period Option: N/A
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.00
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: N/A
Service Line Speed: 1500/256
Service Activation Date: 2004-07-14
Contract Period: 6 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2005-01-14

David
Would you mind asking the actual question without the "editorial"....it's too difficult to understand what your actual question is.
Ok. I just started a new plan 5 days ago. I paid $40 so as to NOT go on a contract. Your "NEW" plans with contract do not come near the plan I am on now when download limits are taken into consideration. So now one month after agreeing to change my plan and not going on a contract you increase my plan costs by $10. Why penalise those that have been with you as customers for so long with this contract nonsense? Why not offer those who just changed plans the option to keep the plan they are on now and go on a contract for $0.00 because if I change plans again I lose, in terms of download limts, big time. If I had been told when changing my plan that this would happen (and dont tell me it happened over night as these things are planned for months) I would have locked into another contract for the 6 to 12 months. The reason I didnt go on a contract is that I hate being locked into things plus I have been with Exetel since 2004 and I was not likely to change in the future.
So why have you made the "NEW" plans so undesirable to those who have unlimited plans and why do this to people who have just changed this month?
David

drupe

Post by drupe » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, I couldn’t see any answers at the start or end.

1) My current plan is Z/21NOTEL, I only have options to change to one of three OCV plans, is this correct?

2) Are the OCV naked plans not technically naked anymore? Are they essentially the same as the ADSL2+ (with Telephone) plans, with different data charges (pre-paid data, off peak data, etc)?

3) If I move to OCV200, I understand I will be getting a new landline number from Optus for free. When will that number be known? Can we specify a preference?

4) If I move to OCV200, and do not use the PSTN service, will the line filter be required between the modem and line socket?

Thanks.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Mulder wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
Mulder wrote:Plan Type: T1500-U
Monthly Access Charge: $53.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
Peak Period Option: N/A
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.00
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: N/A
Service Line Speed: 1500/256
Service Activation Date: 2004-07-14
Contract Period: 6 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2005-01-14

David
Would you mind asking the actual question without the "editorial"....it's too difficult to understand what your actual question is.
Ok. I just started a new plan 5 days ago. I paid $40 so as to NOT go on a contract. Your "NEW" plans with contract do not come near the plan I am on now when download limits are taken into consideration. So now one month after agreeing to change my plan and not going on a contract you increase my plan costs by $10.

1) Why penalise those that have been with you as customers for so long with this contract nonsense?

2) Why not offer those who just changed plans the option to keep the plan they are on now and go on a contract for $0.00 because if I change plans again I lose, in terms of download limts, big time. If I had been told when changing my plan that this would happen (and dont tell me it happened over night as these things are planned for months) I would have locked into another contract for the 6 to 12 months. The reason I didnt go on a contract is that I hate being locked into things

3) plus I have been with Exetel since 2004 and I was not likely to change in the future.
So why have you made the "NEW" plans so undesirable to those who have unlimited plans and why do this to people who have just changed this month?
David
1) Because of the vagaries of how carriers view 'customers' - they only see a new customer (i.e. a new contract) as being valuable enough to extend the cash bonuses to Exetel - therefore when a new contract is signed for, even by an 'old' customer, the cost of the plan is cheaper.

2) If you have paid for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then any charge made will be credited against any charge incurred in signing for a new plan this month.

3) If you have been with Exetel for so long, and wish to remain with Exetel, then I would have thought having to sign a new contract would not be a problem....but I am not you.

4) The 'new' plans will allow us to remain in business - the old plans (now that the discounts from the carrier sign on bonuses have been exhausted) would not.

maneesh5880

Post by maneesh5880 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Very good questions and I have similar ones before I can decide. Can Exetel please answer these for me?

1. I am currently on Z/20NOTEL plan which costs $ 45 plus a $3 admin fee. So if I do not take any action, my total cost will increase to $ 55
but do I still pay the extra $3 admin fees? So the total cost will be $ 58 (45 + 10 +3) or will it stay $ 55?

2. What phone number would I get on the new line? Can I port my VOIP number from a VSP (pennytel - 02 8064 2331)
or can I get my old Telstra line number back (02 9876 8616) which I had before I opted for Naked ADSL 2+ or I will get a new number from Optus?

3. The new plans have a physical copper line activated again, which means if I wish to cancel my Exetel service later, I can still port that line to a new ISP / telco?
I mean this is the same as it was when we had ADSL1 on a current copper line?

4. Can I use the new phone line for fax and back to base alarm?

5. I will now need to use the line filter again?

Regards

Col

Post by Col » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:2) If you have paid for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then any charge made will be credited against any charge incurred in signing for a new plan this month.
And that only applies if you take the $0 new contract option this time around like you mentioned earlier still? This time it kind of sounds like it is for both the $0 new contract and $40 existing contract options.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi,
1. I am currently on Z/20NOTEL plan which costs $ 45 plus a $3 admin fee. So if I do not take any action, my total cost will increase to $ 55
but do I still pay the extra $3 admin fees? So the total cost will be $ 58 (45 + 10 +3) or will it stay $ 55?

2. What phone number would I get on the new line? Can I port my VOIP number from a VSP (pennytel - 02 8064 2331)
or can I get my old Telstra line number back (02 9876 8616) which I had before I opted for Naked ADSL 2+ or I will get a new number from Optus?

3. The new plans have a physical copper line activated again, which means if I wish to cancel my Exetel service later, I can still port that line to a new ISP / telco?
I mean this is the same as it was when we had ADSL1 on a current copper line?

4. Can I use the new phone line for fax and back to base alarm?

5. I will now need to use the line filter again?
1 - Yes
2 - New number would be randomly generated by our supplier. WE can only port 'PSTN to VOIP' ports at this stage. Also, we can only port voip numbers from Tier 1 carriers(Telstra,Optus,AAPT, MCI)
3 - If you cancel outright, you wont be able to port because the number would have moved to quarantine with Telstra. You'd need to contact your telco of choice FIRST should you wish to port away.
4 - Yes, provided they are not classed as 'complex services' . I believe for both you're reffering to are simply number dialing to and from so that *SHOULD* be OK.
5 - Yes.

srjh

Post by srjh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:27 pm

Col wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:2) If you have paid for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then any charge made will be credited against any charge incurred in signing for a new plan this month.
And that only applies if you take the $0 new contract option this time around like you mentioned earlier still? This time it kind of sounds like it is for both the $0 new contract and $40 existing contract options.
I think you're right. You only get a refund if you sign a new contract. My post was deleted for asking the same thing, so I assume it's the case.

maneesh5880

Post by maneesh5880 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:29 pm

I had another question for the forum community, maybe not directly related to Exetel but initiated due to the plan changes.

I currently have naked ADSL from Exetel and for me to move away to another ISP (does not matter on what plan), would I need to apply for a PSTN line before I can apply for a new connection or can I port current naked DSL to another naked DSL service?

I believe I need to apply for a new PSTN line before I can apply for any sort of port? Which means it is will be an additional cost for me to port to a new ISP?

Or maybe I am worng???

Thanks

stancartmanson

Post by stancartmanson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:31 pm

ForumAdmin can I get that email address I requested? In that post I made 20mins ago which you deleted? Again?

Nekcarccm

Post by Nekcarccm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm

David - I'm in the same situation as you. In December I changed my plan to the OTAA plan and I had the option to remain out of contract and pay $40 or I could go on another plan for 12 months and pay $20 plan change fee. Like you I opted to pay the extra to remain out of contract because the OTAA paln and the new 12 moth contract plan were basically the same price and downloads etc. (now the no-contract plan is $10 more)

Obviously if I knew that I would be informed 4 days into my new plan with this latest change, my decision would have been different. ie. I would not have wasted the $40 exetel charged me on Jan 1!

Nekcarccm

Post by Nekcarccm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:37 pm

From Forumadmin "2) If you have paid for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then any charge made will be credited against any charge incurred in signing for a new plan this month."

Does that mean my $40 will be credited if I sign up to say OT30 for 12 months?