Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ajhoward

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by ajhoward » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:13 pm

(ForumAdmin)
I don't understand what you are having a problem with.

If you are within the contract period then nothing changes for you.

Yeah, until March then it will go up by $10

matt335

Post by matt335 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:15 pm

This is a clear as MUD. I have a NAK2B plan that was $55 mth, and increased to $60 mth. I also have a VOIP plan. I pay around $78 all up each month. So if I do nothing my NAK2B goes up by $10 mth. Is it possible to talk to someone in EXETEL? I woudl like to ask for assistance in 1. Making sure I am on the right level of plans, and 2. what plan should I change to.
Matt

d5.lam

Post by d5.lam » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:19 pm

matt335 wrote:This is a clear as MUD. I have a NAK2B plan that was $55 mth, and increased to $60 mth. I also have a VOIP plan. I pay around $78 all up each month. So if I do nothing my NAK2B goes up by $10 mth. Is it possible to talk to someone in EXETEL? I woudl like to ask for assistance in 1. Making sure I am on the right level of plans, and 2. what plan should I change to.
Matt
I think you should go with the new naked oCV200 plans. not sure if bandwidth for you but you get free local and nation calls and then extra free calls to optus mobiles. then can voip for other calls

matt335

Post by matt335 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:23 pm

d5.lam wrote:
matt335 wrote:This is a clear as MUD. I have a NAK2B plan that was $55 mth, and increased to $60 mth. I also have a VOIP plan. I pay around $78 all up each month. So if I do nothing my NAK2B goes up by $10 mth. Is it possible to talk to someone in EXETEL? I woudl like to ask for assistance in 1. Making sure I am on the right level of plans, and 2. what plan should I change to.
Matt
I think you should go with the new naked oCV200 plans. not sure if bandwidth for you but you get free local and nation calls and then extra free calls to optus mobiles. then can voip for other calls
Thank you. I cannot find anywhere what bandwidth I am on, I guess I am not looking hard enough. Will my VOIP number stay the same though? And when you say "I get free local calls, etc" do you mean on my VOIP line or another line? Sorry I am ignorant.
Matt

b10

Post by b10 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Couple of simple questions:

1) If you choose to stay on your current plan and pay the additional $10 fee, is this on top of the current admin fee of $3.00?

2) If you choose to change to the new plans will there still be a $3 admin fee?

Thanks

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:30 pm

1) If you choose to stay on your current plan and pay the additional $10 fee, is this on top of the current admin fee of $3.00?

2) If you choose to change to the new plans will there still be a $3 admin fee?
Forum Admin can confirm but I believe;

1 - Yes with respect to old plans.

2 - No.

patient

Post by patient » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi

I am happy to proceed with the changes (either OCV200 or OCV200/19) however I would like clarification on a few points. (Our current exetel service is: NF/22NOTEL)

1a) I am living in a unit above a shop and i believe (in the past at least) that optus would not provide services for these types of dwellings. Are you aware of this since/has their policy changed?

1b) If we are unable to connect to the optus provided option/service would this compel us to remain on the current one and pay the $10 increase? Are there other options (excluding leaving)

2a) I will be moving away from this residence in the middle of November (to go overseas so almost certainly wont need to transfer the service). What is the fee for canceling (in this case 2 months early)? Are there any other alternatives that you could suggest - right now i suspect i pay the remaining two months out as a penalty.

2b) If i also purchase the mobile 19 cap as part of the bundled package (OCV200/19) and i cancel in November can i continue with the mobile service for a while longer?

2c) do we pay the $20 sim fee if ordering the OCV200/19 option?

3) Is there any benefit in purchasing a mobile phone through you at the same time?

4a) Will you provide set up instructions (i am very technology illerate) for initially setting up the PSTN phone and also how to switch between PSTN and VOIP for the phone.

4b) can we still use the VOIP phone or softphone to make cheaper international calls - in my case 2c / min calls to China mobiles :)

4c) can we bar international calls on the PSTN phone

4d) and also bar mobile calls on the PSTN line/phone?

many thanks
Last edited by patient on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d5.lam

Post by d5.lam » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:47 pm

matt335 wrote:
d5.lam wrote:
Matt
Thank you. I cannot find anywhere what bandwidth I am on, I guess I am not looking hard enough. Will my VOIP number stay the same though? And when you say "I get free local calls, etc" do you mean on my VOIP line or another line? Sorry I am ignorant.
Matt
np. free calls is from the pstn line. although it is naked which they have said is a marketing gimmick this case they have left the pstn intact so not disabled like the usual naked plans. so you can make all ur calls from pstn. mobile calls (that dont belong to optus) or specials from ur voip.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:06 pm

ajhoward wrote:(ForumAdmin)
I don't understand what you are having a problem with.

If you are within the contract period then nothing changes for you.

Yeah, until March then it will go up by $10
So, in March you make whatever decision suits you.

You don't have to do anything at all now.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:19 pm

oblong wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
brucebv wrote:Q. The new plans have me a bit confused, if I change to the A30 plan at $45/month, does that include the extra $3/month I started getting slugged with from October 1 2010, or will the $3 get added to the A30 cost bring it to $48/month ?
It will be $48.00 per month.
So you are saying that the current "admin fee" of $3 that some current plans are being charged will also appear on the new plans (A30 in this case)? I thought several posts here had been saying that the new plans do NOT have an "admin fee"?

http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_new.php makes no mention of a $3 admin fee (not even in the "other charges" section, as far as I can see.)

What is the actual situation, then?
It was my error - the new plans have no additional admin fee.

I answer so many questions that are phrased in so may ways.

aparashk

Post by aparashk » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Hello,

I am on the Z/21INCTEL plan, out of contract. Can I change to OCV200 and keep my PSTN number with that? Or would my current PSTN number need to be made my VOIP number with that plan? Can OCV200 take incoming PSTN line calls? I find this 'Naked', but not really, plan quite confusing.

Thanks a bunch!

Atanas

JellyMoon

Post by JellyMoon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:29 pm

I guess Exetel is a no-frills service

instead of
"Dear kind and lovely customer,
Since you have been with us for 3+ years, we'd love to renew your contract with us and offer you a special price for your commitment."

we get
"Dear so and so,
life is tough, we pay so much and absorb costs so now you have to either pay more or go in a contract , if you don't like it feel free to go somewhere else"

oblong

Post by oblong » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:31 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: It was my error - the new plans have no additional admin fee.
I answer so many questions that are phrased in so may ways.
No problem. Thanks for the clarification.

wasabi

Post by wasabi » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm

JellyMoon wrote:I guess Exetel is a no-frills service

instead of
"Dear kind and lovely customer,
Since you have been with us for 3+ years, we'd love to renew your contract with us and offer you a special price for your commitment."

we get
"Dear so and so,
life is tough, we pay so much and absorb costs so now you have to either pay more or go in a contract , if you don't like it feel free to go somewhere else"

just what i was thinking.

Claaah

Post by Claaah » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:07 pm

I am in a similar situation to some others who have posted.

- I am a long time exetel customer
- I recently changed plans in December (to OTAA) and payed the Plan Change Fee to avoid renewing my contract
- I do not want to renew my contract as I will be leaving the country in less than 12 months and do not want to pay the cancellation fee. Having said that I am a loyal exetel customer and when i return to Australia in a year or so i had every intention of returning to exetel.
- I now either have to pay the extra cost to stay on my current plan, or pay another $40 to change to one of the "new" plans without renewing the contract.

This seems kind of unfair to me. If I had known this would happen i would have waited a month and changed to one of the "new" plans in Jan, rather than having to change twice - and having to pay twice!

Admin - you mentioned that anyone who changed plans after October '10 will be refunded the plan change fee if they sign up for a new contract, but what about those of us who cannot sign up for a contract!?

This is the first time i have ever been disapointed in exetel's service.

I think that it would be fair for you to allow me to change to the OT30 plan (same price I am paying now but with reduced download limit) without paying the plan change fee, as 1. I already paid to change to what i thought was a "new" plan in December and 2. I would still be paying the same amount but getting less for it, which surely benefits exetel.