Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Locked
mjwills
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:16 am

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by mjwills » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:A January Exetel Customer news letter has been sent to all Exetel customers earlier today advising of a $10.00 price increase per month on all customer plans that are out of contract. This price increase will come into effect on 1st February 2011.

PLEASE NOTE THIS INCREASE DOES NOT AFFECT CUSTOMERS STILL IN CONTRACT
One of my family members has a single service with Exetel (i.e. no ADSL):

Mobile 10 Cap $10.00 $75.00 Active (ie $10 a month for $75 of credit)

Will this be affected by this price increase? Or will they continue to be charged $10 a month as currently?

iFX
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by iFX » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm

paulp wrote: If you move you wont resign for another 12 months. It will carry through
Sorry, are you saying we can take it with us when we move? what are the conditions? as currently we don't know where or when we will be moving... in a few months we will be temporarily moving to another unit while we look for a house... so there will actually be 2 planned moves this year... I'm currently thinking 3G might be our best option until we're settled... what would you recommend?

AngeKelly
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by AngeKelly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:30 pm

I am an out of contract customer. I am happy to switch over to one of these new Optus plans however I may be moving within the next 12 months so my questions are:

- although you can relocate under these plans with no fees, are there any restrictions on where these plans can be connected up? Is there a chance that these plans won't be available at a new address?

- how to I take up the option of paying $40 and not being tied down to a 12 month contract? I went through the process of changing the plan in my account but could not find this option anywhere.

Thanks.

User avatar
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm

mjwills wrote:
Will this be affected by this price increase? Or will they continue to be charged $10 a month as currently?
the rise applies to residential ADSL plans, not applicable to the mobile plan

QPR_FC
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by QPR_FC » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm

AngeKelly wrote:I am an out of contract customer. I am happy to switch over to one of these new Optus plans however I may be moving within the next 12 months so my questions are:
...
- how to I take up the option of paying $40 and not being tied down to a 12 month contract? I went through the process of changing the plan in my account but could not find this option anywhere.
Thanks.

I'm also wanting to pay the $40 and not enter into a 12 month plan as I will be going overseas for a long period later this year....I cannot find it anyway in member facilities too.

How can we select this option?

dmt002
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by dmt002 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:09 pm

I just want to check that I will be selecting the right plan:
I am currently on INC2DSLA - out of contract paying $55 for 8GB peak. I noticed that on the plans I can change to there is OT30 which works out to be $55 per month (phone & ADSL2) with 30GB.

So with the changes I will be paying the same amount but getting more peak download? Or will there be an increase of $10 from February? I couldn't work out the wording of the email I received.
If one of these plans is more suitable than your current plan will be when its monthly cost to you increases by $10.00 on 1st February 2010 then use the form on the User Facilities to apply for the new plan which will come in to effect on 1st February 2011.
Thanks.

User avatar
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:11 pm

dmt002 wrote:I just want to check that I will be selecting the right plan:
I am currently on INC2DSLA - out of contract paying $55 for 8GB peak. I noticed that on the plans I can change to there is OT30 which works out to be $55 per month (phone & ADSL2) with 30GB.

So with the changes I will be paying the same amount but getting more peak download? Or will there be an increase of $10 from February? I couldn't work out the wording of the email I received.
If one of these plans is more suitable than your current plan will be when its monthly cost to you increases by $10.00 on 1st February 2010 then use the form on the User Facilities to apply for the new plan which will come in to effect on 1st February 2011.
Thanks.
$10 increase applies to your old plan, the plans offered now are the price they are shown

oblong
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by oblong » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:12 pm

QPR_FC wrote:
AngeKelly wrote:I am an out of contract customer. I am happy to switch over to one of these new Optus plans however I may be moving within the next 12 months so my questions are:
...
- how to I take up the option of paying $40 and not being tied down to a 12 month contract? I went through the process of changing the plan in my account but could not find this option anywhere.
Thanks.
I'm also wanting to pay the $40 and not enter into a 12 month plan as I will be going overseas for a long period later this year....I cannot find it anyway in member facilities too.

How can we select this option?
In my user facilities, when I go to "change service" and "Apply", there is a section at the top with radio buttons:

New Service Contract Period:
  • New 12 months Contract
  • Keep Existing Contract.
Selecting "Keep existing contract" will add $40 to the "Cost of plan" column below.

Nekcarccm
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:01 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by Nekcarccm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Sorry, I'm getting confused with this large thread. I've seen the following re-quoted and just want to know which one is the correct one?

From ForumAdmin:
"2) If you have paid for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then any charge made will be credited against any charge incurred in signing for a new plan this month.

2) If you have been charged for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then that charge will be refunded to you before the end of February - provided you have selected a new contract when you changed plans this month"

Hopefully the later? Thanks.

aswetzel
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: Griffith

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by aswetzel » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Stickler wrote:Hi,

I changed to a new plan ONC mid-December 2010 and paid a plan change fee of $40 - was that becasue I chose not to be on contract? because to be honest I can't remember and it seems I'm not on contract because I have received the emails being spoken about. It seems my best option now is to choose the OCV200 plan for $60/month which gives me 40gb less per month AND A 12 MONTH CONTRACT instead of my current plan going up to $73/month.
I can't help but feel a bit annoyed about the $40 plan change fee because if I'd waited 2 weeks - which I would have if I'd known - I wouldn't have to have paid it.
Any chance of having this credited because of pity for those who through no fault of their own had incredibly bad timing?

Thanks, Nick
Same here.

kozdesign
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:03 pm

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by kozdesign » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:54 pm

I'm currently on the very old NAK2A plan.
It charges me $45 a month, and currently I have a service surcharge of $5 a month. ie total $50/month.

Will my service surcharge change from $5 to $10? Or will $10 be added to it, making the surcharge $15?
ie will my new total monthly cost, if I don't do anything, be $55 or $60?

Thanks,
Joshua

JOHNNY_JO_JINX
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:56 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by JOHNNY_JO_JINX » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:06 pm

This email to existing customers out of contract has to be the most confusing directive ever given by Exetel.

I have no problem with Exetel staying afloat (and I hope they do) by charging whatever they need to, but after trawling through the (last count) 26 pages of this thread, I am more confused than ever. Existing customer change options seem to be changing day by day. I'd like to do something by the end of the month, but I am doubting whether I will have sufficient understanding of all the options by then. I also have 4 other people out of contact, who I convinced to take up Exetel, now asking me what I recommend. I don't know what to recommend to them yet!

I raised a ticket 2 days ago, requesting info on how I might migrate to an OT/OC plan from my current NF plan. I assume from the lack of response to date, that residential sales/support has been overwhelmed with similar queries.

I have been trying to ascertain from this thread 3 facts, which have been mentioned many times, but not definitively, at least to my dumbdumb way of thinking:

1. Which new plans have NO $3 admin fee? Can they please be listed?

2. Will the existing $3 admin fee still apply to additional services- HSPA, fax, etc., if a customer cancels existing ADSL2 to take up a new OT/OC plan. i.e. if Exetel can tell me how to migrate from NF to OT/OC, and keep my existing additional services, will there still be a $3 admin fee?

3. Can a PSTN number ONLY be migrated to a VOIP number on the OC plan? If so, when someone on an OC plan makes a call on the PSTN service, what CLI will display?

AngeKelly
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:39 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by AngeKelly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:11 pm

oblong wrote:
QPR_FC wrote:
AngeKelly wrote:I am an out of contract customer. I am happy to switch over to one of these new Optus plans however I may be moving within the next 12 months so my questions are:
...
- how to I take up the option of paying $40 and not being tied down to a 12 month contract? I went through the process of changing the plan in my account but could not find this option anywhere.
Thanks.
I'm also wanting to pay the $40 and not enter into a 12 month plan as I will be going overseas for a long period later this year....I cannot find it anyway in member facilities too.

How can we select this option?
In my user facilities, when I go to "change service" and "Apply", there is a section at the top with radio buttons:

New Service Contract Period:
  • New 12 months Contract
  • Keep Existing Contract.
Selecting "Keep existing contract" will add $40 to the "Cost of plan" column below.

I don't have that option on my screen at all. I'm currently on a Naked ADSL plan (NAK2B) and my option is to switch over to one of the OPTUS plans (OCV200 /19 /35).

User avatar
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:31 pm

JOHNNY_JO_JINX wrote:This email to existing customers out of contract has to be the most confusing directive ever given by Exetel.

I have no problem with Exetel staying afloat (and I hope they do) by charging whatever they need to, but after trawling through the (last count) 26 pages of this thread, I am more confused than ever. Existing customer change options seem to be changing day by day. I'd like to do something by the end of the month, but I am doubting whether I will have sufficient understanding of all the options by then. I also have 4 other people out of contact, who I convinced to take up Exetel, now asking me what I recommend. I don't know what to recommend to them yet!

I raised a ticket 2 days ago, requesting info on how I might migrate to an OT/OC plan from my current NF plan. I assume from the lack of response to date, that residential sales/support has been overwhelmed with similar queries.

I have been trying to ascertain from this thread 3 facts, which have been mentioned many times, but not definitively, at least to my dumbdumb way of thinking:

1. Which new plans have NO $3 admin fee? Can they please be listed?

2. Will the existing $3 admin fee still apply to additional services- HSPA, fax, etc., if a customer cancels existing ADSL2 to take up a new OT/OC plan. i.e. if Exetel can tell me how to migrate from NF to OT/OC, and keep my existing additional services, will there still be a $3 admin fee?

3. Can a PSTN number ONLY be migrated to a VOIP number on the OC plan? If so, when someone on an OC plan makes a call on the PSTN service, what CLI will display?
1. no new plan has a $3 admin fee on top, what you see is what you pay

2. as above, no $3 admin fee on new plans

3. not sure on that but better to put it in email and get an official reply, might take a day or two if they are inundated at the moment

User avatar
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:39 pm

AngeKelly wrote:I don't have that option on my screen at all. I'm currently on a Naked ADSL plan (NAK2B) and my option is to switch over to one of the OPTUS plans (OCV200 /19 /35).
Email residentialsales@exetel.com.au instead then to request the plan change
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Locked