Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:17 pm

A January Exetel Customer news letter has been sent to all Exetel customers on January 1st advising of a $10.00 price increase per month on all customer plans that are out of contract. This price increase will come into effect on 1st February 2011. A second email was sent to all out of contract customers two days ago confirming the details contained in the news letter.

PLEASE NOTE THIS INCREASE DOES NOT AFFECT CUSTOMERS STILL IN CONTRACT OR WIRELESS BROADBAND CUSTOMERS

If you didn't receive this email then you would need to look in the user facilities to see that your email address you have nominated for Exetel to contact you on is still current. On your January invoice you will notice there was a reminder to ensure your contact email is correct.

There are also new plans on the Exetel User Facilities which you may prefer to change to and there will be no plan change charge should you elect to do this and enter in to a new contract.

You may like to ameliorate the ADSL price increase by signing up for a very low cost Optus mobile plan. By doing this, if it suits your needs, you will receive a $10.00 or $15.00 monthly discount on your ADSL monthly charge.

Over the coming week there will be similar discount offers on wireless plans and VoIP plans as well as a bundled offer for unlimited local, national and Optus mobile calls.

Customers on out of contract plans will be advised by email, a further two times, throughout January of this situation.

Naked ADSL2 Changing To New 'Naked' OCV FAQ (04/01/2011)

Q1. Is there an admin charge fee for the new plans?

A. No, there is no 'admin fee' in the new plans. Paying by credit card still incurs the $1.10 surcharge.

Q2. I have a VOIP service, will this be affected in applying for these new 'naked' ADSL2 plans with the phone?

A. No it will not. Upon applying for the new plan, you will receive a new PSTN

Q.3 But what if I ported my original PSTN to VOIP? Can I revert back?

A.You can, however this is a manual process and takes approximately 5-10 working days to complete.

Q.4 What about with respect to caller ID? Is this optional? Does this cost anything?

A. Outgoing caller ID for your PSTN calls will show as your PSTN number - you can have this masked (shows as "private") but can't make this show as your VOIP number; incoming caller ID costs $3/month charged by supplier

Q. 5 Are 1300/13 included in the free local/national calls?

No they are not. They are charged as per the standard 30c per call.

Q6. In regards to free calls to Optus mobiles, does this include Optus resellers?

A. Yes.

Q7. How can I apply for this?

For all current naked ADSL2 customers this can be done via your secure user facilities under 'Manage Services -> ADSL'

Q8. How long does it take to complete the change?

All plan changes take effect on the 1st working day of the month. In terms of time for the physical change it takes approximately up to 3 working days to 'revive' the PSTN. For those that ask(when fully available) to opt to revert back to PSTN from their ported VOIP number, this takes around 5-10 working days.

Q9. Any change of plan fee?

No.

Q10. what about if I'm within contract? Do I have pay an exit fee to change plan?

No. What will happen is that you will be asked to renew your contract again. This means a new 12 month contract will begin from when this new plan takes into effect.

Q11. Any peak/off peak with these new plans?

No, the quota given is for the month given.

Q12. Will my I.P stay the same?

Yes.

Q13. What if I have a naked ADSL2 service and I wish to change to these new 'naked' plans but wish to have my previous telephone number that I orginally lost back again?(And you did not port it to VOIP)?Can Exetel do this?.)

In short No. If you didnt port this number as a voip number, but instead decided to opt in for a naked service and in doing so losing the number means this telephone number is in quarantine with Telstra. As we are utilizing the Optus network it would mean having to 'double port' in going back to Telstra (and thus losing your ADSL2 service) and then going back to Exetel. Highly inefficient in both time and money and hence we dont offer any seamless process in this aspect.

Q14. In selecting a mobile service in conjunction with these new plans do I get a discount?

Yes, as this is already incorporated in the OCV200/19 and OCV200/35 plans.

Q15. Can I port my number to one of these plans in conjunction with ADSL2?

Yes you can.

Q16. What happens if I relocate to a different premises on these new plans within the 12 month contract?

Specifically for OCV plans only our contract won't start again. We will use the original sign up date as the start of the 12 month period. Moving to a new place does not restart the contract.

vbap

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by vbap » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:34 pm

Would it be possible to add to the FAQ something about the credit for change in plan fee for those who recently incurred one? It does not impact me, but there are many posts raising this, and a couple of posts have indicated that there will be some sort of credit.

camh

Post by camh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:09 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: Q16. What happens if I relocate to a different premises on these new plans within the 12 month contract?

Your contract won't start again. We will use the original sign up date as the start of the 12 month period. Moving to a new place does not restart the contract.
That is interesting. Does this mean there is no contract break fee if you move within contract?

If that is the case, can you guarantee that for the duration of the contract?

What is the relocation charge?

I'm asking because in 2007 when I first signed up for Optus ADSL2+ I was told there would be no break fee, just a relocation fee. So I signed up (knowing I would be moving in a couple of months). When I moved, I was told the rules had changed and I would have to pay a $100 break fee and $145 to install a new service (which was later reduced to $0 as part of a new promotion).

And now I find myself in the same situation - considering a new contract knowing I will have to move soon. Having been burnt once, I was going to wait until I moved before starting a new contract and maybe not even then (since I may move yet again within 12 months, if I don't find a nice place first time, moving interstate). Now I read this FAQ question (Q16) and I'm reevaluating my options.

It would be good to have some clear guidance on this issue. Thanks.

blacksun

Post by blacksun » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Since my previous post on the last thread disappeared after the topic was locked I will post again.

In my ADSL account details in the Member Facility it says I am under contact until 1st April 2011.
Why is that I am being told that I am out of contract and have to change by 1st Feb or receive a $10 penalty?

My other issue is that I did the right thing by changing to a "new" plan on 1st December 2010 onyl to find out I am now being forced to change to a more expensive less value plan. This is very hard to swallow when I have been on my "new" plan for just over 1 month.

I am eager to here your reply.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:27 pm

That is interesting. Does this mean there is no contract break fee if you move within contract?

If that is the case, can you guarantee that for the duration of the contract?

What is the relocation charge?
There should not be any. I am confirming this but if you move, there should be no charge.
In my ADSL account details in the Member Facility it says I am under contact until 1st April 2011.
Why is that I am being told that I am out of contract and have to change by 1st Feb or receive a $10 penalty?
PM me your details and I'll have a look.

the claw

Post by the claw » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

I am on a NAK2A plan, currently being hit $53 per month, with the line provided by Telstra. I am thinking of converting to the OCV200 plan for $60 a month with some free ordinary phone calls. A bit later I will add an optus mobile phone and trial that.
I leave my modem connected 24/7. If I change plans:
1 - how long will my Internet be unavailable (and when)?
2 - will I need to reconfigure my modem, password, etc

Nekcarccm

Post by Nekcarccm » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:44 pm

The following variations of the same statement were posted in the previous thread

"From ForumAdmin:
2) If you have paid for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then any charge made will be credited against any charge incurred in signing for a new plan this month.
2) If you have been charged for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then that charge will be refunded to you before the end of February - provided you have selected a new contract when you changed plans this month"

Which one is valid? Or are both valid depending on whether members choose to stay off contract or go onto a new 12 month contract?

For me I am considering going onto the new 12 month contract for OT30. I changed plans in Dec to OTAA and was charged $40 on Jan 1.

If I do go onto the new 12 month plan for OT30, will the $40 charged on Jan 1 be refunded?

Thanks.

Lilac

Post by Lilac » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Dear forum admin,

I hope this is the right place to ask.

In consequence of the latest plans being issued, I am considering moving to the T8-60 plan.

I wish to have confirmed that the download allowance for peak time is 60gb, as in the memebers' area for change of plans it is 60gb, however, for new sign-ups to Exetel it is shown (as of 06/01/2011) as 70gb (given as T8-60 plan).

Please advise.

Many thanks Peter.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:07 pm

I am on a NAK2A plan, currently being hit $53 per month, with the line provided by Telstra. I am thinking of converting to the OCV200 plan for $60 a month with some free ordinary phone calls. A bit later I will add an optus mobile phone and trial that.
1 - All naked adsl2 users who wish to apply for the plan change will have no downtime with respect to the addition of the telephony service.
2 - No.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:15 pm

the claw wrote:I am on a NAK2A plan, currently being hit $53 per month, with the line provided by Telstra. I am thinking of converting to the OCV200 plan for $60 a month with some free ordinary phone calls. A bit later I will add an optus mobile phone and trial that.
1. If you are on NAK plan, you have no phone line from Telstra. NAK plans are Optus provided without dial tone, so I *think* to go to the OCV plans, which are also Optus provided, there would be no downtime
2. No. Both NAK and OCV are ADSL2+ and use the same settings and logins. Nothing will change.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:17 pm

If I'm "In contract" with an add-on FREE wireless plan (OTA-W) at $10/month for the year to pay off the modem, do I still get to keep the free wireless part of my plan if I move to a new "current" plan? I like one of the new plans and the fact that if I move plans I lose the $3 admin charge but don't want to lose my free wireless! If not are there any other options avail. like moving it to a WBP plan without plan change/break contract fees etc?
Last edited by thomashouseman on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wob76

Post by Wob76 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Q.3 But what if I ported my original PSTN to VOIP? Can I revert back?
A.You can, however this is a manual process and takes approximately 5-10 working days to complete.
Hi,

I am looking to change my plan, I am on the old Z/21NOTEL plan. I ported my PSTN number to voip when changing to Naked and would like to port it back in the change.

Can you explain what the manual process is for this? Do I need to organise this before selecting the new plan from the change service page?

Regards,
Beau

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:25 pm

blacksun wrote:Since my previous post on the last thread disappeared after the topic was locked I will post again.

My other issue is that I did the right thing by changing to a "new" plan on 1st December 2010 onyl to find out I am now being forced to change to a more expensive less value plan. This is very hard to swallow when I have been on my "new" plan for just over 1 month.

I am eager to here your reply.
No-one here can help you.

Call sales or email them.

the claw

Post by the claw » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:35 pm

paulp wrote:
I am on a NAK2A plan ...
1 - All naked adsl2 users who wish to apply for the plan change will have no downtime with respect to the addition of the telephony service.
Thanks. I will take the OCV200 plan.

I'm not particularly impressed by the cost of my Internet increasing from $45 to $60 in just two years. Still, the service has been reliable over this period, and I will gain some benefit from the free phone calls and massive download allowance of the new plan.

Call me a happy customer.

Insulator

Post by Insulator » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:08 pm

What I don't understand is this:

I changed my plan at the start of September, at which point I elected not to take up a new contract, in case I got an offer I couldn't refuse elsewhere. Now, if I had taken up a new contract at that point, I would be able to remain on that plan (1500X), and from what I understand Exetel would consider this a viable option, due to their new contract bonuses.

So why isn't there the option for me to take up a renewing contract on my existing plan, which surely would put Exetel in the same situation financially? I'll probably take up the PAYU plan, but renewing on 1500X would be clearly preferable to me.