Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
maneesh5880

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by maneesh5880 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:39 pm

paulp wrote:
1 - Yes
2 - New number would be randomly generated by our supplier. WE can only port 'PSTN to VOIP' ports at this stage. Also, we can only port voip numbers from Tier 1 carriers(Telstra,Optus,AAPT, MCI)
3 - If you cancel outright, you wont be able to port because the number would have moved to quarantine with Telstra. You'd need to contact your telco of choice FIRST should you wish to port away.
4 - Yes, provided they are not classed as 'complex services' . I believe for both you're reffering to are simply number dialing to and from so that *SHOULD* be OK.
5 - Yes.
Thanks PaulP.

1. Yes means the total fees would be $ 58?
3. But you do agree that the new PSTN line can be used for porting to a new ISP as now with the current naked plan I do not have a PSTN line I can use to port?

Cheers and almost decided to change plans.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 pm

maneesh5880 wrote:1. Yes means the total fees would be $ 58?
Correct. If currently applicable, the $3 admin charge continues to apply.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:05 pm

maneesh5880 wrote:I currently have naked ADSL from Exetel and for me to move away to another ISP (does not matter on what plan), would I need to apply for a PSTN line before I can apply for a new connection or can I port current naked DSL to another naked DSL service?
It would depend on the provisioning processes of the other ISP. You'd think most should have the technical facilities to port a Naked service. After all, all that is missing is the dial tone; the phone line and ADSL codes are still there and identifiable.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Ok i think i have pretty much decided to change to the ocv200 plan for $60.

I have a few questions i would just like to confirm first please:

1) im currently on AAA plan using powertel exchange. I dont have the option to change in my user facilities to the ocv plan i assume because it is on different exchange provider so do i need to apply as a new activation or will the option appear later in the month in the user facilities?

2) As i will be signing a new 12 month contract does the $60 line activation charge get removed or will i still have to pay this?

2) Will I experience lengthy downtime in the transition from a powertel connection to an optus connection?

3) Will my current telstra pstn number be ported to the new optus pstn line?

thanks.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:07 pm

nihonjin wrote:Ok i think i have pretty much decided to change to the ocv200 plan for $60.

1) im currently on AAA plan using powertel exchange. I dont have the option to change in my user facilities to the ocv plan i assume because it is on different exchange provider so do i need to apply as a new activation or will the option appear later in the month in the user facilities?

2) As i will be signing a new 12 month contract does the $60 line activation charge get removed or will i still have to pay this?

2) Will I experience lengthy downtime in the transition from a powertel connection to an optus connection?

thanks.
1) it will appear on the user facilites in the near future

2) As a user it is a no charge transfer with a 12 month contract

3) Yes

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:08 pm

onepom wrote:Heavy User:
December - $68 8M Unlimited Unlimited
January - $65 8M 30Gig 180Gig

Light User
December - Cheapest 1500 $38
January - Cheapest 1500 $50

Now you're looking at the same plans!
For ADSL1, perhaps (but then, how is any ISP meant to provide good value ADSL1 plans when Telstra costs are so high.

For ADSL2+ however, there is a $45 plan that includes telephone rental for PAYU and a $60 plan that has 200GB and free local, national and selected mobile calls. These are both over $30 better value than ADSL1 plans once you factor in the Telstra Homeline rental as well.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:11 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
nihonjin wrote:Ok i think i have pretty much decided to change to the ocv200 plan for $60.

thanks.
1) it will appear on the user facilites in the near future

3) Yes
Missed a query in there about downtime from AAPT to Optus. I've always thought that such migration would leave you without internet for about 2-3 weeks but there was previous confusion about this same issue in a prior post too, so if this can be confirmed it would be really good.

surly

Post by surly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Something to consider in the future: I like understanding why these changes are happening (credit for explaining that), but I still wish they weren't. I already have two people who ask me to explain exetel's messages about the frequent plan changes, admin fees, etc and I'll soon be looking for a new (cheap, low usage) plan for my mother - it likely won't be exetel this time, just because I'd rather make the decision once and be done with it for a few years.

Summary: I'd rather see Exetel make some carefully made pricing decisions and stick with them, avoiding the frequent drama.

Just my 2c :)

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: 1) it will appear on the user facilites in the near future

3) Yes
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. It is very much appreciated. Whilst there are some frustrations with the need to change plans again i have been with exetel long enough to know that if you stick by exetel they will always do the right thing by its customers. when times are tough we experience a little pain but soon enough when circumstances improve exetel will make more changes for the better. I will continue to be a long term customer and supporter of how you do business.

jonnoman

Post by jonnoman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:22 pm

I am a little confused with the activation fees. I am on D/21NOTEL, ie $43/month, which will increase to $53/month. I can see that I can change to OCV200 for $60/month with no activation fees given a 12 month contract, but what about the OT30 for $55/month? This seems like a better option for me, as it is only $2 higher on the $10 mandatory increase. But do I still have to pay the activation fee of $60?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:25 pm

jonnoman wrote:I am a little confused with the activation fees. I am on D/21NOTEL, ie $43/month, which will increase to $53/month. I can see that I can change to OCV200 for $60/month with no activation fees given a 12 month contract, but what about the OT30 for $55/month? This seems like a better option for me, as it is only $2 higher on the $10 mandatory increase. But do I still have to pay the activation fee of $60?
Check your member facilities for the OT30 plan change option and fees that are applicable. As OCV and OT are on same infrastructure they should have the same contractual arrangements (i.e. free plan change on a 12 month contract).

the $5 difference between the two is probably a feature of the free phone calls and effectively higher peak that OCV has (OT is 30GB peak, OCV is 200GB any time)

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:26 pm

nihonjin wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote: 1) it will appear on the user facilites in the near future

3) Yes
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. It is very much appreciated. Whilst there are some frustrations with the need to change plans again i have been with exetel long enough to know that if you stick by exetel they will always do the right thing by its customers. when times are tough we experience a little pain but soon enough when circumstances improve exetel will make more changes for the better. I will continue to be a long term customer and supporter of how you do business.
thank you for your understanding an ong term suport.

It is very much appreciated.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Guys,

Just to confirm;

The plan increase is cumulative and the $3.00 admin fee stays as is.

As confirmed by ForumAdmin as well.

onepom

Post by onepom » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:49 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:For ADSL2+ however, there is a $45 plan that includes telephone rental for PAYU and a $60 plan that has 200GB and free local, national and selected mobile calls. These are both over $30 better value than ADSL1 plans once you factor in the Telstra Homeline rental as well.
Yeah well we don't all have the luxury of living in the big smoke now do we. :(

iFX

Post by iFX » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm confused... we recently (a month or 2 ago) changed to a "current" plan because the original one we were on was no longer suitable and the new one was better value - we also paid to change to the plan (in order to avoid starting a new contract, since we have our unit on the market, so don't know how long we will be here).

This email seems to suggest that our *new* plan will increase by $10? unless we change *again* to another plan and pay yet AGAIN to change??!

I've only been on OTAA for about a month or 2, we paid $20 to change, since we will be moving soon... Now, are we expected to pay AGAIN for another change just a month or two later??!