Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Wolverine

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by Wolverine » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:29 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
Affinity wrote:Can you provide a link to the AUP that it will be the "same as Optus" please. Optus have multiple deals, some with just $30 call value and the call costs are inflated ... 30c for a local call for starters! Optus also covers ANY GSM phone, not just Optus network, so there are differences there too.
We will publish an AUP for free calls by COB tomorrow.
Has this already been published? Sorry for asking if it has.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:14 pm

Wolverine wrote:
We will publish an AUP for free calls by COB tomorrow.

Has this already been published? Sorry for asking if it has.
I think it has been added to the general AUP - but I'm not sure.

It basically says "don't be a moron"....like the, possibly mythical, idiot that left his PSTN phone connected to the 'speaking clock' for the entire month.

I think the difficulty has been trying to establish what Optus considers to be unacceptable during this "holiday period".

Spectator

Post by Spectator » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi
Is the $50 OCV 10 GB plan still being contemplated? Did a quick scan and search and couldn't see any recent comment from Exetel - apologies if I missed it.

I guess the problem for Exetel is that offering the 10GB plan may make the 200GB plan a big loss maker as the pricing must require a lot of light downloaders to take it up to subsidise the cost of the heavy downloaders. So by offering both Exetel potentially makes a small profit on the 50Gb plan but large losses on the 200GB plan.

Spectator

sean34

Post by sean34 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi

Is the OCV200 plan reverting back to a standard PSTN line or is it going to still be VOIP. Many comments keep refering back to making VOIP calls and i'm lost or misunderstanding things? To clarify if i changed over to OCV200 and for some silly reason decided not to use the ADSL part or plug in a router anywhere then this line would work perfectly normal as a land line without any filters etc? Just plug in a domestic telephone in the socket and hey presto dial tone and can make calls?

Also if OCV200 is a PSTN line then at the moment i use a billion voip router. The current 'naked' line connects to the router and then my internal phone lines conncet into the back of the router to enable voip calls and the telephones to work. If i change to OCV200 does that mean i need to make different connections for my phones and also fit filters?

Will a phone work directly on the line? No need for connections to the router?

If i change to OCV200 can i get rid of my VOIP number (0730.......) and go back to my original land line number that was used to convert to Naked (075.......) I only ask as the only problem i ever encoutered with VOIP was the fact i had to have a Brisbane phone number. If i had a dollar for everytime someone locally says "oh do you live in Brisbane then" when i give them my number or the people locally that call and complain they have to make a long distance call to call us!
If so is there a option in the form when changing service?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:57 pm

sean34 wrote:Hi

1) Is the OCV200 plan reverting back to a standard PSTN line or is it going to still be VOIP. Many comments keep refering back to making VOIP calls and i'm lost or misunderstanding things? To clarify if i changed over to OCV200 and for some silly reason decided not to use the ADSL part or plug in a router anywhere then this line would work perfectly normal as a land line without any filters etc? Just plug in a domestic telephone in the socket and hey presto dial tone and can make calls?

2) Also if OCV200 is a PSTN line then at the moment i use a billion voip router. The current 'naked' line connects to the router and then my internal phone lines conncet into the back of the router to enable voip calls and the telephones to work. If i change to OCV200 does that mean i need to make different connections for my phones and also fit filters?

3) Will a phone work directly on the line? No need for connections to the router?

4) If i change to OCV200 can i get rid of my VOIP number (0730.......) and go back to my original land line number that was used to convert to Naked
1) It is a standard PSTN line

2) I don't know

3) Yes - it is a standard PSTN line

4) Your old PSTN number is no longer available to you

Ford Zephyr

Post by Ford Zephyr » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:04 pm

I am presently on TE-H plan so I can either accept a $10 pm increase or change to the T20-PAYU ADSL2 which would be around the same price.
On the Exetel page it shows 0 mbytes speed 0 gbytes downloads. What does this mean or what does one get on this plan?
Many thanks

sean34

Post by sean34 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:05 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
sean34 wrote:Hi

1) Is the OCV200 plan reverting back to a standard PSTN line or is it going to still be VOIP. Many comments keep refering back to making VOIP calls and i'm lost or misunderstanding things? To clarify if i changed over to OCV200 and for some silly reason decided not to use the ADSL part or plug in a router anywhere then this line would work perfectly normal as a land line without any filters etc? Just plug in a domestic telephone in the socket and hey presto dial tone and can make calls?

2) Also if OCV200 is a PSTN line then at the moment i use a billion voip router. The current 'naked' line connects to the router and then my internal phone lines conncet into the back of the router to enable voip calls and the telephones to work. If i change to OCV200 does that mean i need to make different connections for my phones and also fit filters?

3) Will a phone work directly on the line? No need for connections to the router?

4) If i change to OCV200 can i get rid of my VOIP number (0730.......) and go back to my original land line number that was used to convert to Naked
1) It is a standard PSTN line

2) I don't know

3) Yes - it is a standard PSTN line

4) Your old PSTN number is no longer available to you

4: so do i have to to have a another new number.? I thought i had read in this forum that you could go back to your old
pstn number which is what my account number is (075......@exetel......)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Ford Zephyr wrote:I am presently on TE-H plan so I can either accept a $10 pm increase or change to the T20-PAYU ADSL2 which would be around the same price.
On the Exetel page it shows 0 mbytes speed 0 gbytes downloads. What does this mean or what does one get on this plan?
Many thanks
PAYU = Pay As You Use.

You don't get any included download - you are charged $1.00 per gb you download in any month.

dmac76

Post by dmac76 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:59 pm

dmac76 wrote:My question is whether the wireline (if indeed it is ever activated) will have the same number it originally did (before i changed to naked)?

Again - no.
What's with the attitude from you?
This question has been asked twice in this thread. Once by Mort on Fri 7th at 12:10pm, and once by me.
The only reply to either is your "Again - no"
This forum aims to provide a place to find answers to alleviate individuals asking questions directly to exetel and them having to answer them again and again.
If i'm not allowed to ridicule exetel on their inability to make this a smooth transition, then surely civility is expected in return from Admins?
With posts like
"It is a particularly stupid thing to do with no benefit to anyone."
"perhaps like you, I don't have time to re-write those posts."
It's pretty clear you have lost site of the fact that the people asking these questions are exetels CUSTOMERS. Many of us have been loyal for a long time, and in this instance exetel has enforced mass change on many of their customers. Surely at least civil answers to questions rather than rude snide remarks is the least that can be expected?
How do i identify you? i intend to make a complaint about your attitude to exetel. Are you the only "Forum Admin"?
If you are an owner of exetel, then please contact me. If your attitude speaks for exetel then i intend to take my business elsewhere.

P.S. i have found people like Paul P very helpful and pleasant. Even Corey, who i've disagreed with at times has been civil and he's a volunteer!
Last edited by dmac76 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

dmac76

Post by dmac76 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:28 pm

ps. i should add that i've been a "loyal" exetel customer for many years. I appreciate the deals are usually good and as such there is an expected level of self service. I'm fine with this, however this change has been very problematic, and to get short shift when asking questions in a forum makes me wonder why i have supported what i thought (and still hope) was/is a good company offering a choice. I understand the need for price increases and think the new deals represent good value. While i don't like new contracts, i understand in this case that's part of the deal and so am not against it.
Last edited by dmac76 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peter_mcc

Post by peter_mcc » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:30 pm

peter_mcc wrote:From reading the first thread it appeared to me that the Optus "ADSL2+Telephone" people were going to be allowed to change to the OCV200 plan "later in the week". I sat and waited, checking the forum to see if the change would be announced and to see if it would appear in the user facilities.

So far not only hasn't it appeared but the OCV plans have disappeared totally. I wanted to change to the OCV200 plan because it was a great match for my usage. Is this possible? I did ask in the earlier thread but never saw a reply.
Any chance of an answer to this?

peter

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:09 am

peter_mcc wrote:
So far not only hasn't it appeared but the OCV plans have disappeared totally. I wanted to change to the OCV200 plan because it was a great match for my usage. Is this possible? I did ask in the earlier thread but never saw a reply.
You may need to choose the OC60 plan now at $75 -- then consider CAP plan(s) to go with it. The OC60 gives you 60GB peak plus 180GB off-peak, so an extra 40GB over the OCV200 although you would need to consider the peak/off-peak splits.

It seems that the original OCV200 is now only available to those that were (and still are) on an Exetel Naked plan. The intention was to only offer this plan to this group of users -- but whilst it appeared to be available to new users, it didn't last there very long (might have been a simple error).

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:11 am

peter_mcc wrote:
peter_mcc wrote:From reading the first thread it appeared to me that the Optus "ADSL2+Telephone" people were going to be allowed to change to the OCV200 plan "later in the week". I sat and waited, checking the forum to see if the change would be announced and to see if it would appear in the user facilities.

peter
Seems that the intention of the OCVplans are that they are only for current naked users who wish to "denakedise" their phone line. Barring any confirmation from Exetel otherwise, or the OCV plan appearing in your Member Facilities, I'd assume that it is not available to you. Instead, the regular OT plans are available to you and (for OT60 and up) these now have free local, national and Optus mobile calls in them, which they didn't previously.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

wood888

Post by wood888 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:44 am

Spectator wrote:Hi
Is the $50 OCV 10 GB plan still being contemplated? Did a quick scan and search and couldn't see any recent comment from Exetel - apologies if I missed it.
+1
Would also be interested to know if this is going to happen.
Thanks

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:12 am

So if they appear in your user facilities then can we assume we are eligible to apply. I have already done this in the hope that i get accepted before they remove them as these meet my needs given the changes this past month. I figured that as i was on a different hardware to optus on my exchange that perhaps i am eligible as changing to optus exchange hardware is seen as a new customer to optus. Anyway i hope that my application goes through otherwise i will be very disappointed and not looking forward to any of the other plans on offer.