Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
patient

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by patient » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi

I will be moving to one of the OCV plans. I will be leaving my current residence in november 2011 and going overseas:

Is it possible to avoid the 12 month contract? I read something about a $40 fee as an alternative to being locked into a contract, is this correct or only for current 'in contract' customers (i am out of contract).

(i have read the forums but did not see an answer to this question, or at least i don't think i did)

thanks

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Insulator wrote:So why isn't there the option for me to take up a renewing contract on my existing plan, which surely would put Exetel in the same situation financially? I'll probably take up the PAYU plan, but renewing on 1500X would be clearly preferable to me.
I guess it would be up to the wholesaler, as they're the ones offering the discounted costs for 'new' contracts. If you're on 1500X, that's a Telstra plan, and I'm pretty sure from past posts that Telstra aren't offering anything to Exetel that would allow them to do this.

Mort

Post by Mort » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:31 pm

I think I'm starting to understand all the options now. So many questions asked in these threads I dunno how you haven't gone crazy trying to answer them all.

Anyway.
Q.3 But what if I ported my original PSTN to VOIP? Can I revert back?

A.You can, however this is a manual process and takes approximately 5-10 working days to complete.
  1. I currently have a Helstra PSTN line that is seperate to my Naked ADSL. Looking at the Q&A above, does that mean it would be possible to port that PSTN number as the PSTN number on the new service?
  2. If I port my wifes mobile (Vodafail) to one of the included cap plans, can I "upgrade" it to the CAP59? The only bundle options I see are for the CAP19 and CAP35.
  3. If I port my existing PSTN number to VoIP, is it then locked to Exetel or would I be able to port it away to another provider in the unlikely event of me leaving Exetel?
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

jimwh

Post by jimwh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi
I am keen to change to the new 'naked' plan as I am currently with the old naked plan. As noted in the 'change plan' page there is an option:
A full telephony service (this includes local calls, long distance and service and equipment charges)
What are the service and equipment charges? What will happen if untick this option? Do I still get the free PTSN calls to landline and Optus mobiles?
Regards

srini

Post by srini » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi Exetel,

I'm currently Out of contract with an old plan ADSL2+Telephone, from Optus.
Just want to confirm something that read from previous forum, no relocation charge on Optus service.

I'm with exetel for last 7+ years and going to move to a new house in 3 months. Thus looking to avoid
entering a contract and paying termination fee plus relocation fee.

Could someone confirm the relocation fee for Optus service customers?

Thanks in advace
Srini

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:17 pm

1. I currently have a Helstra PSTN line that is seperate to my Naked ADSL. Looking at the Q&A above, does that mean it would be possible to port that PSTN number as the PSTN number on the new service?
2. If I port my wifes mobile (Vodafail) to one of the included cap plans, can I "upgrade" it to the CAP59? The only bundle options I see are for the CAP19 and CAP35.
3. If I port my existing PSTN number to VoIP, is it then locked to Exetel or would I be able to port it away to another provider in the unlikely event of me leaving Exetel?

1 - Yes.
2 - This feature will be available in the user facilities by the end of the month
3 -You can port this away to another carrier no problem.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Could someone confirm the relocation fee for Optus service customers?
I am doing this now. I'll advise once I get confirmation. It should be a no charge for relocating within contract, but again, Im checking on this.

d5.lam

Post by d5.lam » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:23 pm

will there be any cli for our voip

Kazagha

Post by Kazagha » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Is it possible to change to an ADSL 2 with telephone plan during this no-cost period? I can only find the plan under the 'relocating your adsl service', or failing that if it does incur a change is this where I go to change plans?

Kind Regards,

schwobj

Post by schwobj » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:51 pm

I am on the following plan:
Plan Type: NF/512
Monthly Access Charge: $33.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 6000
Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): 12000
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50
Service Line Speed: 512/128
Service Activation Date: 2009-12-14
Contract Period: 6 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2010-06-14

What do you suggest as an *equivalent* plan I should move to, in order to avoid this extortionate $10.00 increase? When I say *equivalent*, I mean no bundles with mobile or home line, similar price, download limits (actually could be lower), and service speed. Happy to sign up for a new contract term, but not happy if I have to pay more.

TijN

Post by TijN » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:11 pm

I only changed plan like 2 months ago, Was a forced plan change because my current plan was obsolete. I paid more I think $20 dollars so i wouldn't be in a new contract considering I've been here since 2005.

It feels like I just paid $20 for nothing, and more so to get a worst deal? because if i started another contract (free) I wouldn't have to pay $10 more a month now? that doesn't make any sense to me.

please confirm if this effects me. thanks.

Mort

Post by Mort » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:17 pm

edit: retyped after I asked completely the wrong question.
paulp wrote:
1 - Yes.
Do I need to arrange the PSTN number port at the time I apply for the new contract, or can I port and replace the "new" PSTN number after the ADSL service change has been completed?
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:27 pm

TijN wrote:I only changed plan like 2 months ago, Was a forced plan change because my current plan was obsolete. I paid more I think $20 dollars so i wouldn't be in a new contract considering I've been here since 2005.

It feels like I just paid $20 for nothing, and more so to get a worst deal? because if i started another contract (free) I wouldn't have to pay $10 more a month now? that doesn't make any sense to me.

please confirm if this effects me. thanks.
If you are out of contract it affects you.

Wob76

Post by Wob76 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Wob76 wrote:
Q.3 But what if I ported my original PSTN to VOIP? Can I revert back?
A.You can, however this is a manual process and takes approximately 5-10 working days to complete.
Hi,

I am looking to change my plan, I am on the old Z/21NOTEL plan. I ported my PSTN number to voip when changing to Naked and would like to port it back in the change.

Can you explain what the manual process is for this? Do I need to organise this before selecting the new plan from the change service page?

Regards,
Beau
Any chance I can get an answer on this one? What is the manual process required to port my VOIP (Old PSTN) back to PSTN on the new plan?

Regards,
Beau

wood888

Post by wood888 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:12 pm

From the previous topic:
ForumAdmin wrote: Probably - $50.00 per month for 10 gb.
Any word if/when the cheaper plan with less downloads is going to be put up on the website?

Cheers