Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Klaas

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by Klaas » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:28 pm

jimwh wrote:Hi
I am keen to change to the new 'naked' plan as I am currently with the old naked plan. As noted in the 'change plan' page there is an option:
A full telephony service (this includes local calls, long distance and service and equipment charges)
What are the service and equipment charges? What will happen if untick this option? Do I still get the free PTSN calls to landline and Optus mobiles?
Regards
The service and equipment charges (effectively line rental) are included in the monthly fee (eg, $60 for OCV 200).

I'm not sure what would happen if you unticked the option, but if you don't get a full telephony service, the free PSTN calls are useless, as they require a full telephony service. PSTN refers to the normal telephony service that's been around for 100 years or so.

calljennycraig

Post by calljennycraig » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:41 pm

It would be interesting to know what has happened in the ISP envirnment over the past 3 months with the change in ADSL2+ the offers made by Exetel recently

Nov 2010 plan: OT Free-1 50gig peak Cap 19 mobile and line rental for $49 - I waited for this one to get into member facilities in Dec but it never made it.
Dec 2010 Plan OT Special 1 - 100gig peak?, cap19 mobile and line rental for $60
Jan 2010 Plan OT30/19 - 30 gig peak, cap 19 mobile and line rental for $65
I think there were a few other in between those as well (OTAA?)

I see that PAYG options have been added for the OT plans.
I think I remember a lower usage OCV plan was being considered (or at least asked for) in the 30+ pages of this thread. An OCV 10 or 15 would be a good start.
Can anyone confirm if this sort of plan is being considered?

Thanks,

Craig

Komp

Post by Komp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi guys

There was a mention in the last thread of crediting the $20 change of plan fee charged in Nov/Dec - can anyone from Exetel shed any light on this?

I wouldn't have paid $20 to change plans if I knew there was a price increase a couple of months away

dragon

Post by dragon » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:22 am

quick question.
why are the OCV plans under 'naked' adsl?
unless im incorrect (if i am can someone correct me? because it means i've misunderstood a lot of this thread) the new ocv plans reactivate the pstn line so its not really a naked service. would it be more correct to call it a adsl2+ bundled with home phone line plan?
im just trying to get around the ocv plan being under "naked" adsl.. i feel like im misunderstanding something..

Syalinho

Post by Syalinho » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:01 am

Hi,

I am forced to rethink changing to ADSL2 since the Exetel is going to increase price for out of contract customers.

I am with ADSL1 and would like to change to “A30” plan. According to the "change plan" website, this plan is a “ADSL2 (no telephone)” plan.

Can I change to “A30” plan and still keep my existing landline (telephone)?

Thanks.

Syalinho

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:11 am

Syalinho wrote:Hi,

I am forced to rethink changing to ADSL2 since the Exetel is going to increase price for out of contract customers.

I am with ADSL1 and would like to change to “A30” plan. According to the "change plan" website, this plan is a “ADSL2 (no telephone)” plan.

Thanks.

Syalinho
The A* plans are with AAPT equipment (DSLAM [1]) at the exchange, the O* plans are with an Optus DSLAM, the T* plans use a Telstra DSLAM.

All DSL services options rely on which equipment is available at YOUR exchange. Those wanting the OCV plans _must_ have an Optus DSLAM at their exchange, those wanting A* plans must have an AAPT DSLAM -- if neither provider has the equipment, then you'll need a T* plan. Now .... all this is academic if the DSLAM you want to use doesn't have a spare port.

The bottom line is, you can only get an ADSL2 product of choice if the relevant wholesale provider has equipment at your exchange with an available port. Even then, there is no guarantee as you may be on a RIM [2] or suffering another "technology" blocker.

[1] http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/dslam
[2] http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/rim_remote ... ultiplexer

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:48 am

quick question.
unless im incorrect (if i am can someone correct me? because it means i've misunderstood a lot of this thread) the new ocv plans reactivate the pstn line so its not really a naked service. would it be more correct to call it a adsl2+ bundled with home phone line plan?
im just trying to get around the ocv plan being under "naked" adsl.. i feel like im misunderstanding something..
Technically speaking you'd be right. However the OCV plans have the ability to make a 'dormant' PSTN active again and vice versa. I know its different from the product term in market.

JOHNNY_JO_JINX

Post by JOHNNY_JO_JINX » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:02 am

Technically speaking you'd be right. However the OCV plans have the ability to make a 'dormant' PSTN active again and vice versa. I know its different from the product term in market.
Paul, I think you need to find a new name for the OCV plans, because the "naked" term is throwing a lot of people. Neo-Naked maybe? :)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:28 am

dragon wrote:quick question.
The OCV plans are special offers to current Naked users to give them an incentive to re-activate their crippled PSTN line.

There is no such thing as a naked service - it is marketing smoke and mirrors.

naked service require a PSTN ULL line which the provider subsequently cripples by removing the ability to make telephone calls over it.

It is a particularly stupid thing to do with no benefit to anyone.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 am

Syalinho wrote:I am with ADSL1 and would like to change to “A30” plan. According to the "change plan" website, this plan is a “ADSL2 (no telephone)” plan.
Yes. This is exactly what happens when moving from ADSL1 to an A plan. Provided your exchange is AAPT enabled, and there are spare ports, what will happen is that the ADSL1 codes will be removed and ADSL2 provisioned in place. Your Telstra provided landline stays exactly as is and so you will end up paying Exetel the A plan cost and Telstra the line rental cost
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:30 am

Syalinho wrote:Hi,

Thanks.

Syalinho
The (no telephone) means that you must obtain your telephone service from the provider of your choice (in your case this means remaining with your curent provider).

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:31 am

TijN wrote:
Komp wrote:There was a mention in the last thread of crediting the $20 change of plan fee charged in Nov/Dec - can anyone from Exetel shed any light on this?
I wouldn't have paid $20 to change plans if I knew there was a price increase a couple of months away
+1
same here i did exactly the same. paid a $20 fee for nothing 2 months ago?
I'm sure clarification on these rebates will be forthcoming. From ForumAdmin's comments, the $20 fee paid 2 month ago is not for nothing and you will get some sort of credit/rebate for it
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:38 am

Any chance I can get an answer on this one? What is the manual process required to port my VOIP (Old PSTN) back to PSTN on the new plan?

Regards,
Beau
- It's nothing you have to do in particular apart from letting Exetel taking care of it.I say its manual because there are no automatic backend processes to speed this up.

vbap

Post by vbap » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:58 am

paulp wrote:
Any chance I can get an answer on this one? What is the manual process required to port my VOIP (Old PSTN) back to PSTN on the new plan?

Regards,
Beau
- It's nothing you have to do in particular apart from letting Exetel taking care of it.I say its manual because there are no automatic backend processes to speed this up.
Perhaps - for yet further clarification - how would someone request it? Will it be in the application form or will an email need to be sent? Can the request be made at any time after the change to the OCV plan or only at time of application?
And while the manual porting process occurs, will the PSTN be available for use (using a temporary number)?

I'm not sure yet whether I want to port my VoIP number back to the PSTN line or not, so good to know how much time I have to make up my mind!

You're doing a great job with the questions Paul, thanks.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:17 am

Perhaps - for yet further clarification - how would someone request it? Will it be in the application form or will an email need to be sent? Can the request be made at any time after the change to the OCV plan or only at time of application?
And while the manual porting process occurs, will the PSTN be available for use (using a temporary number)?

I'm not sure yet whether I want to port my VoIP number back to the PSTN line or not, so good to know how much time I have to make up my mind!

You're doing a great job with the questions Paul, thanks.

- The form will have an option to advise that you have a current voip number that was a PSTN service and whether you want this back up on PSTN. this should be up before the end of the month.

- It will be implemented so that it should be completed at the same time was when the plan changes have been made. Obviously we will have to do some 'patch work' for those that have already ordered and wish to do this.

- Thank you for your compliment.