Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
autron

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by autron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:06 am

dmac76 wrote:
dmac76 wrote:My question is whether the wireline (if indeed it is ever activated) will have the same number it originally did (before i changed to naked)?

Again - no.
What's with the attitude from you?
This question has been asked twice in this thread. Once by Mort on Fri 7th at 12:10pm, and once by me.
The only reply to either is your "Again - no"
Actually the question has been asked and answered dozens of times. This thread is a continuation of a much longer thread. I don't even come here that often and have seen that.

It has also been answered in the OCV FAQ Question13.
http://www.exetel.com.au/faq_naked_adsl2_ocv.php

I sometimes marvel at the patience shown by ForumAdmin.

gstark

Post by gstark » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:28 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
gstark wrote:In November I was called by Exetel and offered a new plan, but was told that it needed to be under a contract.

As I do not wish to be under a contract (what's wrong my existing, extensive history with Exetel?) I declined, but I was subsequently told - on this forum - that I could still take that offer, but pay a $20 sign-up fee, and that the option for that plan would appear on the Exetel website before the end of that month.

It's now some two months later, the sign-up fee had grown to $40, but that plan has still not yet appeared on the Exetel website. Certainly not under my "Change Plan" options, although I have asked about this, in these forums, several times.

Would it be possible to have some straight answers on this, please? And no, telling me to ring customer support pre-supposes that I have time to do that; I do not.

Thank you.
The only plans available for current customers are shown in your user facilities.

I have written several explanations of why new contracts are needed to provide maximum benefits to current users and, perhaps like you, I don't have time to re-write those posts.
Thank you, but that was not my question. I have no argument that new plans are required from time to time; that is nature of your business.

All I want is to understand why, when I was offered one plan a couple of months ago, which I declined purely for reasons of not wishing to sign up for an extended contract period, and then, within a couple of days of that occurring I was then further advised that I could have taken that plan with a small extra charge to account for my desire to not wish to be constrained by a contract, but that I should wait for that contract to appear amongst my options, that plan has (still) not appeared amongst my options.

Further, even today, when I look at the plans offered, there is no option presented that permits me to take the plan with no contract term, even though your January newsletter indicates that I have this option.
Exetel Newsletter wrote:If you don't wish to enter into a new contract period then you can select that option but you will be required to pay a $40.00 plan transfer fee.
When I look at my services page, all I see are options with 12 month contracts.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:18 am

gstark wrote:When I look at my services page, all I see are options with 12 month contracts.
That would apply to the OCV plans i would assume which require a 12 month contract to obtain the very significant benefits of those plans.

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:52 am

gstark wrote:When I look at my services page, all I see are options with 12 month contracts.
And if it's not OCV but OT plans you see, you can just click on the "Order"/"Apply" button, and in the application form you are given the option for $40 no contract or $0 for contract.

CorporateVoIP

Post by CorporateVoIP » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:12 am

sean34 wrote: 4: so do i have to to have a another new number.? I thought i had read in this forum that you could go back to your old pstn number which is what my account number is (075......@exetel......)
Yes you will receive a new number, your new PSTN will be allocated from whatever is available.

You can only regain your old number as a PSTN if you ported it to VoIP in the naked conversion process. If you did not bring your PSTN across to VoIP, it is either in quarantine with your original carrier or has been put back in THEIR available list.

For others reading this, the conversion from VoIP back to PSTN is a manual process - handled by PaulP's team.

If you already have a VoIP number issued by Exetel, it will remain a VoIP number and cannot be ported away to another service.

If you wish to divert calls from your VoIP number to your new PSTN, it will cost you a landine call - whatever the rate on your current VoIP plan is.
Last edited by CorporateVoIP on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mouseman

Post by mouseman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:21 am

Hi,

I just need some advice on this price change. I currently have/pay

22BYOLINE $48
Telstra Line $24
3 Mobile $29

My contract is up next month so therefore I need to either move/start a new contract/pay an extra $10

I was thinking of moving to a service where it bundles the home phone line along with the $19 mobile plan. If I go for this service can I still keep my old Telstra number? And is it possible to change this service in the members section?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:27 am

I was thinking of moving to a service where it bundles the home phone line along with the $19 mobile plan. If I go for this service can I still keep my old Telstra number? And is it possible to change this service in the members section?
You can keep your Telstra number.

It should be available on the user facilities however as you are on ADSL2 equipment where will be some downtime to transfer across which is also stipulated on the form.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:39 am

Postby nihonjin on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:48 pm
My only question i have now and forgive me if it has been asked but i cant recall it being answered yet.

Im am on a plan using the powertel exchange so if i change over to one of the new optus naked pstn plans will i have any downtime in the changeover and if so how long?

thanks.
- Yes there will be donwtime, essentially its up to 4-5 days to remove the AAPT/Powertel codes and then a further 10-14 days to transfer the service. Of course, qualification will be done first to determine whetehr you are eligible.
Do I get to choose a new landline number then? If yes, how and when do I do this?
- This is randomly generated. It can not be chosen.

Oh...ok. So porting of a VoIP number to the new PSTN is that like forwarding the VoIP incoming call? So there will be a VoIP call charge?
As mentioned there is no forwarding of the kind you mention, the number is changed onto different networks. Quite simply the VOIP number will route onto Optus equipment via the PSTN network.
Hi Paul,

Were you able to confirm the relocation charge for Optus service customers?
An early update would be highly appriciated.

Regards
- I should get this in the next couple of days.
Has this already been published? Sorry for asking if it has.(In regards to AUP for phone calls)
- suppliers should get back to me today or tomorrow onto which it will then be put up.

2) Also if OCV200 is a PSTN line then at the moment i use a billion voip router. The current 'naked' line connects to the router and then my internal phone lines conncet into the back of the router to enable voip calls and the telephones to work. If i change to OCV200 does that mean i need to make different connections for my phones and also fit filters?
- It means that the phones you have can now be connected onto additional sockets in the house/residence if you do indeed have them as the telephone service will be routed onto copper now from Optus. Of course you can play it both ways if you have a VOIP number and PSTN as well. All depends whether a new PSTN is given, of if you port your current VOIP back to PSTN and then decide to order a separate VOIP.

mouseman

Post by mouseman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:04 am

paulp wrote:
You can keep your Telstra number.

It should be available on the user facilities however as you are on ADSL2 equipment where will be some downtime to transfer across which is also stipulated on the form.

Thanks for ther quick response Paul. Can I confirm that the name of this plan is OCV200/19 for $70/month??

iFX

Post by iFX » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:24 am

Still haven't seen a definitive answer to this:
Col wrote:
Nekcarccm wrote: I think there's been a change to the wording since I posted what you replied to. I waiting for clarification on which is the correct wording below:
ForumAdmin wrote: 2) If you have paid for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then any charge made will be credited against any charge incurred in signing for a new plan this month.

2) If you have been charged for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then that charge will be refunded to you before the end of February - provided you have selected a new contract when you changed plans this month"
If the later is the correct one then I assume I can still go onto the 12 month contract for OT30 this month and the $40 charge from Jan 1 will be refunded. Again, awaiting confirmation on this.
... the first statement seems to imply that if you take the $40 existing contract option you will get any previous plan change fee (since 1st Oct) credited to your account. Yet the second statement implies that you need to go on a new contract to see any reimbursement. That's looking at it the way customers not wanting a new contract would look at it, instead of Nekcarccm's new contract perspective.
Col

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks for ther quick response Paul. Can I confirm that the name of this plan is OCV200/19 for $70/month??

thats correct.

mjsgh

Post by mjsgh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:46 am

CorporateVoIP wrote: Yes you will receive a new number, your new PSTN will be allocated from whatever is available.

You can only regain your old number as a PSTN if you ported it to VoIP in the naked conversion process. If you did not bring your PSTN across to VoIP, it is either in quarantine with your original carrier or has been put back in THEIR available list.

For others reading this, the conversion from VoIP back to PSTN is a manual process - handled by PaulP's team.

If you already have a VoIP number issued by Exetel, it will remain a VoIP number and cannot be ported away to another service.

If you wish to divert calls from your VoIP number to your new PSTN, it will cost you a landine call - whatever the rate on your current VoIP plan is.
Ok I am really confused by your answer now. This was my intial understanding as well, but in a response from ForumAdmin says otherwise. See this post.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37470&start=75#p286534

This is also confirmed by Paulp in a later post.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37470&start=120#p286623

My current understanding (from ForumAdmin's and Paulp's posts) is that you can use your current VoIP number as your new PSTN number.

So would you please confirm/clarify this once and for all? Perhaps this should be added to the FAQ list, as I think most people would be interested in this.

iFX

Post by iFX » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 am

Also a response I received from paulp in the previous thread mentioned something about being able to move the service if I did choose to sign up for a new contract (even though I already know I'll be moving at least two times in the next 12 months)...
paulp wrote:If you move you wont resign for another 12 months. It will carry through
However, the exetel site says the complete opposite:
Moving Your ADSL Service To Another Location
If you move your ADSL1/ADSL2 service to another location/line (even if it has the same number) our suppliers deem that to be a cancellation of service. There is no such thing as a “relocation of service”.

If you move your ADSL1/ADSL2 service it will incur a new installation fee. If your move is within the initial contract period there will also be an early cancellation charge. (Exetel’s wholesale providers do not recognize a relocation as anything but a cancellation of a service on one line and the installation of a new service on a different line).

By moving to a new location you also start a new contract; again because our suppliers deem this to be a new service
So, according to that, it would sound as though I'd be up for $160 ($100 cancellation + $60 install) each time I move... how's that a good option?? definitely doesn't encourage me to want to sign up on a new contract ;)

Is this correct?

Steerpike

Post by Steerpike » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:51 am

I apologise in advance if this has already been asked.

1) If I don't do anything and let the 1 Feb charge take effect (additional $10 charge), will I still be able to change to the new plans in March if I change my mind?

2) If I commit to the 12 months contract, will the offpeak and peak hours and schedule be subjected to changes?

3) Before I decide to leave my old plan and apply for a new plan, could you tell us more about this?
Over the coming week there will be similar discount offers on wireless plans and VoIP plans as well as a bundled offer for unlimited local, national and Optus mobile calls.
I currently subscribe to your wireless service. Also, if I take up the CAP 19 or 35 mobile discount offer, I'd like to know more about the optus bundle.

4) Re the Optus reselling services to us, are we actually getting better value from Exetel as opposed to subscribing directly to Optus for ADSL2+, home phone, mobile?

Kindly advice, thank you.

Regards

gstark

Post by gstark » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:54 am

vbap wrote:
And if it's not OCV but OT plans you see, you can just click on the "Order"/"Apply" button, and in the application form you are given the option for $40 no contract or $0 for contract.
Thank you.

That is the answer I was after.