Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
bof

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by bof » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:50 pm

In my case I cannot see the logic of Exetel pushing me to change to a new plan. According to the email the old plans were cheaper, but that is not the case here.

I am out of contract on INCPHONEZ. If I change to OT30, it will cost me about the same ($3.00 less fixed monthly charges, but local phone calls go from 18c to 20c) and the peak and offpeak download limits are roughly 3 times what they are on INCPHONEZ.

I'll change plan, of course, it's a very good deal, but how could that save Exetel money ? :? ?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:54 pm

bof wrote:In my case I cannot see the logic of Exetel pushing me to change to a new plan. According to the email the old plans were cheaper, but that is not the case here.

I am out of contract on INCPHONEZ. If I change to OT30, it will cost me about the same ($3.00 less fixed monthly charges, but local phone calls go from 18c to 20c) and the peak and offpeak download limits are roughly 3 times what they are on INCPHONEZ.

I'll change plan, of course, it's a very good deal, but how could that save Exetel money ? :? ?
Because the vagaries of our wholesaler promotional discounts mean that if you sign up for a new plan on a 12 month contact the wholesale price of your port reduces by $6.60 to Exetel.

The local call charges are the same on both plans from 1st January.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:56 pm

MikeW wrote:So why is it that being on a Corporate Plan only sees me being able to see standard non-corporate plans under the 'change service' option?
Because there are no new business plans at this time.

playrz

Post by playrz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:04 pm

After checking my current plan details I am none the wiser as to whether or not my service will be effected -

Plan Type: FP-D1
Monthly Access Charge: $65.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 6000
Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: N/A
Service Line Speed: 8192/384
Service Activation Date: 2008-09-12
Contract Period: 6 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2009-03-12

The contract period and end date shown are incorrect as they are from my initial sign up with Exetel and do not reflect my most recent plan change to FP-D1. This would have been sometime shortly after the 03/03/2010 following a similar email regarding price increases and new plans becoming available. I am sure (99% sure anyway) that this plan was conditional on a 24 month period which I was happy with.

Can we please confirm if this plan and other similar plans will be effected by the price increases? My main concern is that if my service details are incorrect, how will Exetels billing be able to identify which customers are still in contract?

robin

Post by robin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:09 pm

I renewed my contract on 1 Dec. 2010. Will I be affected?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:13 pm

robin wrote:I renewed my contract on 1 Dec. 2010. Will I be affected?
No

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:15 pm

playrz wrote:After checking my current plan details I am none the wiser as to whether or not my service will be effected

The contract period and end date shown are incorrect as they are from my initial sign up with Exetel and do not reflect my most recent plan change to FP-D1.

Can we please confirm if this plan and other similar plans will be effected by the price increases? My main concern is that if my service details are incorrect, how will Exetels billing be able to identify which customers are still in contract?
If you suspect this info is incorrect, I'd suggest you email billing@exetel.com.au and confirm the contract end date and whether the $10 increase applies.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:16 pm

playrz wrote:After checking my current plan details I am none the wiser as to whether or not my service will be effected -

Plan Type: FP-D1
Monthly Access Charge: $65.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 6000
Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: N/A
Service Line Speed: 8192/384
Service Activation Date: 2008-09-12
Contract Period: 6 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2009-03-12

The contract period and end date shown are incorrect as they are from my initial sign up with Exetel and do not reflect my most recent plan change to FP-D1. This would have been sometime shortly after the 03/03/2010 following a similar email regarding price increases and new plans becoming available. I am sure (99% sure anyway) that this plan was conditional on a 24 month period which I was happy with.

I've asked a sysadmin to reply to you.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:17 pm

I totally understand the need for exetel to raise prices to stay in business. I have been a customer for a very long time and have been through all the ups and downs. I would not be so annoyed with this latest change except for the fact that just last month i changed to a new plan that cost me $20 to change and stay out of contract (in hindsight i wished i had opted for a new contract with no fee, at least it would not have cost me and i would still be on my current 1 month old plan). I figured that given the plan was about $5 per month cheaper that I would recoup the $20 charge within 4 months. Now after only one month i have been told that not only is my 1 month old plan out of date but that i have to change plans again and pay another $40 or $20 depending on whether or not i wish to start a new contract. The new plans have less value and cost $12 more so it appears that i would be better off staying on my old plan and paying the $10 increase. As mentioned that it would be less annoying if you went back to your old way of charging for plan changes and removing any fee for changes within the same line speed and provider. At least this way when you make changes that cause customers to change plans we are not hit with unnecessary plan change fees.

thanks.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:27 pm

nihonjin wrote:Now after only one month i have been told that not only is my 1 month old plan out of date but that i have to change plans again and pay another $40 or $20 depending on whether or not i wish to start a new contract.
From ForumAdmin's first post:
ForumAdmin wrote:There are also new plans on the Exetel User Facilities which you may prefer to change to and, from Monday next week, there will be no plan change charge should you elect to do this.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks Corey i missed that part.

Still frustrating that i paid $20 just 1 month ago thinking i would recoup these costs in 4 months time only to have to change after 1 month. As i mentioned if only i had taken up the 12 month contract option.

As a side note but still somewhat related the new naked plans do they now actually come with an optus provided pstn line and include free local, national and calls to optus mobiles subject to AUP? Do the free calls to optus mobiles included any mobile on the optus network ie including virgin mobiles who use the optus network? This might be a good option to try and keep the total cost of multiple services at around the same cost.

thanks.

billmack

Post by billmack » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:44 pm

My initial contract end date was 29/08/2008. Since then I have been made to change my plan when requested, the last time being a couple of Months ago when I changed over to the 1500K plan. Does this mean I have to change again now or pay an extra $10??
I am getting fed up with all this chopping and changing. I have never been a big downloader but get treated like one. No other ISP does this. If I have to change what do I have to change to where I can remain???

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:46 pm

nihonjin wrote:
1)As a side note but still somewhat related the new naked plans do they now actually come with an optus provided pstn line and include free local, national and calls to optus mobiles subject to AUP?

2)Do the free calls to optus mobiles included any mobile on the optus network ie including virgin mobiles who use the optus network? This might be a good option to try and keep the total cost of multiple services at around the same cost.

thanks.
1) There are three plans that include free local, national and calls to Optus mobiles.

2) Optus mobiles = any Optus mobile number irrespective of re-seller.

dweeks

Post by dweeks » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:55 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Because the vagaries of our wholesaler promotional discounts mean that if you sign up for a new plan on a 12 month contact the wholesale price of your port reduces by $6.60 to Exetel.
That's interesting. I wonder if Exetel should encourage users to 'resign' for another 12 month contract when it expires? The benefit to the user could be protection from price increases, and it looks like Exetel would save on the wholesale price. Perhaps even an automated email to users who have just come out of contract to invite them to resign?

imaximax1

Post by imaximax1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:06 pm

I went to check out the:

"Special Offer For "Naked" ADSL2 Upgrade To Bundled ADSL2 With Telephone Service"

in members facilities. I havnt been active in the forums, but what happened to naked? is it not worth it anymore? i cant even change to another naked plan, i can either pay $60 (10$ extra to stay on my plan) OR change to a bundle plan for the same price and lose my 12-hour off peak. (to a 10-hour off peak, which is no real difference)

is there any 'new' naked plans being offered?? or am i missing something?