Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
stancartmanson

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by stancartmanson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:17 am

What is on that page when you scroll down?

Just information about call costs and options to add SMS, Fax and VoIP (Add On 'Bonus Packs').

I followed the link you provided (not sure why I couldn't access that information from my user page).

So to clarify:

Unlimited local and national calls - are they to ANY local and national numbers? It says Optus mobiles but I'd like to confirm that Local and National Calls are not restricted.

[ What does ForumAdmin mean by a 'real' PSTN line? <Solved ] The only restriction on a TPG home phone is no fax and I can't do 'Foxtel Programme Ordering'.
Can you use Fax and Foxtel Programme Ordering on the OCV plan?
Can you call 131 and 1300 numbers (I can with TPG)?
I can port my number to the TPG home phone and use it as I always have so I'm not sure what point he was illustrating.

Unlimited internet is also a fair leap from 200GB per month.
Last edited by stancartmanson on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:23 am

stancartmanson wrote:
What is on that page when you scroll down?

Just information about call costs and options to add SMS, Fax and VoIP (Add On 'Bonus Packs').

I followed the link you provided (not sure why I couldn't access that information from my user page).

So to clarify:

Unlimited local and national calls - are they to ANY local and national numbers? It says Optus mobiles but I'd like to confirm that Local and National Calls are not restricted.

What does ForumAdmin mean by a 'real' PSTN line? The only restriction on a TPG home phone is no fax and I can't do 'Foxtel Programme Ordering'.
Can you use Fax and Foxtel Programme Ordering on the OCV plan?
Can you call 131 and 1300 numbers (I can with TPG)?
I can port my number to the TPG home phone and use it as I always have so I'm not sure what point he was illustrating.

Unlimited internet is also a fair leap from 200GB per month.
the TPG phones can't do fax and Foxtel as they are a VoIP based service, not a true PSTN service

stancartmanson

Post by stancartmanson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:28 am

Would I notice any difference? Is it in the same area as a radio that's running on batteries or electricity ie can't tell?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:36 am

stancartmanson wrote:Would I notice any difference? Is it in the same area as a radio that's running on batteries or electricity ie can't tell?
their service acts like a regular phone from your end, except you can't do fax, can't dial into Foxtel and may not have the same level of redundancy as a PSTN service, pick up the phone and make a phone call though is going to be the same experience from most peoples perspective

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:41 am

I too would like to change to a the Naked plan OCV200 from my current ADSL2 + phone plan OTB.

The option is not available in the User Facilities.

Do we just wait or is it nor possible?

stancartmanson

Post by stancartmanson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:45 am

jokiin wrote:
stancartmanson wrote:Would I notice any difference? Is it in the same area as a radio that's running on batteries or electricity ie can't tell?
their service acts like a regular phone from your end, except you can't do fax, can't dial into Foxtel and may not have the same level of redundancy as a PSTN service, pick up the phone and make a phone call though is going to be the same experience from most peoples perspective
Cool. Not worried about those two so that's fine. Thank you for the info.

MichaelL

Post by MichaelL » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:49 am

Someone from provisioning called me in November offering a new plan, OTAA, with a $20 change of plan charge. I made this change on 1 December, and was duly charged the $20 change of plan charge.

The January Newsletter flagged a price rise on "older plans", and recommended changing to a new one.

ForumAdmin's post states, on January 1,

"There are also new plans on the Exetel User Facilities which you may prefer to change to and, from Monday next week, there will be no plan change charge should you elect to do this."

Yesterday I received an email saying that my "current, out of contract" plan will increase by $10 per month in February, and that I can change to a new plan with a $40 change of plan charge.

Is
a) ForumAdmin's post correct?
b) yesterday's email correct?

If b), will there be an offset allowed for the $20 paid in December for a "new" plan which is apparently in January an "old" plan?

Mort

Post by Mort » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:52 am

paulp wrote:Hi,
If I can only port it as a VoIP number then I have another query. Can I have a redirect or call forward between the VoIP and PSTN numbers and would there be any charge for that given they would now all be Optus numbers and call to Optus numbers would be free?
At this stage you could only port your TElstra PSTN as a VOIP number. We will be working on a way to port it to PSTN via the 'naked' plan and leaving it dormant until a user decides to wish to activate it.
So if I port it to VoIP, can it then be ported to replace the new PSTN number at a later time? Or if I wait until you work out a way would I be able to port it and replace the new PSTN number I'll get when I have to change to the new plan? I would have thought Optus would say no to such a thing based on my previous experiences porting numbers around their services.
paulp wrote: For your second question, Once it's a VOIP number, your ATA/voip router will need to be configred so that you can customize particular numbers you wish to forward/direct. There'd be no extra charge as this is something you'd be doing internally.
As I mentioned in my previous post, the reason I want it to be a carrier-side forward is in the event of blackouts I will still have a working phone if when UPS runs out of power. If I have the ATA doing the forward then that will stop working once the power stops and it fails-over to pass-through mode. However, if I do a carrier-based forward it would be on all the time and I don't want to have to keep paying to forward all the calls.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:55 am

MichaelL wrote:Someone from provisioning called me in November offering a new plan, OTAA, with a $20 change of plan charge. I made this change on 1 December, and was duly charged the $20 change of plan charge.

The January Newsletter flagged a price rise on "older plans", and recommended changing to a new one.

ForumAdmin's post states, on January 1,

"There are also new plans on the Exetel User Facilities which you may prefer to change to and, from Monday next week, there will be no plan change charge should you elect to do this."

Yesterday I received an email saying that my "current, out of contract" plan will increase by $10 per month in February, and that I can change to a new plan with a $40 change of plan charge.

Is
a) ForumAdmin's post correct?
b) yesterday's email correct?

If b), will there be an offset allowed for the $20 paid in December for a "new" plan which is apparently in January an "old" plan?
1) If you change plans now on a 12 month contract then there is no charge for doing that

2) If you have been charged for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then that charge will be refunded to you before the end of February - provided you have selected a new contract when you changed plans this month.

shjbrown

Post by shjbrown » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:55 am

I am currently on the ONA Naked plan with 2x mobiles with CAP35. I get 2X Cap35 $15 discount on the ADSL. If I switch to the new "naked" plan, would I still get the discount for the second mobile? I see that the discount is priced in for the first mobile already.

ONA + 2x CAP 35 = $83/month
OCV200/35 + CAP35 = $100/month or $115/month??

The free calls and PSTN line is worth $17/month to me, but not $32...

Or, could I do: OCV200/19 + CAP35 = $90/month?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:56 am

gong_guy wrote:I too would like to change to a the Naked plan OCV200 from my current ADSL2 + phone plan OTB.

The option is not available in the User Facilities.

Do we just wait or is it nor possible?
It is being looked at and may well become available before the end of the month.

boambee2

Post by boambee2 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:05 am

I updated my adsl plan to the 1500X plan in October 2010, why would I still be receiving a notice regarding a potential $10 increase for out of contract customers?

stancartmanson

Post by stancartmanson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:07 am

I just want an answer on this so I can make a decision:

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:12 am

am currently on the ONA Naked plan with 2x mobiles with CAP35. I get 2X Cap35 $15 discount on the ADSL. If I switch to the new "naked" plan, would I still get the discount for the second mobile? I see that the discount is priced in for the first mobile already.

ONA + 2x CAP 35 = $83/month
OCV200/35 + CAP35 = $100/month or $115/month??

The free calls and PSTN line is worth $17/month to me, but not $32...

Or, could I do: OCV200/19 + CAP35 = $90/month?
- You will get the discount for the 2nd mobile. The OCV200/35 includes the discount assuming one 35 cap plan with Exetel. the second mobile will add the discount.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:13 am

boambee2 wrote:I updated my adsl plan to the 1500X plan in October 2010, why would I still be receiving a notice regarding a potential $10 increase for out of contract customers?
Did you select a new contract when you changed plan?

Check on your user facilities.