Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
punjabiz

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by punjabiz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Dear Admin,

I have received the email like everyone to change plans.

I notice that the new plans are 12 months contact.

I dont mind changing over, but I intend to move houses within the next 2-6 months. As such, if I move service, will I be hit with a $100 early termination fees + the $90 moving charges?

Please let me know so a wise decision can be made.

Cheers

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:48 pm

punjabiz wrote:I dont mind changing over, but I intend to move houses within the next 2-6 months. As such, if I move service, will I be hit with a $100 early termination fees + the $90 moving charges?
Yes, you will likely incur an early termination fee if you sign up to a new contract and move before it elapses.

However, there are two options:
1. If you are moving from one Optus service and wish to bring that Optus service with you when you move, Exetel can get Optus to relocate it for you and Edit:there will be no charge though you will start a new contract. This is a rather new feature and you might wish to email residentialsales@exetel.com.au about it. Also, unless you know where you are moving to you might consider it risky because the new address might not support Optus services or have free ports.

2. You should have the option to pay $40 and not enter a new contract. If this option does not appear on your application form, email residentialsales@exetel.com.au to clarify it
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

sean34

Post by sean34 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:08 pm

mjsgh wrote:
CorporateVoIP wrote: Yes you will receive a new number, your new PSTN will be allocated from whatever is available.

You can only regain your old number as a PSTN if you ported it to VoIP in the naked conversion process. If you did not bring your PSTN across to VoIP, it is either in quarantine with your original carrier or has been put back in THEIR available list.

For others reading this, the conversion from VoIP back to PSTN is a manual process - handled by PaulP's team.

If you already have a VoIP number issued by Exetel, it will remain a VoIP number and cannot be ported away to another service.

If you wish to divert calls from your VoIP number to your new PSTN, it will cost you a landine call - whatever the rate on your current VoIP plan is.
Ok I am really confused by your answer now. This was my intial understanding as well, but in a response from ForumAdmin says otherwise. See this post.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37470&start=75#p286534

This is also confirmed by Paulp in a later post.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37470&start=120#p286623

My current understanding (from ForumAdmin's and Paulp's posts) is that you can use your current VoIP number as your new PSTN number.

So would you please confirm/clarify this once and for all? Perhaps this should be added to the FAQ list, as I think most people would be interested in this.
Your confused! not as much as me and others!!!! One person is saying one thing and another something else? I really think this needs to be made clear once and for all and put in the FAQ. I refer to the quote's above and also the current items from the FAQ and my previous posts and answers below?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37470&p=286597#p286597

Q.2. I have a VOIP service, will this be affected in applying for these new 'naked' ADSL2 plans with the phone?

A. No it will not. Upon applying for the new plan, you will receive a new PSTN
So i will get a new PSTN!
Q.3 But what if I ported my original PSTN to VOIP? Can I revert back?

A.You can, however this is a manual process and takes approximately 5-10 working days to complete
So can i or can't i??????? I have asked this question before and have been told no! But FAQ 3 says yes. To clarify i moved into a house. Ordered a new phone line with telstra and got a land line number. This number, which is my modem loggin, was then used for the naked application with Exetel. I have been on this ever since!

I'm geting tired of all these changes that keep occuring. I have been with Exetel for about 3 years now. I moved house, just round the corner and they couldn't move my ADSL service with me which i thought strange as on the same exchange. I was also told there were no new ADSL2 slots. I filled in the application and got excepted and guess what a NEW NUMBER. I don't want another NEW NUMBER i can't keep changing numbers and having to tell all my friends and business users. Its so frustrating. Am i going to have to have a new number again?

autron

Post by autron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:38 pm

sean34 wrote:your current VoIP number as your new PSTN number.
So can i or can't i???????
If you ported your original PSTN number to your Exetel VOIP service, then you can port it back out again and use it for the new PSTN service with the OCV200 plan. If you did not, then you cannot.

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:49 pm

autron wrote:
sean34 wrote:your current VoIP number as your new PSTN number.
So can i or can't i???????
If you ported your original PSTN number to your Exetel VOIP service, then you can port it back out again and use it for the new PSTN service with the OCV200 plan. If you did not, then you cannot.
It seems to me that Sean34's situation is not so simple. He says he has been with Exetel for 3 years, and at some point has relocated his service. I don't know if that was before or after his Naked service with Exetel. I think Exetel only had the ability to port a PSTN to VoIP 18 months or so ago (I recall I waited until this feature was available before I joined Exetel on a Naked plan).
If sean34 joined Exetel on a naked plan 3 years ago, I don't think his original PSTN number was ported to VoIP (even though that PSTN number may have been used as his service [login] number).

@sean34, I suggest you send an email or PM to PaulP so he can check your specific scenario.

EDIT: I don't think the confusion is from the FAQ or from FA's or PaulP's responses - they have been pretty clear to me. The confusion appears to be that due to individual circumstances, some people may not know whether, in their specific situation, they have a VoIP number that was originally a PSTN.

autron

Post by autron » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:00 am

vbap wrote:If sean34 joined Exetel on a naked plan 3 years ago, I don't think his original PSTN number was ported to VoIP (even though that PSTN number may have been used as his service [login] number).
I think the answer is still simple. If he did not port the number to VOIP and keep it, then it is gone, regardless of whether his login number is (coincidentally) the same as his old PSTN number.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:24 am

punjabiz wrote:Dear Admin,

I have received the email like everyone to change plans.

I notice that the new plans are 12 months contact.

I dont mind changing over, but I intend to move houses within the next 2-6 months. As such, if I move service, will I be hit with a $100 early termination fees + the $90 moving charges?

Please let me know so a wise decision can be made.

Cheers
If it is an Optus service then you can actually re-locate the service at no charge.

If it an AAPT or Telstra service then, unfortunately the early termination and new contract charge will apply.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:06 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
If it is an Optus service then you can actually re-locate the service at no charge.
just to clarify would that be dependent on Optus infrastructure being available at the new premises though?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:15 am

just to clarify would that be dependent on Optus infrastructure being available at the new premises though?
Yes.

Also in regards to relocating services via Optus, this is at no charge, however the 12 month contract restarts at the new premises.

Yoshi_900

Post by Yoshi_900 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 am

hi i have only just noticed this thread and wondering what is going on.

I am on TE-2D and contract expires on 2011-04-01, i did not receive an email cause i am still on contract but what happens when my contract expires ? maybe there will be new plans or something?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:02 am

Yoshi_900 wrote:hi i have only just noticed this thread and wondering what is going on.

I am on TE-2D and contract expires on 2011-04-01, i did not receive an email cause i am still on contract but what happens when my contract expires ? maybe there will be new plans or something?
You will receive an email setting out your options some time after the end of contract date.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:46 am

Insulator wrote:What I don't understand is this:

I changed my plan at the start of September, at which point I elected not to take up a new contract, in case I got an offer I couldn't refuse elsewhere. Now, if I had taken up a new contract at that point, I would be able to remain on that plan (1500X), and from what I understand Exetel would consider this a viable option, due to their new contract bonuses.

So why isn't there the option for me to take up a renewing contract on my existing plan, which surely would put Exetel in the same situation financially? I'll probably take up the PAYU plan, but renewing on 1500X would be clearly preferable to me.
It is only viable for us to offer the current pricing on a new plan commitment.

camh

Post by camh » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:19 am

CoreyPlover wrote:1. If you are moving from one Optus service and wish to bring that Optus service with you when you move, Exetel can get Optus to relocate it for you and Edit:there will be no charge though you will start a new contract. This is a rather new feature and you might wish to email residentialsales@exetel.com.au about it. Also, unless you know where you are moving to you might consider it risky because the new address might not support Optus services or have free ports.
It is also dependent on Optus continuing to offer a "relocation" option to Exetel.

I have direct experience where Exetel informed me based on the then current Optus relocation options that I would only be charged a small relocation fee. Three months later when it came time for me to move, Optus's rules had changed and I was to be hit with a contract termination and a new service charge - significantly more than the original relocation charge.

Because Optus's rules are not something Exetel has control over, any mention of a "relocation" option that does not involve cancellation and a new connection should not be taken seriously.

If you are going to move within the contract period, do not take out a new contract. I say this from experience.

AnnoyedALot

Post by AnnoyedALot » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:50 am

The content of this post has been deleted because it broke this forum's rules.

Womble

Post by Womble » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Is there any minimum usage requirements for the phone component on the OCV200 plan? Does anyone care if we ever plug in a POTS handset (not sure we have one anymore)? The reason I ask is I am struggling to see the financial benefit to Optus by offering the free reconnection to the POTS system with the free local and national calls. Just wondering what the catch (if any) is.

Thanks

David